1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Very Exciting!!!

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by iamican, Aug 10, 2010.

1. iamican

iamican Member

Hello!
    I am very thrilled to say that for the first time EV-ER, I meditated! twice no less!
    For years I put some...not alot, I will admit....effort into learning....and it was just so frustrating...even a class or 2!
    With Michael's course I realized that I could do this....I went ahead and worked at it for a week or so and Bingo! I realized after one of the 10 minute sessions that I indeed was meditating... I worked with that a few more times. Sometimes good...sometimes not....
    I started LF10 last week and for 20 minutes or so my mind is all over the place...I do not force anything...just let those thoughts come and go....start with my mantra again....then everything quiets down and even though it has only been one more time I KNOW I was able to meditate....the last 20 minutes, I am learning that it it is so much more peaceful up there!
    I love this! And I do know it will help me in all areas of my life!
    And this forum is so wonderful!
    You all are great in how much of your experiences you share which helps so much!
    Thank you
    Melissa

2. jada

jada Member

hi melissa

first of all welcome, like you, i m new to meditation and this forum, i ve been practicing seriously for over a week now, with lifeflow 10, its helping me a lot to be mor relaxed, and to worry less. there are some very helpfull and wise people here which helped me a lot answering many questions.

peace ,love and happiness

david:)

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Melissa and welcome to the Project Meditation community.

As you've found out, sometimes we try so hard as something we spend all our time focused on the effort of trying and not on actually achieving.

Meditation is not about focusing on anything, but about letting it all go. It's great that you've experienced that finally and now you know it's possible, just keep practicing.... but most importantly, let go of any expectations to achieve the same state again. If you have expectations, you'll hold yourself in the mind of those expectations and the state will be harder to achieve.

Look forward to seeing you around.

Hugs

Giles

4. iamican

iamican Member

Thank you both! I think that part of my ability of late is being able to not "expect" anything.....whatever happens will be good....
    Last night was more success!
    Each time seems a few minutes longer....I believe when it is enough...all of a sudden I am alert....boom..nothing creates this...no noise or anything which is why I imagine my mind is telling me when I have had enough for that session.
    I realize it but do practice the 2 minutes to "come back".. then my gratitude.
    It is really wonderful!
    Thanks again...
    Melissa

5. Anglepen

Anglepen Member

Hi Melissa

Lovely to have you aboard here, and congratulations on beginning your journey. :)

Kev