1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

This jarring resistance

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Ihavecoffee, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Midnight

Midnight Member

Yeaaahhhh

I don't worry about losing or gaining the feeling anymore, because it's not me. It's just a result of being.

Yeah, i've had that insight before, but I've never felt it, it was just a thought I liked to believe.

Let every emotion happen. If you feel terrible, let yourself feel terrible! It is not permanent, it will pass.

Yes, it is very simple :)

EDIT: You know, i've been thinking about it...maybe those "cycles" i kept going on about only existed and repeated in such a mechanical fashion was because I believed in them...Hmmm...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  2. Edwin

Edwin Member

if you would like, we could contact each other through a medium other than this forum. please let me know

3. Midnight

Midnight Member

Yes, that would be great. Is there a way to discuss this more through personal messages, or anything?

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

Does any of the Super-Admins know a way for Midnight to receive my e-mail adress without sharing it to the world ? ;)

5. GilesC

GilesC Member

I'm surprised, as a moderator, you haven't got access to a moderators control panel to access details of the members, so you could get Midnights email address from that. (We do on the forum I moderate, so we can contact members directly if necessary).

I guess one option would be to set up a temporary email address (using gmail or something like that), tell Midnight that address so he can contact you and then you can email him back your real email address. You can then edit your post here to remove the temporary email address. Then you can ignore that temporary email address and any rubbish that will inevitably be sent to it. ;)

Hugs

Giles

6. jodie

jodie Moderator

Edwin....

Hi, I have just sent you an email regarding the above recent posts.

Kind regards :)

7. Midnight

Midnight Member

Yeah, that is peculiar, I would have suspected that moderators would have access to that sort of thing.

Oh well, hopefully jodie helps us sort this out. :)

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanks Jodie :) You are a trooper !

9. Midnight

Midnight Member

What's the plan, then?

10. Edwin

Edwin Member

Jodie sent me a mail asking if it was ok to use the email adress I used to register to the site with.

I said it was ok, so she will probably send you my hotmail adress. This way we can keep in touch through email and maybe MSN Messenger :)

11. GilesC

GilesC Member

Maybe one day they'll enable the PM's for members who've come off initial moderation. :)

12. Midnight

Midnight Member

@Edwin

Okay, sounds good:)

@Giles

Yeah hopefully. Still a surprise that this board doesn't offer that sort of feature though.

13. Edwin

Edwin Member

I just noticed that I have never seen or heard from Ihavecoffee, who started this thread...

Did he even read it ?

14. Midnight

Midnight Member

I actually wondered the same thing the other day. And it's funny because our conversation sort of dominated the thread, and I had a realization here, rather than Ihavecoffee.

I hope he doesn't mind...:p

15. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

I was walking along and was outside of or observing my thoughts/emotions about a situation and this thread came to mind, I dug it out earlier and I’m glad I did, I’ve enjoyed reading it. There are some real gems of insight in here, thanks to all involved :).

“ copy/paste of the past”, that is such a good way of putting it. I guess the trick is to be able to see/observe the emotions that recalling the situation induces (rather than discount them entirely), so that you can still learn from them whilst not be dictated/conditioned by them.

This has been like pea in a whistle rattling around in my head for some time. I knew that I wasn’t always absorbed within my thoughts/feelings but at the same time I still can be, but it seems like this is a fairly natural progression and I’m one the right lines if I just continue try to stay as mindful as possible.

One thing I have found is that during a fairly stressful period last week I was able to almost switch out of the worry for a while. The distraction was pretty powerful as it was a beautiful day and I was walking through some really nice scenery, but as I was watching my thoughts/emotions about this situation I was able to think “I can come back to the worry later”, and push out the worry and focus on the sun, wildlife and general beauty of my surroundings. I haven’t been able to do this since so maybe it was a one off, but after reading above maybe it was another first step…..:)

I'm sure others will get something out of this thread too, *like* button pressed :D