1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

The Silva Life System

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Alison88, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Alison88

Alison88 Member

Hi there

The Silva Life System has just been brought to my attention. Do any of you know anything about it? Would it work in conjunction with Lifeflow or is it a separate Meditation package?

I would be very grateful to hear what any of you have to say about it.

Many thanks.

Alison x

2. soulvids

soulvids Member

I know this is an old post, but I'm interested to know the answer as well.

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

4. taunya

taunya Member

Silva

I have had the Silva System for almost 2 months. I experienced bursts of creative ideas after learning how to meditate with their system. I use their 3 to 1 relaxation techniques when I start to listen to LifeFlow. However, I am very new to LifeFlow (only 3 days) so, my evaluation of combining the two may not be complete. I also purchased and have been studying MindBox by Burt Goldman, "The American Monk." I have really enjoyed listening to his audio's. I would recommend Silva System, yes, for I feel it gives a structure to my meditations. I really like Burt's "Daisy Pond" meditation. Burt's teachings are based on the Silva System.

5. soulvids

soulvids Member

I'm interested to hear your progress. I agree that Silva seems to have a clearly defined roadmap for self improvement. There meditation however, is more accurately described as self hypnosis. I started LifeFlow 10 last week, and Silva this week. I do lifeflow in the morning and silva long relaxation @ lunchtime. I'm still practicing getting to Alpha. Not quite there yet.

6. taunya

taunya Member

So far, I have achieved relaxation faster with the Silva Method. (March 30 2009) I think that my experience with that method helps me identify when I reach relaxation with LifeFlow. I find that with LifeFlow, my mind wanders, and it is hard for me to stay in the zone for 40 minutes now. It wasn't as difficult to stay focused in the beginning...but I haven't been doing as much Silva or Burt's programs since I started LifeFlow. So I think I need to incorporate both, like you have done. BTW, I also have a few guided meditations from Kelly Howell, BrainSync, which I really enjoy. Keep me posted on your progress. This should be an interesting journey!

7. enlighteneduk

enlighteneduk Member

It was Burt Goldmans CD's that led me to the Silva method, and researching the Silva method on google, that led me to the LF site- seems a lot of us are on the same path!

Heather

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

Maybe it's just because I am so active on this site, but I feel exactly the same way, it's like seeing the bigger picture behind religions, meditation methods, and somehow feeling as if all religions are starting to focus on the same thing, no matter what path we choose, we are heading towards a common goal somehow...

9. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

All Paths are Joined

I agree with you Edwin. Life is speeding up and things are changing so fast. Global warming is upon us (See NOVA | Extreme Ice | PBS), and we're still at war with one another. It's a call to return to our Center where we are One. Those who are sensitive are figuring out how to answer this call and find a path that brings them into alignment with our True Being. Thanks to the internet, we get to share the journey.

I find it especially encouraging that so many men are involved in this. Ok, I know that sounds sexist, but let's face it, our cultures seldom encourage boys to move into heart-centered paths. I recently read an article by Matthew Fox on the difference between soldiers and warriors The Hidden Spirituality of Men | Healthy and Green Living which is fascinating.

oops, I suppose this was a bit off your topic of Silva and Lifeflow, but Edwin's comment got me going :p
    Still, in all seriousness, whatever methods we use, Silva, Lifeflow, Centering Prayer, Non Dualism, or a combination of the above, it'll increase the likelihood that our planet and the human species can overcome the challenges we face and move into peace.

Wishing you all the miracle of continuing Self discovery
    Love
    Bhavya

10. chris063

chris063 Member

Hi Bhavya and Edwin,

Yes wandering off topic a bit but this is all so interesting!! Coenrad pointed me in the direction of the Heartmath Institute, where global spiritual 'leaders' are gathering and organising all sorts of activities designed to bring together like-minded people to work towards raising Global Conciousness, I don't know if the Global Coherence Initiative (community building, environmental responsibility, heart coherence, planetary consciousness, social h) has been mentioned elsewhere on PM. We seem to be living in an age where spirituality and science are converging and new meaning is being found everywhere, I am finding everything that is happening now incredibly exciting!!! :):):)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  11. soulvids

soulvids Member

LOL!! I've been using the Kelly Howell guided meditations at night (since they advise/encourage you to fall asleep to them). I wake up an hour early every morning for LifeFlow. I also went and got Burt Goldman's Mindbox after seeing your first post and I've been alternating between that and Silva during lunchtime everyday. I don't know if this is overkill, but I would really like to master these techniques.

I'm thrilled to see this thread come to life. Thanks to everyone who posted!

12. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Hi Chris
    Thank you (and Coenrad) for this link. It looks really good! I really find it heartening that groups like this are coming into being. :):)

13. chris063

chris063 Member

Hi Bhavya, so do I!!! The CGI people are planning on deploying sensors to strategic locations all over the world, to monitor the earth's magnetic field and Schumann resonances, when everything is in place they will then be adding data in an attempt to show a direct link between these and major world events such as earthquakes, human disasters and human emotion. They are also going to be watching for evidence to show that mass group meditation (hope you are reading this Edwin!!!) and prayer etc also have a direct effect on the magnetic fields, human emotion and the earth.

It is very heartening, and in my opinion well worth taking part in, it can certainly DO NO HARM!!! :):):)