1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Use LifeFlow 3

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by maut123, Jan 15, 2010.

1. maut123

maut123 Member

Hey :) I am new to this Forum. This is my first post (and question of course):
    I am currently listening to LifeFlow 10. its Alpha State. I just want to know: Can I use maybe LifeFlow 3 for sleep (I would use it when go to bed) because its Delta? Or should I continue listening to LifeFlow 10, than 9 ,...?
    Thanks
    Robin

2. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Please don't use alpha entrainment when you go to sleep, unless you have set it on a fairly short timer and just use it to move into sleep. When we fall asleep at night, we pass quickly from alpha through theta and into delta sleep without any artificial aid (except in the case of fairly rare diseases). You don't want to mess this up by keeping parts of your brain in alpha. Delta is one of the most important forms of sleep, especially for your physical health. (REM sleep is more for the mind.)

What I have done is putting on LF 3 (and more recently 2) with a timer so that it stops on its own a while after I fall asleep. I have Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome, otherwise I would not need it. If I can stay up as long as feels natural for me, I fall asleep without entrainment. As it is, it is certainly preferable to medication.