1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Through the Ganzfeld

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by HalpeartVision, Aug 14, 2010.

1. HalpeartVision

HalpeartVision Member

How's it going!

As somewhat of a musician, I've always tried finding fresh perspectives on life. I've seen my dad meditate. He's an old European Christian with a bookshelf full of books on Buddhist meditation. I recall when I was very young, he tried to teach me to concentrate on my breathing and relax. I've done it to my own benefit a few times, but I never paid much attention to it...

The other day I came across the Ganzfeld effect. As a curious guy, (and a fan of progressive rock,) naturally, legal and safe hallucination seemed like a pretty worthy venture. I tried a couple of nights in a row to no avail.

However, the last time, no longer as afraid, I let myself sink into my bed and truly loose all sense of not only my eyes and ears, but the bed under me and the laptop resting on my waist. I didn't actually break the barrier still, but I came extremely close many, many times during the 30 minutes I tried.

When I woke up, I felt at peace. I felt like my whole body was properly surging with energy.

So now, determined to enter that world of visual free-fall, and internal bliss, I've decided to come here and learn to effortlessly focus and come to be at peace. I want to learn to turn off all filters and channel my inherent creativity.

Lookin' forward to talking with you people! :D

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi and welcome to the Project Meditation community,

Not heard of it before, but just gone and looked it up. Although I've not actively practiced that, I've experienced it on a few occassions for short periods. Sounds interesting though, so I'll have to read up a little more on it.

:)

Hugs

Giles