1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

This is all completely new to me!

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by lamiddlewood, Mar 16, 2008.

1. lamiddlewood

lamiddlewood Member

Hi everyone, my name is laura and i was introduced to meditation from a friend at university who is doing her third year dissertation on meditation and stress and i found my self completely inspired by it all. So i am very new to meditation, like 5 days ago and i cant stop thinking about it and didnt know where to start until i cam across this website and so far seems very very useful!
    I guess the main reason that mediation seems to have appealed to me as i am completely a psychology degree and hope to go on and further my education and understand that i may be working in very stressful environments where others are mentally unstable and feel this may be a good way of dealing with difficult situations i may have to deal with. Also i am a shy, down to earth kinda person but for those that are close to me know i have a very strong character and sometimes struggle to control my emotions which i have only really become aware of in the last few months.
    If anyone has any starting off tips i would be greatful.
    Thanks, laura. :)

2. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Member

:) Hi Laura
    Start with downloading the discover meditation which will explain why where and what of meditation and then the timed meditation and gratification. Once you are comfortable with that then move on to the lifeflow series beginning at 10 which you need to stay on for not really less than two months. If you go to the homepage and click on the "how you can benefit from project meditaion there is a wealth of info there in regard to the basics and also about brain wave sequences which relate to the lifeflow system.
    Wish you happiness and discovery on your journey. :):)
    :p Gilli :p

3. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

Good advice twinkletoes.
    I'd also add that if you're interested in psychology then maybe you'd be interested in finding out the science behind meditation and it might get you more involved into the whole process more.

Enjoy yourself

Divinitywolf