Trying to repeat my first experience

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by khan900, Jan 21, 2015.

1. khan900

khan900 Member

Hi, I started meditation few months ago and it completely changed my life even though I wasn't expecting anything special. For the first time I felt totally free, happy, with lot of energy that helped me to deal with my fears and anxieties. After about a month, my mind got back to the previous state of confusion, stress and unhappiness. Since then I try to meditate almost every day but nothing happens which brings lots of frustration and anxiety instead of peaceful state I experienced before. Is there anything I can do about this? (Sorry for mistakes but English isn't my first language ;))

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Khan900 and welcome to the community :)

I believe the key to your early success was that you weren't expecting anything and now you're blocking your way by "trying"

What technique of meditation are you currently using? It sounds like the technique you began with worked really well for you. Are you still practicing that or have you changed to something different? If you've changed maybe you should go back to the one that worked so well initially and without expecting anything special again.

Trying will only hold you back ;)

Here's a link to some great information that has helped many people here...

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...nciples-meditation-entrainment.html#post12298

Look forward to hearing how you progress and wish you an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

3. sapna

sapna New Member

I completely agree with pollyanna.

To repeat results, repeat the action.
    When you got that first experience, were you trying for it? No. And that's why it worked so beautifully. So let go of the wish to have the exact same experience again, and focus on your regular meditation. You will get even better results than your first experience.