1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

The secret to the Law of Attraction

Discussion in 'The Law Of Attraction' started by pollyanna, Jan 30, 2008.

1. D. James Albert

D. James Albert Member

Hehe, it's Darren :D

Ironically, only when we recognize the limitations of science can the full contribution of scientific study be found. By that I mean what we learn from science adds to our understanding but is not our understanding. I prefer to apply a holistic approach to my understanding and awareness of life, one that gathers contribution from all methods of thought.

Have you heard of Bruce Lee's philosophy of Jeet Kune Do? Bruce Lee is widely known as a great martial artist, but few people realize he was one of the great philosophical thinkers of the 20th Century. In fact, his Jeet Kune Do was born from the application of his philosophy to what he referred as 'the art of expressing the human body.' His philosophy goes:

"Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own."

I think this philosophy, when applied honestly in the search for truth, can help many people find their way along the path to expanded consciousness. I especially like it as it reminds you not to blindly subscribe to any one person's view or any one system's doctrine, but rather to consider them all whilst remaining mindful to take from that consideration what is valuable, pass by what is not, and weave your newfound knowledge around and into your own unique awareness.

2. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

OK, Darren it is! :)

I too find it's a sifting process...taking what you like and leaving the rest. Which, though, is still just mind operating. Where I operate too much of the time

Good is when there is a recognition of truth...that aha moment when something comes into focus and you know it's right. Something beyond mind.

Best is discovering a Truth for yourself, through experiencing. Last night, meditating with LF 6 that happened for me ...a deep apprehending of spaciousness, beyond mind, beyond body. Grace.

I wonder though...So many here have spoken of different layers of "stuff' coming to surface. I haven't had so much of that at the psychological level, but one thing I have had is physical sickness. Knowing the body/mind connection, I'm wondering if this is simply another way for the layers of resistance, and old karma to come to the surface. Has anyone else had this happen? Maybe I should ask this question in another post.....?

At any rate, I am feeling very grateful for LF, Michael for putting this together, and all my Teachers...which includes you all here.

We are each others' teachers, and it's all conspiring for all of us to come to Truth - Thanks!

Bhavya

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  3. Imed

Imed Member

Hey there Bhavya,

After reading your post, I feel that your experience has been somewhat similar to mine. I too have not experienced what others have talked about when they say they feel negative emotions surface or they let go of childhood memories. However, I do have those 'aha' moments every once in a while with lifeflow. I know that when I first started lifeflow, the biggest 'aha' moment I had was a feeling (and knowing) that we are not who we think we are. We associate ourselves with our body, our likes and dislikes, our hobbies, our problems, etc. but we are none of those things. I realized during my meditation that we are the consciousness that underlies all that. Each and every one of us is a focal point of the overall consciousness (or God). I had this 'aha' moment before I had read any of Eckhart's stuff or heard anything about this kind of stuff. Then, when I started getting more interested and looking it up online, I found that my 'aha' moment was confirmed by what many other people were saying (and I really doubt it was a coincedence).

But anyways, I just wanted to let you know that my meditations have had some 'aha' moments but I have not experienced any resurfacing of negative emotions or childhood memories. I am actually glad to hear that I am not the only one to experience LF like that.

4. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

:p of course who knows what's lurking behind the next corner...:eek:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  5. D. James Albert

D. James Albert Member

At the risk of getting hung up on terminology, I would like to offer my thoughts on your post.

'Good' and 'Bad' are mere labels of subjectivity, they are illusionary concepts in and of themselves. In the same way that money is an illusion and is of no value in itself (it merely represent something else), so too do the labels of 'good' and 'evil' merely exist to represent something else. The something else we are talking about are expressions of Mind. Love, as an expression, might be defined as 'good'. Hate, as an expression, might be defined as 'bad'. For this reason, I see no relation between a label such as 'good' and an expression of awareness such as truth. Truth is neither good nor bad, it simply is. If I were to rephrase your statement, I would say 'Truth is when there is a recognition of truth.'

I only raise this as one of the biggest disparities that exists in our world is competitive thought that arises through arguments of perception. What one person sees as good another may not, and thus affinity between two people begins to fade in preference for a dogmatic view of what is nothing more than a label. This perception extends into the application of 'good' and 'evil' and before we know it, we have 'truth' and 'awareness' obscured by labels that promote fear based thought. The same goes for the word 'best'. What is best? It is a label designed to further segregate other labels. For example, 'best' infers that something is not as 'good' as another. More labels that obscure the expression or the awareness that you are actually trying to pay attention to. To put this all in another way, 'good' and 'bad' are simply different subjective labels used to describe the different phases of Consciousness and, because they describe different phases of the one thing, they are in turn inseparable as one thing.

When you say that you experienced a deep apprehending of spaciousness, beyond mind, beyond body, can I suggest a different interpretation? Can I suggest the feeling of expanded awareness that brings with it a feeling of complete inseparable oneness with everything (which also manifests as a feeling of spaciousness, and/or a feeling that nothing is far from your grasp) is most definitely beyond body, but is not beyond mind - unless you associate the mind as being nothing more than an aspect of the physical brain. You are Mind. Mind is Consciousness. Your Soul is your Consciousness. Your Soul is your Mind. The timeless, ageless you that existed before human birth and will continue to exist after your human death is your Mind, your Consciousness, your Soul. To experience any form of anything is the experience of Consciousness, the experience of Mind. Mind transcends the body but if you are to transcend Mind I can only consider this would mean that you have ceased to be. How can one experience 'awareness' without consciousness? How can one have consciousness without Mind? Mind without Consciousness is nothing, for they are one in the same thing. Both find their foundation in curiosity, and as long as you are experiencing anything, you have curiosity at the seed of your awareness and thus you have the very thing that constitutes the nature of your existence. Without this, there is no means through which to be aware.

Another term used to describe the Universal Mind or God is the 'One Mind'. The Universe is of Mind, and all that exists within it is of and through Mind. It is Mind that imagines it, and Mind that draws it all together. It is Mind that experiences it, and Mind that perpetuates it. One can no more leave their own Mind behind than God could leave God Consciousness behind.

Having an experience that transcends the body involves an expansion of your Mind. An experience of pure awareness means to harmonize your Mind, your Consciousness, into a unified field with the nature of Source Consciousness. To be 'one' with everything means to sync your Mind with the Mind that gives rise to and permeates all that surrounds you. The 'aha' moment you refer to is a moment of pure awareness of Mind, not a moment of awareness beyond Mind. I think confusion arises when such an experience occurs, because many people so closely associate themselves to their Human Mind (the Temporal Mind) that they feel they have transcended Mind when they enter a state of truthful harmony. Instead, they have stepped aside of their Temporal Mind and are now more closely associated to their Celestial Mind, through which they can experience a state of pure oneness with that from which the Celestial Mind springs (the Universal).

Again, I know it can seem like a hang up on words, but I feel the quest for expanded consciousness begins with a clarity of understanding, so I only write this post to help with that. I genuinely hope it does but whatever the case, it's awesome to read that you are having this kind of expansive experience - for it is the experience that matters most. :D

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

Once again, wow Darren !

Have you yourself experienced this ? The way you talk about it goes beyond knowledge one can get in a book, or so it seems to me.
    Did you reach this insight by a sudden "aha moment" or did it slowly "grow on you" ?

PS these questions arise from curiosity, not from sceptisism, I think your posts are amazing and really help me with expanding my vision from "tunnel" to "360" if you know what I mean !

7. D. James Albert

D. James Albert Member

Thanks again Edwin. My intention when I share my mind is to do exactly that, so even if I spend all my time doing so and one person finds something in what I say, then I feel like it was well worth my time and effort :)

With regards to my own experience, yes, I have enjoyed moments of pure awareness on numerous occasions. You could call them 'expanded consciousness' experiences or experiences of oneness. 'Affinity with Universal nature' would perhaps also be a reasonable explanation. My favorite explanation is to say a moment of 'harmonic truth' because when it occurs, you are in harmony with everything as it 'is'. Sometimes these have been short, and a few have been exceptionally long. So I do speak from experience and not from theory, although often my way of describing it may appear theoretical based on the limitation of words available to explain those experiences. To be honest, nothing I've ever written clearly sums up the experiences I have had - there really aren't any words for it as any one who has had those experiences will testify to (and it seems there are quite a few on this forum).

My first real moment of absolute connected awareness occurred when I was about 24 years old (I am 40 in a month). The latest one was about two weeks ago. In fact, shortly after the latest one I wrote down around two or three pages of insight from the experience, but have yet to re-read what I wrote. I attribute the first of these experiences to Michael Domeyko Rowland. He is the author of 'Absolute Happiness' and is also an Australian. I met him in the early 1990's (at a time when I was a self proclaimed atheist) and he opened my mind so to speak. He spoke so brilliantly that I was enthralled by his ideas enough to consider them a possibility. As a result of his captivating intelligence, I gave his work a chance (despite a certain amount of atheistic skepticism at the time). It was not long thereafter that I had a number of experiences that shook the foundation of my atheism to pieces and, in turn, put me on an all new road of discovery and what I like to call the 'enbrightening path to awareness'.

I was so amazed at the experiences I had that my entire life became very much about those experiences. It became a burning curiosity of mine to learn more, experience more, and understand more. I've studied a lot of material on the subject of mind, consciousness, religion, spirituality, afterlife, physics (including quantum) and so forth, including the Law of Attraction. I continue to do so, although I have to say the majority of what I read doesn't really lead me anywhere. For me, it is extremely easy to tell the fakes who are in it for the money from those who get it. Eckhart Tolle is a classic example. Admittedly I've never read any of his books, but I have watched a few of his YouTube videos. I can tell he gets it, it's clearly obvious - especially when he expresses his little chuckles in his moments of present-ness. I think his use of the word 'ego' could be simplified to make his ideas easier to digest by the mainstream, but there's no doubt in my mind when I see him talk, he's one who walks it and there is nothing theoretical about him. I will read his books at some point I'm sure - from what I've seen he seems very much a kindred spirit.

My views on the nature of consciousness are a little different than anyone else I've seen, including that of Michael Rowland. Apart from my own book I don't think anyone presents consciousness as I do (I could be wrong, its a big shared world!). Here is the main difference. The majority of spiritual teachers all propose that we are not individuals, that we are expressions of the Source and that when we die, our individuality is lost and we simply merge back with the Source, to be One Mind. Usually this is parallelled to an individual droplet of water merging back with the ocean and thereby losing its individuality.

In the first decade of my experiences, I also subscribed to this idea - it seemed reasonable to me and considering it was this idea that had opened my mind to many of my experiences, it sort of seemed wrong to consider otherwise. Problem was, it didn't seem to fit with all of my experiences and didn't resonate with my intuition (which is a message of in-the-moment awareness or truth). I struggled to reconcile this at first, thinking that it must have been my human self striving to preserve its individuality (after all, most teachers will tell you that it is your ego that wants you to believe you are an individual, and so on). I then had a number of experiences that expanded my awareness to a realization of individuality beyond the human body whilst still retaining a kind of oneness with Source. When you have these experiences you know rather than think what is occurring, and so it was hard to deny them. I also couldn't reconcile the information of all the cases of NDE's (Near Death Experiences)' and in-between lives regression therapies (such as those conducted by Michael Newton). For individuality not to exist in a Celestial, after human sense, all of these cases - of which there are hundreds of thousands - would all have to be wrong. That didn't sit right either. I also found that many people all over the world also found it difficult to reconcile the idea of not having their own soul after death, of not being something more in their own right. It is true this could be their human persona overriding truth, but I saw this occur so many times that I found it hard to fathom this would be the case for everyone - surely some were speaking from intuition rather than reason I found myself asking. I also wondered another question, which was if the Universe is time bound, and God Consciousness is timeless, then everything that could ever be experienced in the Universe already has been to that God Consciousness. Even if all potentialities are possible, all possibliities are bound by time and since God Consciousness is not, all time bound experiences are already a part of that same God Consciousness. In consideration of this, I wondered what would be the point of continued incarnation? There were many other experiences and reasonings that I had to doubt the notion that there is no individuality beyond death.

For years I kept my attention on this question of individuality, thinking I would never know for sure until I was in fact dead, and then one day and one night the answer came to me during a moment of pure connected awareness. One afternoon I had a moment where the spectrum of mind became clear to me, and the understanding of our Celestial nature also became clear in what I suppose others would call an 'aha' moment. I literally felt myself become lighter at this time - a definite moment of enbrightenment. As part of the moment, I also became aware of the nature of dreams, and it was this awareness that later provided the icing on my cake of realization. I realized that dreams were the Temporal Mind turning its attention to the Morphic Mind, in a kind of mind-merge, and that dreaming is merely the Temporal Mind and Morphic Mind's sharing mindspace in a moment of exploration of the Morphic Field of information. Incidentally, this is also why dreams are difficult to remember - because the memory of them is fragmented between the two aspects of your consciousness - the Temporal and Morphic Minds. This is the same reason why sometimes you can remember a dream in vivid detail, and why other times you know you had a dream of some nature, but can't remember a thing about it. With this awareness - that the dreamstate is basically an exploration of a field of information (the Morphic Field) - I was instantly able to take control of my dreams in a way I had never done before. I would argue that If my understanding had been incorrect, I would not have been able to take this control. The next morning I woke up and started typing information on how the mind really works, from the Human Mind (Temporal Mind) right through to the Universal Mind as it if had been as clear as day all the time. And I suppose it had been.

Since then, I've tested my understanding of how our Mind works against every conceivable angle. If my understanding can be applied to any relative question at anytime then it will continue to hold as being truthful. If in time I find something relative that it doesn't gel with, then I am open to changing or modifying it in line with a new understanding and awareness. I have also been able to apply it to the process of creative attraction everyone calls The Law of Attraction. The result is my entire life is lived around this principle, and it unfolds consistently in my life. In turn, I've been able to discern between what is real in the Law of Attraction process and what is not, or rather what is misrepresentation/misinterpretation - through practical application rather than theory. My interest resides in the truth, I can never be dogmatic for that would be to stunt the growth of my own consciousness. It is better to embrace being wrong for only then can you move closer to truth and thus harmonize with the true nature of everything. Pure honesty and pure openness is what matters, for truth is all that matters, everything else is a distraction. (I might add that the greatest truth of all is Love). So far, however, my life has become a product of this awareness, it seems to be able to explain a great deal about the things I'm confronted with, and most of all, I have to say my life right now is as perfect as it could be right now according to my own definition - so in a practical sense it also works. Further, it has contributed to increased moments of connection, enabled me to overcome all fear, and catapulted my affinity with all life into a realm of mutual respect and pureness. As far as I can see at least in the now, my understanding seems to be the truth of the matter. My soul-mate also finds it so, and also applies the same understanding and awareness to her life. If I'm misguided, its a very pleasurable and awakening mistake :D

Oh yes, you mention your question is one of curiosity rather than skepticism. I much prefer questions that arise from curiosity for they are necessarily more in tune with our true nature, but you know, whichever road leads to good questions, so long as your mind stays open to the possibilities the answers may bring, then I'm good either way :)

8. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Goodness, Darren! Words! Semantics! Words belonging to the world of dualism in which we live... such as the good and bad describing what a person feels is meaningful or helpful.

I see that perhaps it's better not to write of such experiences because they can't really be described. This is why there are so many religions - each culture interpreting the spiritual according to its orientation.

You must know that when I used the word 'mind' I'm referring to thinking mind that we all use daily. It's certainly true that Universal Mind is a term that some use to describe Source but it's not a term that's helpful to me. I'm using terminology that belongs to the tradition in which Ramana Maharshi shines, and to quote him:

Your true nature is that of infinite spirit.
    The feeling of limitation is the work of the mind.
    When the mind unceasingly investigates its own nature,
    It transpires that there is no such thing as mind.
    This is the direct path for all.

You see, if I were to try again to describe what I saw, it was spaciousness, and in that there was 'little mind,' appearing, small, insignificant, dwelling within that space.

But words are so inadequate!
    I do appreciate your comments as a gesture motivated by wanting to clarify what That is...and I realise that I'm uncomfortable talking/writing/analysing something precious - which is my lesson ...not to try and describe such things.

Your dharma sister, wishing you well
    Bhavya

9. D. James Albert

D. James Albert Member

Words are definitely inadequate, but I would also suggest that being uncomfortable in attempting to discuss a particular subject offers the lesson of learning how to discuss it. Ramana Maharshi is said to have been a teacher of silence but he nonetheless realized he had to discuss his subject matter for those around him to learn and benefit from his awareness. They say he did so out of compassion. Perhaps you could consider his approach as your own? I'm sure there will be plenty of people on this forum and in your life who are eager to learn about your experiences, even if you feel your best explanation doesn't do them justice. Just a thought. :)

10. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Keith's "Inserts"

Dear Bhavya, Edwin, Darren, Imed, Chris, Mitch, Pollyana, Gus, and others who have posted on this thread,

Thank you so much for your willingness to dialogue on this forum and on this thread in particular.

Speaking of “dialoguing,” I once read:

He who has understood the meaning of dialogue will not want to have anything more to do with academic dalliance or a science of comparative religion, behaving as if it stood above all religions. He will also not want to know anything more of a certain kind of theology that works 'without presuppositions' and pleases itself in manipulating definitions and formulas and forgets about man, who is the main concern. He will be more and more pulled into what is called 'spirituality': the real life of the mind. . .
    The real dialogue takes place in an ultimate, personal depth; it does not have to be a talking about religion. But something does distinguish real dialogue: the challenge. Dialogue challenges both partners, takes them out of the security of their own prisons their philosophy and theology have built for them, confronts them with reality, with truth . . . a truth that demands all. . . All of a sudden the shallowness of all religious routine was laid bare, the compromise with the world. That which is essentially un-Christian in so many things that bear Christ's name. . . If dialogue is taken seriously, Christianity must be deeply sincere and upright--different from what it is now
    (Klostermaier, pp.98F. and 102f.).

Over the last few months that I have been reading posts and writing posts here, this forum has been such a beneficial place for me. Each of you has been so intuitive as you’ve reached out to me at “just the right moment” in offering words of empathy, encouragement, and insight. I notice the kind and thoughtful ways you each reach out to new members that are coming to this forum, and my heart is deeply touched.

One of the inspired teachers in the religion in which I was raised once said:

“Likewise, unremembered by some is the reality that in the kingdom we are each other’s clinical material; the Lord allows us to practice on each other, even in our imperfections. And each of us knows what it is like to be worked on by a “student” rather than a senior surgeon. Each of us, however unintentionally, has also inflicted some pain.”
    (Neal A. Maxwell’s talk “A Brother Offended” Ensign, May 1982)

Being we’re each other’s “clinical material,” we sometimes “unintentionally” step on one another toes. It helps me remember this quote:

Don’t Take Anything Personally
    Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
    (From The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz)

Having said this, I’d like to offer some thoughts and excerpts from other’s writings that Darren’s posts here brought to mind. I know that this process of learning is really useful to me, and I think it may be so for others here too. Also, I just want to say, “Darren, thank you so much for your presence here and for your dedication in writing and sharing your insights.” With love and respect. –Keith :)

P.S. Please excuse the way I formatted this. I’m unfamiliar how to set up “quoted material” like I see the rest of you do.

Darren Wrote: 'Good' and 'Bad' are mere labels of subjectivity, they are illusionary concepts in and of themselves. In the same way that money is an illusion and is of no value in itself (it merely represent something else), so too do the labels of 'good' and 'evil' merely exist to represent something else. The something else we are talking about are expressions of Mind. Love, as an expression, might be defined as 'good'. Hate, as an expression, might be defined as 'bad'. For this reason, I see no relation between a label such as 'good' and an expression of awareness such as truth. Truth is neither good nor bad, it simply is. If I were to rephrase your statement, I would say 'Truth is when there is recognition of truth.'

Keith’s Insert: Guilt and fear are the only enemies of man. There is no such thing as “wrong.” There is only that which does not serve you; does not speak the truth about Who You Are, and Who You Choose to Be.

Guilt is the feeling that keeps you stuck in who you are not. . . Awareness is what you seek. But awareness is not guilt, and love is not fear.

Fear and guilt, I say again are your only enemies. Love and awareness are your true friends. Yet do not confuse the one with the other, for one will kill you, while the other gives you life.
    (Conversations with God (book 3), p. 5)

Darren Continues: I only raise this as one of the biggest disparities that exists in our world is competitive thought that arises through arguments of perception. What one person sees as good another may not, and thus affinity between two people begins to fade in preference for a dogmatic view of what is nothing more than a label. This perception extends into the application of 'good' and 'evil' and before we know it, we have 'truth' and 'awareness' obscured by labels that promote fear based thought. The same goes for the word 'best'. What is best? It is a label designed to further segregate other labels. For example, 'best' infers that something is not as 'good' as another. More labels that obscure the expression or the awareness that you are actually trying to pay attention to. To put this all in another way, 'good' and 'bad' are simply different subjective labels used to describe the different phases of Consciousness and, because they describe different phases of the one thing, they are in turn inseparable as one thing.

Keith’s Inserts:

The Illusion of "I Know"
    "In our discussion of the levels of consciousness, we noted that one of the downsides of Pride is denial. Every mind engages in denial in order to protect its 'correctness'--this begets the fixity and resistance to change that prevents the average consciousness from advancing much more than five points in a lifetime. Great leaps in levels of consciousness are always preceded by surrender of the illusion that 'I know.' Frequently, the only way one can reach this willingness to change is when one 'hits bottom,' that is, by running out a course of action to its end in the defeat of a futile belief system. Light can't enter a closed box; the upside of catastrophe can be an opening to a higher level of awareness. If life is viewed as a teacher, then it becomes just that. But unless we become humble and transform them into gateways to growth and development, the painful life lessons that we deal ourselves are wasted. . . . And there's nothing the mind believes that isn't erroneous at a higher level of awareness."
    (pg 246-247, Power vs. Force by David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D.)

Opinions
    "Of all the programs, opinions are often highly valued, although when looked at critically, opinions are basically worthless. Every mind has endless opinions on everything, even if it knows nothing at all about the subject. All opinions are vanities with no intrinsic value and are actually the result of ignorance. Opinions are dangerous to their owners because they are emotionally charged triggers for dissent, strife, argument, and positionality. One cannot hold to an opinion and at the same time transcend the opposites. The undoing of opinion is facilitated by humility; when the mind penetrates through its own self-infatuation, it discerns that it is not actually capable of knowing anything in the true sense of what knowing actually means. The mind has only information and imaginations about anything; it cannot actually 'know' because to know is to be that which is known. All else is only speculation and supposition. When the mind is transcended, there is nothing to know because, in reality, the Self is All That Is. There is nothing left out to ask about. That which is complete lacks nothing, and that completion is self-evident in its Allness."

The letting go of all pretensions to knowledge or of knowing about anything is a great relief and is experienced as a tremendous benefit instead of a loss as one feared. One had been, without knowing it, in bondage to the content, and therefore the release from mind is accompanied by a profound sense of peace and absolute security. When this occurs one is finally profoundly home at last, with no doubts remaining. There is nothing more to be gained, nothing which needs to be accomplished or thought. Its finality is absolute, profound, motionless, and still. The endless nuisance of desires and wants and pressure of time have come to a final end and their hollowness stands revealed.

(pgs 104-105, The Eye of the I by David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D.)

Positionality
    As positionality ceases, one becomes aware that it was the source of all prior miseries, fears, and unhappiness and that every positionality is inherently in error. All positions that were held can be forgiven. Because of programming and context, they sounded like a good idea at the time. All such ideas were based on the same erroneous notion that, in some way, they served to propagate the survival of a separate, independent ego/self identity. Actually, when it disappears, no loss is possible nor is gain necessary. It was illusion itself that was the actual cause of endless pain and suffering.

By its very nature, structure, and qualities, the false ego/self is not capable of realizing peace or true happiness. At best, it experiences pleasure which is based on conditions whose loss brings about grief and the return of unhappiness. In the end, it will be found that the sacrifice of letting go of the mind is actually the greatest gift one can receive. The reward so greatly exceeds any expectations one could have had that it is not explicable. As the ego dissolves and the mind loses its insatiable grip on one's sense of identity, some new fears arise. Without a mind to ensure survival, how will the 'I' survive and life go on? How will the necessities of life be met? Isn't the ego/mind necessary for survival?

All these questions are based on the limitations of the ego/mind's concepts of causality. These in turn are based on the imagined duality that there is a thought-self identity which, by its thoughts and desires, causes things to happen through actions. A 'that' is said to occur as a result of a 'this' in the world.

There is, therefore, an illusory separation between cause and effect, between a separate 'I" and an event in the world caused by this 'I's' plans and ideations. Therefore, if it is believed that if there is no ego/mind's thoughts to cause anything to happen, how will survival be supported? This is the source of much fear, insecurity, and raging anger when obstructions to plans appear and threaten this imaginary survival mechanism.

In serious spiritual work, it is necessary to have a few simple, basic tools which are absolutely dependable and safe to rely on in order to walk through fear and uncertainty. One basic truth that is of inestimable value and usefulness is the dictum that all fear is fallacious and not based on truth. Fear is overcome by walking directly through it until one breaks through into the joy that the fear is blocking. The joy that follows facing any spiritual fear comes from the discovery that it was merely an illusion without basis of reality.

The ego/mind is limited to the Newtonian paradigm of reality and is not capable of really understanding the nature of life itself. In reality, everything occurs of its own, with no exterior cause. Every thing and every event is a manifestation of the totality of All that Is, (INSERT: Merton's quote on God is the only reality) just as it is at any given moment. Once seen in its totality, everything is perfect at all times and nothing needs an external cause to change it in any way. From the viewpoint of the ego's positionality and limited scope, the world seems to need endless fixing and correction. This illusion collapses as a vanity.

In Reality, everything is automatically manifesting the inherent destiny of its essence; it doesn't need any external help to do this. With humility, one can relinquish the ego's self-appointed role as savior of the world and surrender it straight to God. The world that the ego pictures is a projection of its own illusions and arbitrary positionalities. No such world exists.

(pgs 105-107, The Eye of the I by David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D.)

Darren Continues: When you say that you experienced a deep apprehending of spaciousness, beyond mind, beyond body, can I suggest a different interpretation? Can I suggest the feeling of expanded awareness that brings with it a feeling of complete inseparable oneness with everything (which also manifests as a feeling of spaciousness, and/or a feeling that nothing is far from your grasp) is most definitely beyond body, but is not beyond mind - unless you associate the mind as being nothing more than an aspect of the physical brain. You are Mind. Mind is Consciousness. Your Soul is your Consciousness. Your Soul is your Mind. The timeless, ageless you that existed before human birth and will continue to exist after your human death is your Mind, your Consciousness, your Soul.

Keith’s Insert:
    Consciousness is the one and only reality, in evolution, in expansion. Consciousness operates in and through the three co-existent “essences” of: RECEPTIVITY, or Presence of LOVE; CONDUCTIVITY, or Potentiality of TRUTH; and FREQUENCY, or Impetus of Being of Life and LIGHT. These three “essences” are manifesting and experienced here on earth in the three co-existent “forms” of: TIME, SPACE, and MOTION.

These three, i.e., the "essences" of: RECEPTIVITY, CONDUCTIVITY, & FREQUENCY AND their associated "forms" of: TIME, SPACE, & MOTION, are co-existents of consciousness, but only co-existents. Consciousness is the reality. It is. It is the power, the impetus, the thing[/no-thing] that is, the Being. The co-existents of consciousness are what consciousness “operates” in. Consciousness is in motion; all the time. The co-existents are not attributes, but various juxtapositions of them make various kinds of attributes.

(written in this form by Keith Jensen after waking up one morning and finally “getting” what was written in the book The Unobstructed Universe)

Darren Continues: To experience any form of anything is the experience of Consciousness, the experience of Mind. Mind transcends the body but if you are to transcend Mind I can only consider this would mean that you have ceased to be. How can one experience 'awareness' without consciousness? How can one have consciousness without Mind? Mind without Consciousness is nothing, for they are one in the same thing. Both find their foundation in curiosity, and as long as you are experiencing anything, you have curiosity at the seed of your awareness and thus you have the very thing that constitutes the nature of your existence. Without this, there is no means through which to be aware.

Another term used to describe the Universal Mind or God is the 'One Mind'. The Universe is of Mind, and all that exists within it is of and through Mind. It is Mind that imagines it, and Mind that draws it all together. It is Mind that experiences it, and Mind that perpetuates it. One can no more leave their own Mind behind than God could leave God Consciousness behind.

Having an experience that transcends the body involves an expansion of your Mind. An experience of pure awareness means to harmonize your Mind, your Consciousness, into a unified field with the nature of Source Consciousness. To be 'one' with everything means to sync your Mind with the Mind that gives rise to and permeates all that surrounds you. The 'aha' moment you refer to is a moment of pure awareness of Mind, not a moment of awareness beyond Mind. I think confusion arises when such an experience occurs, because many people so closely associate themselves to their Human Mind (the Temporal Mind) that they feel they have transcended Mind when they enter a state of truthful harmony. Instead, they have stepped aside of their Temporal Mind and are now more closely associated to their Celestial Mind, through which they can experience a state of pure oneness with that from which the Celestial Mind springs (the Universal).

Again, I know it can seem like a hang up on words, but I feel the quest for expanded consciousness begins with a clarity of understanding, so I only write this post to help with that. I genuinely hope it does but whatever the case, it's awesome to read that you are having this kind of expansive experience - for it is the experience that matters most.

New Post by Darren: . . . My views on the nature of consciousness are a little different than anyone else I've seen, including that of Michael Rowland. Apart from my own book I don't think anyone presents consciousness as I do (I could be wrong, its a big shared world!). Here is the main difference. The majority of spiritual teachers all propose that we are not individuals, that we are expressions of the Source and that when we die, our individuality is lost and we simply merge back with the Source, to be One Mind. Usually this is paralleled to an individual droplet of water merging back with the ocean and thereby losing its individuality.

In the first decade of my experiences, I also subscribed to this idea - it seemed reasonable to me and considering it was this idea that had opened my mind to many of my experiences, it sort of seemed wrong to consider otherwise. Problem was, it didn't seem to fit with all of my experiences and didn't resonate with my intuition (which is a message of in-the-moment awareness or truth). I struggled to reconcile this at first, thinking that it must have been my human self striving to preserve its individuality (after all, most teachers will tell you that it is your ego that wants you to believe you are an individual, and so on). I then had a number of experiences that expanded my awareness to a realization of individuality beyond the human body whilst still retaining a kind of oneness with Source.

Keith’s Insert:
    Ole Brother Mutters, he lay up there on his ledge all tousled to pieces, yammering and moaning and panting out, “Oh my soul! It’s lost! It’s lost!” and peeking down over the edge at all that swirl of music and dancing down below, like he was looking to see where his soul had done went. The hands and critters what was dancing, they got pretty night tickled to death over the old feller and his soul, and ‘fore they hardly knowed it, they was all dancing out a game acting like they was hunting for the preacher’s soul. They made up a little song, “Has anybody seen Brother Mutters’s soul?” It went off real nice to the tune of “Has anybody here seen Kelly?” ‘Course Tony Beaver, he had to start the thing. Him and his little buddy walzed over to Big Henry and his haystack, splashing the music up every which away as they come, and bows and sings out, “Has anybody seen Brother Mutters’s soul?” Big Henry and his partner, they danced it on to that string of little young squirrels, Big Henry he bowed to the squirrels, and the hayrick she bobbed a courtesy to ‘em, and both together they sings, “Has anybody seen Brother Mutters’s soul?” The squirrels they jerked they tails and frisked and barked it out all up and down the line, ‘til d’rectly the whole shooting match, hands and critters, trees, rocks, and varmints, was all doing the ladies’ chain to the tune of “Has anybody seen Brother Mutters’s soul?” all of ‘em skipping and laffing fit to bust they heads off. It sure was scan’lous, but it’s the truth when the big music is dancing you around, the thing that’ll tickle you most is to have anybody think they kin lose they souls.

(As found in the American folktale “Big Music” by Margaret Prescott Montague )

Keith’s Insert:

In the same way that Jesus Christ continued, or evolved, from grace to grace until he received a fullness and filled the measure of his creation, we too can evolve in like manner. For “every experience which is a manner of action by free will, however slight, is drawn from that part of the cosmos which comprises the Not-done, and transferred into that part of the cosmos which comprises the Thing-done. The latter is, in the realest sense possible, a portion of the individual entity, and will forever remain so. (With Folded Wings, p. 33) “[W]hatever is done, whether in the physical world, in human relations, in the substance of thought, or spiritual contact—whatever is done with love endures. All else is consumed in the eventual transformation. . . ‘[T]hings done heartily’—these alone have a complete and ultimate influence in the accretion and the fashioning of the spirit entity.” (With Folded Wings, p. 50) The modalities of awakened [or conscious] doing are ACCEPTANCE, ENJOYMENT, and ENTHUSIASM. Each one represents a certain vibrational frequency of consciousness. (A New Earth, p. 295) The course of personal development, then, is a constant transferal [by means of these three modalities] from that which is outside in experience, permanently to that which is--not inside, but [literally] ourselves." (With Folded Wings, p. 33)

(Arranged and organized in this excerpt by Keith Jensen)

Darren Continues: When you have these experiences you know rather than think what is occurring, and so it was hard to deny them. I also couldn't reconcile the information of all the cases of NDE's (Near Death Experiences)' and in-between lives regression therapies (such as those conducted by Michael Newton). For individuality not to exist in a Celestial, after human sense, all of these cases - of which there are hundreds of thousands - would all have to be wrong. That didn't sit right either. I also found that many people all over the world also found it difficult to reconcile the idea of not having their own soul after death, of not being something more in their own right. It is true this could be their human persona overriding truth, but I saw this occur so many times that I found it hard to fathom this would be the case for everyone - surely some were speaking from intuition rather than reason I found myself asking. I also wondered another question, which was if the Universe is time bound, and God Consciousness is timeless, then everything that could ever be experienced in the Universe already has been to that God Consciousness. Even if all potentialities are possible, all possibilities are bound by time and since God Consciousness is not, all time bound experiences are already a part of that same God Consciousness. In consideration of this, I wondered what would be the point of continued incarnation? There were many other experiences and reasonings that I had to doubt the notion that there is no individuality beyond death.

For years I kept my attention on this question of individuality, thinking I would never know for sure until I was in fact dead, and then one day and one night the answer came to me during a moment of pure connected awareness. One afternoon I had a moment where the spectrum of mind became clear to me, and the understanding of our Celestial nature also became clear in what I suppose others would call an 'aha' moment. I literally felt myself become lighter at this time - a definite moment of enbrightenment. As part of the moment, I also became aware of the nature of dreams, and it was this awareness that later provided the icing on my cake of realization. I realized that dreams were the Temporal Mind turning its attention to the Morphic Mind, in a kind of mind-merge, and that dreaming is merely the Temporal Mind and Morphic Mind's sharing mindspace in a moment of exploration of the Morphic Field of information. Incidentally, this is also why dreams are difficult to remember - because the memory of them is fragmented between the two aspects of your consciousness - the Temporal and Morphic Minds. This is the same reason why sometimes you can remember a dream in vivid detail, and why other times you know you had a dream of some nature, but can't remember a thing about it. With this awareness - that the dreamstate is basically an exploration of a field of information (the Morphic Field) - I was instantly able to take control of my dreams in a way I had never done before. I would argue that If my understanding had been incorrect, I would not have been able to take this control. The next morning I woke up and started typing information on how the mind really works, from the Human Mind (Temporal Mind) right through to the Universal Mind as it if had been as clear as day all the time. And I suppose it had been.

Since then, I've tested my understanding of how our Mind works against every conceivable angle. If my understanding can be applied to any relative question at anytime then it will continue to hold as being truthful. If in time I find something relative that it doesn't gel with, then I am open to changing or modifying it in line with a new understanding and awareness. I have also been able to apply it to the process of creative attraction everyone calls The Law of Attraction. The result is my entire life is lived around this principle, and it unfolds consistently in my life. In turn, I've been able to discern between what is real in the Law of Attraction process and what is not, or rather what is misrepresentation/misinterpretation - through practical application rather than theory. My interest resides in the truth, I can never be dogmatic for that would be to stunt the growth of my own consciousness. It is better to embrace being wrong for only then can you move closer to truth and thus harmonize with the true nature of everything. Pure honesty and pure openness is what matters, for truth is all that matters, everything else is a distraction. (I might add that the greatest truth of all is Love). So far, however, my life has become a product of this awareness, it seems to be able to explain a great deal about the things I'm confronted with, and most of all, I have to say my life right now is as perfect as it could be right now according to my own definition - so in a practical sense it also works. Further, it has contributed to increased moments of connection, enabled me to overcome all fear, and catapulted my affinity with all life into a realm of mutual respect and pureness. As far as I can see at least in the now, my understanding seems to be the truth of the matter. My soul-mate also finds it so, and also applies the same understanding and awareness to her life. If I'm misguided, its a very pleasurable and awakening mistake.

Oh yes, you mention your question is one of curiosity rather than skepticism. I much prefer questions that arise from curiosity for they are necessarily more in tune with our true nature, but you know, whichever road leads to good questions, so long as your mind stays open to the possibilities the answers may bring, then I'm good either way

Keith’s Insert: For those of you who have taken the time to read through this “long post” and who have had your curiosity piqued as to what Darren is talking about when he refers to terms such as: Universal Mind, Celestial Mind, Morphic Mind, and Temporal Mind, I suggest that you might want to take a look at his book “The Realization System.” The Realization System We are so blessed in this day and age to have so many tools—like LifeFlow Meditation—and fellow teachers to assist as each on our individualized journeys. In my opinion and experience, the insights Darren has discovered and written about in his book The Realization System offer some really “practical” and “sensible” ways to put the “law of attraction” to beneficial effect in one's life.

Thanks for your presence as I shared and “felt” my way through some of my experiences. –Keith :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  11. D. James Albert

D. James Albert Member

Thankyou Keith! Amazing post and appreciated beyond words. :)

Talk about synchronicity. I only just watched the movie 'Eddington and Einstein', and so this particular sentence popped out at me:

"The ego/mind is limited to the Newtonian paradigm of reality and is not capable of really understanding the nature of life itself."

If you get a chance to watch the movie (starring David Tenant as Eddington and Andy Serkis as Einstein) I recommend it for it offers a great portrayal of the 'Newtonian paradigm' and the quest for truth in the face of dogmatic belief.

A good trailer can be seen here, with the statement at the end summing it up:
    YouTube - David Tennant - Einstein & Eddington - New Trailer

12. chris063

chris063 Member

Keith, thank you for sharing that wonderful and inspiring post, full of so many gems of real wisdom :)

Two paragraphs jumped out at me:

The letting go of all pretensions to knowledge or of knowing about anything is a great relief and is experienced as a tremendous benefit instead of a loss as one feared. One had been, without knowing it, in bondage to the content, and therefore the release from mind is accompanied by a profound sense of peace and absolute security. When this occurs one is finally profoundly home at last, with no doubts remaining. There is nothing more to be gained, nothing which needs to be accomplished or thought. Its finality is absolute, profound, motionless, and still. The endless nuisance of desires and wants and pressure of time have come to a final end and their hollowness stands revealed.
    (pgs 104-105, The Eye of the I by David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D.)

In serious spiritual work, it is necessary to have a few simple, basic tools which are absolutely dependable and safe to rely on in order to walk through fear and uncertainty. One basic truth that is of inestimable value and usefulness is the dictum that all fear is fallacious and not based on truth. Fear is overcome by walking directly through it until one breaks through into the joy that the fear is blocking. The joy that follows facing any spiritual fear comes from the discovery that it was merely an illusion without basis of reality.

I felt an immense sense of relief and 'uplift' simply by reading these wonderful quotes, THANK YOU!!!!

13. Edwin

Edwin Member

Reading the post of Darren with keiths inserts makes me feel as if we are all sitting in a circle, in one of the most inspiring conversations I have ever whitnessed.

I wish we could do this for real one day. Not just meeting for real, but having a group conversation like this. I am pretty sure it will be mind-boggling.

We could one day try this through programs like Skype, or Teamspeak, all free conversation types through the internet. Just getting a decent time for all people all over the globe might be a prob ;)

I would like to get back to an earlyer remark by Darren, how he has experienced many, as he calls it himself " enbrightning experiences".
    I oftan feel I am at the point where this might happen to me for the first time, but it feels as if I am holding back, as if I am a bit scared or something...
    Did you have this too Darren ? Or did it just happen to you ? My guess is that once you have had an enbrightning experience, it would become a lot easyer to have another one.
    Can you describe what "worked" for you ?

14. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Edwin,
    Key words being "it will be"

it is always fear which holds us from realizing our true nature.

gus

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  15. D. James Albert

D. James Albert Member

Sounds like fear is what you need to overcome. As Gus said:

Ultimately fear manifests as every destructive expression you can name, such as worry, anxiety, doubt, hate, and so forth. But, in the end, all fear can be traced back to one thing: fear of death. Overcome this, and all other fear loses its foundation. I have absolutely no fear of anything. How I overcame fear is a long story, and in the interests of not writing lengthy essays I won't go into it. In a nutshell however, I overcame fear by facing my fears and, in particular, by facing my fear of death. Until you face your fear and find your way beyond it, moments of realization will be few and far between - if at all.

Also, yes, the more you have these kinds of experiences the easier it is to have another one. I have found that the first few don't last long because you tend to realize you are having them almost instantly, and the moment you realize it you tend to snap back to 'reality' for want of a better way to describe it. People who have DMT experiences talk of beings who state, "Don't give into astonishment." This is more or less what happens when you first have such experiences - awareness gets interrupted by thinking about what you are experiencing. But, the more you have them, the less astonished you become, and the deeper the awareness experience becomes.

I can offer a suggestion. It helps to have an experience that reinforces your faith and conviction in your mind being something apart from your body, that you can transmit/receive thoughts, that we really are in a playground of shared consciousness, and that you can attract experiences into your life. With one confirmed experience of this nature, doubt gets washed away and it becomes a lot easier. When many people are first introduced to concepts such as consciousness or attraction, they tend to go for the big things - you know, I'll manifest a new car or I'll manifest a million dollars etc. But, it is best to go for something small and something easy, but something that if you can attract it into your life, you will be convinced beyond doubt that it wasn't a coincidence, and that it proves the notion of mind beyond body. The smallest and easiest thing is to attract an experience rather than an object (as manifestation of an object is more complex than manifestation of a non-objectified experience). Make the experience as simple as possible. Make it purely thought based, so that you take no physical action other than that which supports your thoughts. This way, if and when the experience occurs, you know categorically and beyond doubt your mind brought it to you. And, the experience you choose must be something that, if it occurred any time soon, you would say that beyond doubt it was not a coincidence.

A good idea is to choose being contacted by a particular person. Pick a person who would not normally contact you, a person whom you would not expect to contact you, or a person whom if they did contact you, it would be completely out of the ordinary and you would know in your heart that it was no coincidence. Choose someone that you can muster up good memories of - even if you are presently not friends, so long as you have good memories, for it is best to utilize a range of constructive rather destructive thoughts to aid you. You intention is simple: you want this person to contact you. Now, find as many things to help you isolate your attention upon this person: photo's, letters from them, gifts they've given you - anything that can remind you of them and particularly anything that will remind you of the good times with them. If the letters are email based or the photo's are PC based, print them out as the PC will be too much of a distraction. Collect these things, then go and sit on your bed in your room alone. Allow no distractions, no TV noise in the background, no one talking in the background etc - you want complete and utter isolation for your attention and the person who will be the object of your attention. Now, about an hour is good - spend the entire hour paying attention to the photo's, reading the letters written by this person (only good ones, nothing to make you upset or angry!). Study their face entirely in the photograph, cast your mind back to times you spent with this person where you enjoyed their company. Think constructively of this person. For an entire hour, do nothing but keep your mind on everything you like about this person, every positive experience you've had with this person, on all the good thoughts about this person you have. Read letters over and over, focus on their image in the photo's, and keep doing it. You don't need to 'will' them to call you. Your intention at the outset for them to contact you is enough, you do not need to think of that during this process. You just need to fill your mind with thoughts and images of this person that make you feel happy. If you don't smile many times during this process, you are not allowing yourself to imagine the good times vividly enough, or thinking constructively enough about the 'good' this person makes you feel, or remembering well enough the good times etc. You should, by the end of this process, feel good! After an hour or so, you can stop.

The idea is to harmonize your thoughts with the person whom you wish to contact you 'out of the blue'. If they do not immediatley contact you (and do not expect this, do not put a timeframe on it), then the next night repeat the process. In fact, you can repeat this process as many times day or not that you wish. I find once per day is enough though. This process always works unless two things are true: 1) You are not performing the process with enough isolated fixation and with enough constructive thought, or 2) the person whom you are trying to harmonize your thoughts with is not receptive by nature of their own circumstances. Generally I find if you pick someone with enough material to help you isolate your attention and you do so without distraction, the first issue is rarely a problem. The latter can be a problem sometimes, and so if after a couple of weeks to a month you're finding no response, change tact by choosing a different person (always one that if they contact you, it would blow your mind). In my experience, the need to switch to someone different is rare. Most people tend to get results quite quickly.

Intend them to contact you. Isolate your attention on them. Expect their contact in whichever way it comes. But because you chose someone who you think it would not be a coincidence if they do contact you, when they do you'll have your first real and definite experience of using your mind to attract something. When you do this, doubt is eradicated about the relationship between mind and body. Fear of death becomes weaker because you also learn at the same time that your mind goes beyond your body, and death is merely the end of the body. Death is a transition moment of the mind, it is not a finality of it. Expand your experience of things beyond the body, and you take great steps towards overcoming fear related issues that are isolated to the body.

16. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thank you Gus and Darren !

It almost always takes someone else to notice the obvious it seems.
    Maybe because I am standing so close to it I can't recognise it.

When Gus said it was fear, I immediately felt feelings of resisting, so it must be true. Indeed, about a year ago I have been struggling with the concept of death quite strongly. I have come to peace with that fear, but I haven't overcome it I guess. It still is a sore spot so to speak.
    I guess I have my work cut out for me :) I will try the visualisation experiment you gave me Darren ! In a way, it reminds me of the book " The Celestine Prophecy " which I read about 15 years ago. This book first put me on the path of self discovery that I am on today.

I do know that I have had these momentary realisations you describe, and I think "don't give in to astonishment" is a wonderfull way to describe what happens when I reach it. I know during what exercise I have these moments, and I can reproduce these moments, but I couldn't hold on to them. Now I know that this is the right path, I just have to reproduce it so much that I will get used to the feeling and won't destroy it with thought again immediately.

Thanks again guys !

17. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I have to second that statement of Darrens about giving into astonishment. As soon as one "thinks", "a-hah I'm there!" You're not!

gus

18. Edwin

Edwin Member

I too have noticed that life seems to work that way ;)

How are you doing yourself Gus ? Any improvement lately ?

19. ian0204

ian0204 Member

hi Edwin. If you dont mind,what excersises do you do to experience these feelings.all the best ian

20. ian0204

ian0204 Member

Hi Darren I was wondering if you could recommend a book to me that would get me started on my journey to "enbrightenment". I intend on getting your book after Christmas.Could you please recommend something that would not be too hard a read.Thank you for all you interesting posts.I must admit I usually have to read the lines a couple of times but find them interesting. Thank you and Merry Christmas and all the best at the holiday.....peace..Ian