1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

True Peace

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Mr Monkey, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

I recently heard a speech/talk by the Dalai Lama and (in a loose paraphrase) he said that a lot of the World exists in a peace which under the surface is actually very uneasy. This is because it’s arrival at and maintenance of this peace is founded on threat, power and aggression.

I felt this was very true, when you scratch the surface of the relationships between a lot of countries ‘at peace’ it’s like something from the stone circle scene in ‘The Good, Bad and the Ugly” (excellent film ;)), with each country watching nervously what the others are doing to make sure they don’t get an advantage, reacting with aggression (although not always guns/bombs) to any perceived threat to there own self interest.

He said that the solution is for everyone to find a true peace within themselves; as this would help create a World in which threat; power and aggression are never needed.

How nice does that sound? A society in which people can achieve goals/dreams while still being mindful of others. A society dealing in forgiveness and compassion rather than aggression and power.

I hope his solution finds its way to be fully implemented around the globe :), if so I think it could be happy days all round :D

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. MetaCognition

MetaCognition Member

Each one of us can do their part by LIVING the peace and bringing it into the world. Every being contributes to the greater whole that will one day be the peaceful vision we all see so clearly.

3. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Unfortunately, just as there are citizens who would turn to crime if not for the police, so there are nations who invade their neighbors if they can get away with it. The Dalai Lama knows this from personal experience, I dare say.

We should be glad there are others scaring the bullies of the world, but that is probably not the task for most of us who hang out here. We may not yet be able to make entire nations peaceful, but a small seed can grow to a large tree.

4. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Absolutely, I could agree with you both more :)