1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Very New to this...

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by johne33, Jan 15, 2008.

1. johne33

johne33 Member

Let's just say I'm not retirement age ...yet.
    I have been going through some very personal issues that have lead me to question myself and my life. I have recently tried some directed meditaion CDs and found they were very relaxing. When I stumbled across this opportunity, I jumped at the chance to try it....
    Finding quiet time can be an issue some times, but I have begun to finally make the time to start the CDs. The 1st session was very interesting. when that little chime/bell went off, I was startled. The second time, toward the end of my session, I thought I visualized faces from my past. It was both exciting and distubing at the same time.
    Is this kind of thing fairly normal???

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

YES ! Indeed this is very normal, in fact, this is a guarantee you are doing it right !

As you can read here : http://www.project-meditation.org/c...t-project-meditation/22-brainwave-states.html

Seeing dreamlike mental images and vivid memories may indicate that your brain is in the Theta state.
    It is quite amazing for someone new to meditation to reach this level of brainwave state, so you must be a natural !

Keep on going with meditation, never ever stop and you will certainly start feeling the benefits of meditation soon !

I think you will like reading all the articles here too:
    Learn How You Can Benefit From Project Meditation! - Project Meditation Community

Keep up the good work :)

3. manx

manx Member

This is normal John

Hi john
    This is very normal but only the beginning of an amazing way of life you have just discovered,

when I first started meditating 10 years ago after a suspected heart attack during my meditations I started to see people, faces symbols colours sounds ect the list was endless and to be honest I thought I was losing the plot but luckily was assured that I was not.

In the early days these images ect came thick and fast but as time passes they do tend to slow down and so leaving you in the still silent place we all aim for in meditation.

I still see everything and more that I did in the early days but nowadays it is not a big deal to me like it was in the early days and now I don’t have expectations of what will happen from meditation to meditation.

John
    When you meditate
    1. don’t try too hard
    2. don’t have expectations
    3. don’t think because you are not seeing images ect that you are not doing it properly
    4. just relax and be........

4. johne33

johne33 Member

Thanks for the reassurance...
    I feel much better now.
    This will be way kewl!!!
    ;-)

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Happy Birthday to you

Just noticed it is your birthday - hope you had a great day. Happiness and joy :) :) :)