1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Very slow progress after 3 weeks on Lifeflow10

Discussion in 'Having Problems?' started by regina, Aug 16, 2008.

1. regina

regina Member

For 3 to 4 weeks I've been watching thoughts and feelings. A couple of times I fell asleep for a little while, which I hear is good cause it means I relaxed. I am a bit more relaxed now than when I started, I'm glad for that. :)

Sometimes I use a mantra, others I follow my breath, others I'm in awareness of feelings and thoughts. It all feels shallow.

I'm longing for the deep meditation that so many of you describe with Lifeflow.
    Please advise me on how to proceed.

2. Grey

Grey Member

pick one technique

pick one meditation technique and stick with it for a couple of months at minimum. Eknath Easwaran says frequently changing techniques is a primary reason many people experience little benefit from their practice. Swami Muktananda said exactly the same thing. find a technique that feels right to you and commit to sticking with it long term.

3. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I went through that also. I realized I was too involved with the thoughts. Early on I had an experience watching thoughts that left me in tears over an old memory from 20 years ago. I had to get comfortable with being the watcher of the thoughts once again and not get wrapped up in them.
    For some of us sometimes it's war in there; we mustn't forget our place in it all. One must remember it is all mearly for observation, acknowledgement and forgiveness.
    This may or may not be your issue; this is one I'm all to familiar with so I thought I'd share it. I don't see many others sharing this but I know I'm not unique in this. :)

Gus

4. regina

regina Member

Thanks Gus for sharing. It helps to know that someone else has gone thru something similar.
    Regina

5. regina

regina Member

Thanks Grey,
    I appreciate your sharing. I will try just one method now.
    Regina