1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Things To Do

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Divinitywolf, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

Yeah it decribed me too but i learnt through meditation how important it is to be yourself and i hope you have the same realisation that i had as i'm now so much happier.

Peace be with you
    Divinitywolf

2. ctutt

ctutt Member

Reading your post and all the replies to date along with your responses leads me to ask you one question. Do you really want to improve your situation? Or would you prefer to wait until it gets even worse? Your choice of course!

3. chris063

chris063 Member

Wow. Thank you for posting this for everyone to see pollyanna. It is really quite incredible. Charles C. Finn must have had the most amazing powers of insight.

4. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

"A Poem"

Hi Pollyana,
    I was just reviewing some of the post here, and I ran across the poem above that you posted back in December. It spoke to me and reminded me of a similar poem I wrote a few years back.

"A Poem"
    (written by Keith Jensen on Tuesday, June 28, 2005)

The tick tock ticking of time passing quickly.
    Seconds becoming minutes, becoming hours,
    Becoming days that stack up into years,
    Years of my life that seem to be a dream.

Who am I? Where am I going? What am I becoming?
    I'm six years old and then I'm 47.
    Sometimes time seems to rush along.
    Other times it creeps along slowly.

Past, present, future all seem to merge into one.
    I'm a babe, a boy, a man.
    I'm old and feeble; I'm young and strong.
    I'm everything and everyone.

I see myself reflected in everyone I meet.
    I'm the young child who delights in rain.
    I'm the young couple just starting out.
    I'm the old man quietly looking ahead.

And sometimes behind all these reflections,
    I catch a brief glimpse of me,
    Peaking out from behind a corner,
    Urging and beckoning me to meet myself.

To let go of all the false me's,
    To reach out with a firm grasp,
    And clasp hands firmly and familiarly,
    And say, "I remember you!"

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Chris and thankyou for your kind words - they are deeply appreciated :)

Keith, WOW!! Thankyou for sharing your poem, it is beautiful and truly inspiring :) I wish you both an abundance of happiness and joy on your incredible journeys of self discovery :) :) :) Here is a gift of some lovely words from a song you both probably know very well:-

I see trees of green, red roses too
    I see them bloom for me and you
    And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
    The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
    Are also on the faces of people going by
    I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"
    They're really saying "I love you"

I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
    They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
    Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Oh yeah :) :) :)

6. chris063

chris063 Member

Thank you again pollyanna! A beautiful gift of a beautiful song. I went for a walk at lunchtime yesterday with the deep gravelly voice of Louis Armstrong singing in my mind. :):):)

7. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

A Bit of a Rough Day

Hello everyone,
    Pollyanna, thank you for being so thoughtful and considerate. I love the song you shared.

Today, there is a part of me that is feeling really frail and vulnerable. It kind of feels like I might be in the stage of changing from an “old way” of being into a “new way” of being. I’m feeling like how I imagine a caterpillar feels as he is in the cocoon metamorphosing into a butterfly. In another way, I feel like I’ve broken out of the cocoon, but my wings are all crumbled and weak. At any rate, there is something in me that I’m noticing that is feeling REALLY scared and vulnerable. If you were to ask me how you could best be for me at this moment, I’d say:

● “Please don’t tell me what I ought to do.”
    ● “Please don’t tell me what you’d do.”
    ● “Please just sit with me.”
    ● “Smile at me and say you hear me.”
    ● “Please try to listen with your heart.”

Perhaps this quote will give you an idea of how I’m asking you to be for me at this moment.

The Gift of “Presence”
    “To sit and listen while someone talks and allow that person to be with her feelings and experience her emotions without comment, and to create a space for that person to find her way through whatever passage she is making, is an act of service.”

(As found in Caroline Myss’ book Invisible Acts of Power, p. 186)

I have been meditating regularly using Project Meditation’s LifeFlow CDs since May 2008. I am currently on LifeFlow 6. I am grateful that Michael has produced and offers the LifeFlow meditation tapes at such a reasonable price. I’ve noticed the kindness and support that is offered to fellow meditators in this forum. I won’t post more here now other than to say I’m asking for your thoughts and prayers. I am much more comfortable offering encouragement and assistance to others than I am asking for it when a part of me is feeling vulnerable. If any of you are interested you can read more about me at: Contemplative Remembrance

Thanks so much for just being there and listening. Your presence makes a difference in my life.

8. lakshmi_shegar

lakshmi_shegar Member

Hi Divinitywolf,

That's nothing new there are many people like us. I was also in the same situation as you are. I have been practising meditation recently to keep me engaged. Do try it.

thanks,

9. Jeb

Jeb Member

Divinitywolf... please turn off the 'pute, turn off the tv, turn off the music and all other media and LISTEN to the quiet - listen to your boredom. It is amazing how answers will be there if you let yourself be ready to receive them. Boredom is not a bad thing if you use it constructively. Don't think of yourself as being bored, think of yourself just as being... right now... exactly in this present moment.

Also, try Michael's meditation course. It is a jewel for getting truly in touch with what is important - YOU and NOW!

10. Imed

Imed Member

You could try working out. There are so many health benefits to working out, both physical and psychological. Also, when you are doing a heavy set with a lot of weight, you are foced to be in the now and concentrate because it is the only way you will be able to do. And after a workout, you will feel really good about yourself.

You could also get into running. There are many benefits involved with running as well. And, it's really fun when you are running, to practice awareness as well.

All in all, these are two great activities to get into and you will benefit physically, psychologically, and spiritually. Not to mention you probably make many friends who enjoy these things as well.

Just some Ideas.

11. kaladharpenumudi

kaladharpenumudi New Member