1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Totally amazed

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Phikaz, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Phikaz

Phikaz Member

Hi all.
    First I would like to thank the PM team for everything they are doing on this website and forum.

I used to be sceptic about meditation due to "involvement" with spiritualism and that was years back, until someone talked to me about it and explained. I did my research and came across holosync. I used their demo for a couple of months and for sure did feel a change in my inner-self (peaceful and centred). But I stopped due to lack of time and eventually lost interest. That was 3years ago.

Recently I have been going through some tough times (separation and finances) and I could not sleep or eat properly. I also lost all confidence in myself and was always in a daze/daydream state. Sometimes I would go from the living room to the kitchen and wonder what it was I wanted to do there,so I would go back to the living room and realise that I just wanted to get a glass of water. My mind was just so unsettled it was affecting my career. I even started to smoke thinking it would help my stress. So I decided to start meditating so I could have some inner peace.

I just happened to come across this forum and took about 4hrs going through it, I liked it and decided to try the Lifeflow sample which I liked again. On Dec 31 I thought to myself I should get serious with this meditation so I registered and downloaded the free course. I am on CD4 (I use the LF sample after each lesson) and I already feel a change in me. I feel my thoughts are more settled now although there is still "chatter" while meditating, and the most wonderful thing is that I don't enjoy smoking anymore. Everytime I light up I look at the cigarette and feel I dont need this and it tastes horrible. Well I think I will just quite cold-turkey.

I have been meditating 3 times a day since we have been on holiday and when I start going to work I plan to do it first thing in the morning and before bed. This is just awesome and I just wonder what I would be like if I carry on for another 6 months.

Thanks again to Mike Mackenzie and the great team behind him.

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Phikaz and welcome to the community.
    (Love where you come from "Saskatoon"... sounds like something out of an old Western movie hehe!)

Great to hear that you've found benefit from meditation. Stick with it, it's worth it.

Hugs

Giles
    (another past sceptic, who realised that being "spiritual" is within myself and isn't something other people use against me ;) )

3. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

I will remind you that the achievements of meditations are never lost. Even if you got distracted and went away for a while, it is not like a job where you are fired if you don't show up. It is a change in your own inner being. So take heart. Each new day you manage to find time for meditation, you have gained a little ground. It sure adds up over time! At first we feel like a flickering little flame, but in time you will shine brightly, steadily, and be of great help to others.

4. Phikaz

Phikaz Member

Thanks guys for the motivation.
    Blessings to you.