1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Tomorrow I will...

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by airportlounge, Dec 30, 2007.

1. airportlounge

airportlounge Member

Put Optimal Learning to the test. I have planned out my day. First I am doing my general exercise routine, then heading to the library to do some essay writing and accompanied reading. I will be using the 'Optimal Learning' Track. I have set up this thread to provide my fellow meditators with my personal results. Note that effective or not, these are only my findings and I am still on Lifeflow 10 in progress. Since I have been experiencing only positive effects thus far with 'brain entrainment' technology, I'm optimistic as to the benefits of this track to students with concentration difficulties. I have also started this thread to ask you, my project meditation friends, what your findings have been with this track.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  2. Ras

Ras Member

I have only had time to try it briefly so far. When i was useing the track i didnt really feel anymore concentrated than normal...however when thinking about it afterwards it does seem that my mind wasnt wandering as much as it normally does and i wasnt making as many exuses to go check out random internet pages :)
    So basicly, while i was useing it i didnt notice much...but looking back at it it did indeed seem to have an effect.

looking forward to hearing what your experince is with the track!

3. airportlounge

airportlounge Member

I apologize everyone! I didn't have time to study yesterday due to the New Years Eve festivities. I am going to do some intense reading today because I have to catch up :( In any event, I will still be posting my results on this page, and I encourage anyone else who has tried this track to do so as well :) The title of this thread is quite ironic (a procrastinators creed if you will:p)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

I like your sense of humour Airportlounge. (Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow, you're always a day away.) We can all procrastinate - the important thing is to know when we are doing it I think. I use optimal learning when I am studying. I listen to a LifeFlow track virtually every day for 40 minutes to 1 hour depending whether I listen to a download version (40 minutes) or a C.D. which is 1 hour. With Optimal learning I sometimes have it playing with headphones or as background music when I am studying. Sometimes I play it for a few hours at a time. It helps me to focus and I remember what I am learning more clearly. It's not only a part of my daily life now, because my family have seen the huge change it has made to my life, slowly but surely they are incorporating LifeFlow meditation into their lives. I think the power of this community is going to dramatically improve the lives of so many. Happiness and joy to you :) :) :)

5. airportlounge

airportlounge Member

Ok, here is trial 1

This is only trial one. I felt it necessary to stress this because I am going to use it again. I am going to use it again because I did notice a minor improvement in my ability to concentrate; I want to make sure its not placebo. I feel it may help with 'optimal learning' in that it helps eliminate what I like to call 'mind-chattering', my main source of clear-thought obstruction. This sort of helps keep the mind on task. The good thing about it is, the sounds are unobtrusive, yet present enough to have an effect. All in all, my first experience was satisfactory. The only downside is, since I easily get distracted, I began to focus on the sounds :p but that is my own shortcoming I have to work on. In any event, I would just like to say that it was only my first trial, so its kind of hard for me to fully recommend this to anyone to use their Karma credits on outside the general Lifeflow program (which is probably more important to some, for me, concentration on work is a HUGE factor). I would like to finish this post by once again stressing that this is only my own experience with the track. If you are interested in concentration enhancement through audio (alpha waves) then by all means give it a shot!

Take care folks.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008