1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Upon Completion Of Lifeflow - Question

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by soulvids, Feb 28, 2009.

1. soulvids

soulvids Member

I know that there is no "one" answer to this question. But is it expected that one will attain "enlightenment" upon completion of all the Lifeflow levels. I know that meditiation will continue, but for those who have gone through all the levels, can you share with us your level of consciousness.

Also, has anyone here attained "Christ Consciousness?"

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

I for myself dont think there is "one" enlightenment...the word itself implys that theres nothing after it...which i cannot believe.

Im curious too, how far i´ve gotten in terms of meditation, when i reach lvl1. Maybe ill go back to 10, and start again...this time with another "depth"?

Pan

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

I've not purchased Lifeflow (I just can't afford it :( ) but I've listened to the introduction given by Michael and the demo.

From what I gather, it's not about attaining "enlightenment", but about bringing the way in which our left and right brain works into balance and synchronicity, hence allowing us to become more balanced in the way we think, act and live.

Christ Consciousness, as I understand it, is the same as Higher Consciousness (Higher consciousness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) a state where we are in touch with out true Self (a Self Realized person). To the best of my knowledge there are very few, if any, truly Self realized people about who are permanently in that state, although I think everyone occasionally experiences this state from time to time, albeit they may not recognise or pick up on it when it happens. The first part would be to recognise what is meant by the "Self" i.e. "Who am I?"

In this sense, perhaps a basic example would look at the following...

1) From the moment I was born to the present moment, almost every cell in my body has died and been replaced, yet I have always been observant of this happening. I, therefore, cannot be the physical cells of my body.
    2) As time passes, I have emotions that arise and disappear and become replaced with other emotions, yet I am still the same observer of these emotions as I was before each emotion as I am now after the emotion. I, therefore, cannot be the emotions.
    3) Likewise with my thoughts. These arise and fall away many thousands of times a second, and only certain thoughts are latched onto by my conscious mind where I can observe them, play them out through my senses (movement, speech etc.) and move onto other thoughts. After these thoughts have come and gone, I am still the same observer as I was before as I am now. I, therefore, cannot be the thoughts.

Whilst we are connected with all of the above, the one thing that remains constant throughout, never changing, ever observing is the "I", the true "Self".

Clearly this would be just the start of understanding the path of self realization, and much practice and consideration would need to be given to understanding and coming to terms with this for some people. Such a path can then lead on to understanding Oneness (Advaita - meaning "not two" or "non-duality") and recognition of the interdependance of everyone and everything in the Universe.

However, I feel I digress slightly now from the original question, so I shall shut up. hehe! ;)

Amazing how such a simple question can open up so much.

Hugs

Giles

4. soulvids

soulvids Member

LOL. Fascinating read! Thx for your input.

5. shesgg

shesgg Member

I've decided that's what I'm going to do too. I'm just finishing level 1.

6. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Those are interesting answers to an interesting question.
    I'd say that anyone who describes themselves as enlightened probably isn't. Humility has to be paramount I'd say! :p

I have met several people who have what the Tibetan Buddhists would call "individual enlightenment" (moved beyond identification with ego, permanently) and one whom I would say has reached the fullness of Buddhahood (serving all beings until every last one of us reaches Buddhahood).

But how does one get there? :rolleyes: How long does it take :eek:
    And where does Lifeflow fit in? :)

I see our path having many facets. There's purification of mind achieved through meditation (aided by Lifeflow), psychological work (eg The Sedona Method, etc) and other spiritual practices (selfless service, chanting, ongoing mantra and/or awareness throughout all waking hours, etc.) There's the developing wisdom that comes from advaita as so beautifully described by Giles. And finally and most importantly there's Grace

But only doing a couple of hours of meditation, with or without Lifeflow is unlikely to be enough on its own. (However, I'd love to be proven wrong!)

And hey! If any of you guys get there first, light a lamp for the rest of us so we can find our way! :p
    The race is on! :D:D:D
    Bhavya

7. shesgg

shesgg Member

We're all trying to get there, aren't we... :)

8. soulvids

soulvids Member

Giles made an interesting point that I'd like to build on. Can anyone confirm that they've attained the benefits of full brain synchronization? I believe this to be the scientific explanation of the spritual path that many of us embark on. Please share your experiences.