Using Lifeflow when going to bed of a night

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by jarrah, Jan 28, 2015.

1. jarrah

jarrah Member

Is it ok to do this and fall asleep with it playing? Will I still benefit. I don't really have any trouble with sleeping but I often play a guided meditation when I go to bed but I always fall asleep. In fact I've never heard beyond certain points in the guided mediations I use due to falling asleep.

Finding an hour or even 40 minutes to listen to Lifeflow at this point in my life during the day is not going to happen. Even if I did, I'm sure I'd fall asleep listening which is what always seems to happen when I listen to guided meditations anyway, no matter what time of day or night! I work shift work which means finishing at between 12am and 2am, getting home and then winding down before I go to bed. Then I need to be up by 6:45am to sort children out for school drop offs.

At the moment, I'm listening when I go to bed, I seem to wake sometime after it's over and I remove the headphones and go back to sleep easily.

I'm also confused about whether I should be just letting my mind wonder or having specific thoughts like I start off with while doing the guided meditations? For instance, with the guided meditations, I mostly think about what time I would like to wake in the morning, feeling good about myself and what things I would like to achieve the next day.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Jarrah and welcome to the community :)

first of all, you sound like you have a great outlook and a busy life too.

If you are wanting to meditate with LifeFlow you can do 5 or 10 minutes a day - you don't need to do 40 minutes. LifeFlow is created to fit around your personal lifestyle.

If you begin to meditate while listening to entrainment, but fall asleep, you are no longer receiving the benefits of meditation. There may be benefits associated with sleep that you're getting, but your meditation benefits stopped as soon as you slipped out of the state of meditation.

Here's a link about the principles of both meditation and entrainment that will help you immensely when you can make twenty minutes or so to read it.

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...nciples-meditation-entrainment.html#post12298

You will find that a few minutes of meditation a day will make such a difference to your busy life just like it has for me and countless others. Please let me know if you need any further information after reading the following link carefully...

Look forward to hearing how you progress and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

P.S. Are you aware that you don't need to wear headphones for LifeFlow to work? I personally hardly ever use them.

3. jarrah

jarrah Member

Thank you for your detailed answer pollyanna. I will start with the shorter version of Lifeflow then and fit it in when I clear the morning each day. I will go back to my guided meditations for night time I think.

I am aware that you don't need headphones for Lifeflow but I find my hubby's stereo setup too complicated. I would have to swap cables etc..argh! And it's only a couple of nights a week that we go to bed at the same time but I'm sure he would enjoy listening to it on those nights as he always plays something when he goes to bed.

Off to read your link now :)

4. jarrah

jarrah Member

That link was a great help, thank you for directing me to it. I should have looked for something like this to start with!

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Jarrah,

happy to have been of help and so pleased the link was helpful to you. Look forward to hearing how you progress and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)