1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

The secret to the Law of Attraction

Discussion in 'The Law Of Attraction' started by pollyanna, Jan 30, 2008.

1. filly33

filly33 Member

I know!! It truly is an amazing phenomenon. Cheers.

What I love is that the moments of peace are getting longer and happening more frequently. And I've only just begun meditation and experiencing egolessness. I know what you mean, once I experienced peace it was like everything I needed was right there in front of me. It's a glorious feeling. And the thing is...everything I do need is right here. Ahh great stuff, this is making me happy just typing it. I have been trying to find happiness in material things lately. Focusing on peace is a great idea, thank you.

You are so right Edwin, thank you. I realize now that I should have said "stop reacting to thought" rather than "stop thinking", but your reply speaks complete truth. In the midst of trying to find myself and this thoughtless state I directed myself to a video by Sri Bhagavan that I felt best described the "thoughtless" state. He says that thoughts are there, that is a fact, and there is nothing we can do. He says if you allow those thoughts to pass and not react to them, like you said, then the healing can begin. I have found that by accepting myself and accepting my thoughts, no matter what they are, that I have begun to transform the way I have been thinking. I guess my ego was attacking me. I would think something I didn’t want think and then run away from it, so my ego would pursue that. Once I starting looking at my thoughts and stopped reacting to them, I stopped feeding the ego. Now those thoughts never come. I'm not sure I believe in a thoughtless state. Although I have experienced a state of not reacting to my thoughts, and this almost seems thoughtless. Acceptance was the hardest thing that I had to do, but it was the most important. I understand what you mean by feeling the good things now. When I replied to this it was a spur of the moment thought I had after reading only a few paragraphs from the LOA secret. Once I read the entire thing it was cleared up.

Thanks both for your replies. If the thoughtless state exists then I can't wait to join you guys there.

Mitch.

2. filly33

filly33 Member

Thank you. I just missed your reply when I wrote my other one.

As you can see we are both breathing on fairly similar grounds. I would love to do the same as you, emanate pure love out to the world and everything and everyone I meet. It is difficult, however, but it is a path I am finding myself taking since breaking though the acceptance phase. I definitely still have negative tendencies too, but I found that through observation they can easily be turned into a positive one. That’s true about not mentioning it to people around you, great advice.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Cheers.

3. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Edwin made a very good point in stating the relevance of ones thoughts and ones relationship to them. Those thoughts become powerless when we deem them to have no power over us.
    As Bhavya said, our thoughts eventually become laughable as we realize the above statement. At the same time one can learn much about oneself by objectively observing these thoughts and being brutally honest about their nature and importance in ones life. So they can serve a purpose of sorts . . .I believe. I think If we can learn not to take ourselves too seriously in all of this, it helps too. I find myself laughing at some of the thoughts as well.

Excellent stuff Edwin & Bhavya!

Thanks for bring it up Mitch,

gus

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

I have noticed that it is impossible to stop thinking in order to reach the stillness within.
    Strangely enough, it is however possible to stop thinking once you are in the stillness within.

The stillness seems to radiate out of that deep feeling of peace and being content. It's hard to explain, as I try to translate the feeling to words it all becomes meaningless, but hopefully I can bring it across.

Reaching the stillness within you is actually quite easy. All you have to do is meditate twice a day. Keep doing this for at least 6-12 months, and you will see that you have "trained" yourself to be able to feel peacefull and at ease when you want to. During these meditations you will have short moments of complete one-ness with the Universe, and just thinking about that feeling can bring it back, especially on the moments you need it most.

Sometimes a word or "label" will come up during that stillness, oftan a reaction to the world around you that you are moving through at that time ( things like a woodpecker flying by that seems to trigger the word "bird" in your mind ) but it becomes easyer and easyer to recognise it as nothing more than what it is, and it will pass by. The moments in between these words will get longer and longer, and the feeling of being one with the universe and being in complete peace with yourself will grow deeper. It's like being in love without the hormones racing through you, just the pleasant part of love without the negative reactions in your mind.

I hope you will reach this soon :)

5. filly33

filly33 Member

This all sounds great! Thanks everyone. Good chat:).

6. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Edwin you've done about as good a job describing this as any. I've made feeble attempts to do it but nearly always fall short and delete what I've typed.
    In the book, "Midfulness:In Plain English" the author, Gunaratana, states over and over again that "This awareness cannot be described adequately. Words are not enough. It can only be experienced."
    He goes on to try to explain the coming relationship with the breath as one uses it to practice meditation.
    Again I quote from the above book, "Breath ceases to be just breath; it is no longer limited to the static and familiar concept you once held. . . Breath becomes a living, changing process, something alive and facinating."

The only thing I can say about this is that within awareness,each breath becomes a Universe unto itself and in that thoughtless moment the mind contains it all in splendor.

gus

7. filly33

filly33 Member

I understand what you are saying, but if I am to be brutally honest about the nature of my thoughts and the importance of them, am I not giving into what is past and what is to come instead of living in the present moment? I find that by putting my thoughts into their place that I am just whitewashing the fact that I'm still being controlled by them. My ego gets the chance to say “ohhh, so that I why I am thinking this.” By putting them into their place am I accepting them as a part of me, thus, in the future, I can observe those thoughts without judgment? Does looking at them eventually lead to the pure acceptance that I still seek? Am I reacting to a thought right now thus triggering this reply?

Right now I am following a teaching of Paramahamsa Nithyananda:

YouTube - Present Moment - Keys to Enlightenment Part 1
    YouTube - Present Moment - Key to Enlightenment - Part 2

These videos are quite good. I thought I would share.

Mitch.

8. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

9. filly33

filly33 Member

Thank you so much. That is so elegantly put I feel much happier now. I understand that it will take time, and I plan a future of meditation and hopefully, in the near future, LifeFlow. You are truly a wonderful person, and I have not met many in my lifetime, which is that of only 18 years. I wish you all the luck in finding your way and may we together find true happiness in this life we share. Cheers.

Mitch.

10. Edwin

Edwin Member

True Gus,

I too still consider myself a traveller down the road to enlightenment, even tho my progress this year has been an amazing experience, I very strongly get the feeling I am still only at the beginning !

That doesn't have to stop us from showing those who just started on the same road where the short-cuts are tho ;) I learn as I talk, and some insights have come during the creative process of discussion inhere :)

Mitch, I think you are doing a very good job with the questions you have. If all this would be a matter of faith, we would have transformed Michael Mackenzie into a spiritual leader, and started an online church ( actually, this sounds appealing, especially if they would make me treasurer :p ).
    Feel free to discuss whatever you doubt, it helpes us put things back in perspective as well !

Greets,

Edwin.

11. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Guru Mackenzie . . . Kinda has a ring to it eh Edwin:D
    Where do we send our endowments???:confused:

gus

12. Edwin

Edwin Member

TO ME OF COURSE !!!! :D

13. filly33

filly33 Member

How about the new guy gets a little of that? I need some...motivation.:)

14. Edwin

Edwin Member

;) Haha I'll setup an account :D

15. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there, just been reading this thread and decided to add a little something which hopefully will make some sense - forgive me if it doesn't because sometimes it is not easy to communicate to others what you feel very comfortable with.

33 years ago I had my first child and because I wanted to be an outstanding parent and give my child the best, I read various books on parenting. I had also learned some great stuff from my own parents and basically I took advice from various sources of information and although I was being open minded to listen to other opinions, I also followed my own maternal instincts and disregarded many things I didn't agree with.

Later in life I came accross amazing helpful aids to enable me to fulfill my purpose in life (if you don't know your purpose, don't worry and beat yourself up because most people don't) For about 20 years I have read many books and listened to endless tapes and C.D.s on self improvement. In doing so I walked down a road that took me in a different direction than most of the people I knew at that time and we became incompatible probably. I also strongly believed I was doing the right thing and had somewhat of an ego to say the least as I attempted to help or push my beliefs on people I cared for. The greatest thing I learned through all this was to be as kind and compassionate with myself as I was with others.

Then I discovered the law of attraction or whatever you choose to label it and had to deal with the big issue of greed and certain deep seated belief systems (A lot of which I had been taught through religion) Through this I have come to believe that we all have the choice to create the life we choose to live. All we have to do is create the right thoughts and emotions - and I know that sounds easier said than done, however if I can do this I know anyone can and this is exciting to me.

And then I discovered the daily experience of LifeFlow which has allowed me to recognize my ego and my dreadful painbody. The peace experienced in ignoring the ego and observing and allowing dysfunctional emotions to leave is amazing. This has created such a relief for me and I laugh so often at my own and others.

I truly believe by changing some habits you can change your life and have fun in doing so.

Life is truly an amazing journey and I wish you an abundance of happiness and joy on your journey of self discovery :) :) :)

P.S. I do hope this makes some sense to you ::confused:

16. filly33

filly33 Member

Thanks. That does make sense to me. I'll have to read the LOA again, and hopefully I can save up the money for LifeFlow soon. I use the demo every day.:)

Sorry for the short reply, I'm in a rush. Thanks again.

Mitch

17. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Greetings

Hi Pollyanna,
    I have been gone for the last few days to a conference in Fargo, North Dakota. While there some friends and I took a drive down to South Dakota. It was so wonderful and peaceful to drive through the wide open farm land and prairies. I grew up in the wide open prairies of Montana. There is just something about standing in a sea of prairie grass as the wind sighs in and out and causes the grasses to bend, to sway, to dance that speaks to me on such a deep spiritual level.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I appreciate reading your posts so much. Your willingness to share your insights and the kindness and gentleness you show as you do so, feels to me like the winds I feel as I stand in a sea of prairie grass with a deep blue sky overhead. Thank you for being you and for sharing your presence here. --Keith :)

18. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Keith,
    Sounds like you were in my stomping grounds just recently. I live about 100 miles sounth of Fargo along the I29 corridor. That western South Dakota is good country. I grew up out there; but unless your a jack rabbit or a rattle snake it's tough to make a living out there.

gus

19. Edwin

Edwin Member

Maybe the Jack rabbit might have a different view on it due to the danger of becoming lunch for the rattlesnake ...:p

I have only seen these prairyfields on tv of course, but what I have seen of it is really amazing. I hope to make a trip through the USA once so I can visit these wonderfull places ( and Yellowstone, and the Grand Canyon of course ).

Visiting these places is really important for us meditators !

While watching overwhelming sights of nature, people in general can get this wonderfull feeling of either feeling very small compared to nature, or something that can be described as "feeling one with God" or the Universe or what ever you might want to call it. Usually the feeling lasts from a blink of an eye to a few seconds, after that your mind tries to box, label and store the feeling, and covers up that stream of joy with thoughts of how beautifull it is, quite a paradox isn't it ?

These short blissfull states are actually very short moments of enlightenment.

Imagine, feeling like that for the rest of your life without pauses !

That is where meditation can bring us, the "goal we are trying to avoid" I like to call it, as it is commonly known that if you start chasing enlightenment, it will never come, if you don't chase it, it will.

Thanks for sharing Keith and Gus :)

20. chris063

chris063 Member

Hi again Pollyanna, I'm right there with Keith in appreciating your wonderful and insightful posts. I feel like I am following in your footsteps to some extent, always trying to adapt to the 'next stage'.

I've just ordered Lifeflow because I badly need help with some things I am really struggling to overcome, and after reading your post I think I can safely say that as you found, it is my ego, painbody and dysfunctional feelings which I know I have to learn to let go of.

And I agree so wholeheartedly that we are all on an amazing journey here! Love and joy to you all as always. :)