1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

The secret to the Law of Attraction

Discussion in 'The Law Of Attraction' started by pollyanna, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Hirinaki

Hirinaki Member

Pollyanna, I wanted to thank you too and to let you know how grateful I am to you. What you write is very inspiring and encouraging. Happiness and serenity come out of your words! I downloaded the LOA script a few weeks ago and actually watched the document last night which I really liked. I felt so positive today. I hope it's gonna last! I'm going through a phase where I really want things to move on but feel blocked for some reason. The document allowed me to realise that I really need to focus on things that I want, and not that I don't want.

A little anecdote: I don't know if it has anything to do with the Law of Attraction, but a few weeks ago, I was very excited to meet my colleague at work as usual on Tuesday for lunch and to let him know about this fantastic stuff I was reading. I had read a few lines of the LOA the night before. He smiled and took out of his pocket a stone which he explained to me that it reminded him to be grateful to something each time that he touches it. On the week-end, a friend of him had lent him the DVD! We had never spoken about the fact that I had downloaded this doc and he had never heard about the Secret. That was very surprising for me!

Thanks again! And thanks Michael for this wonderful website!

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Enchante Hirinaki and thankyou for your very kind message. :)
    It seems you and your friend have much in common. It's a great idea to carry a gratitude stone around with you - it's so easy for us to take so many wonderful things for granted, don't you think? I'm so pleased you're enjoying the script and the movie. ;) I'm sure you'll carry on feeling positive and good. I was going to watch "The Secret" once again last night with my daughter but unfortunately got carried away with work. Anyway we've re-scheduled for this evening.
    Maybe this tip that I heard many years ago may help you:- Whenever you're feeling down or not really happy, will probably be the time you least want to read a good self help book or watch "The Secret" etc, but I've found this is the time to push yourself to do so. It works well for me. :)
    One more thing :confused: hope I don't sound like I'm preaching :eek: If you can imagine a big circle and the bottom two thirds are filled with muddy water which is the sub-conscious and negative thoughts and emotions. Then imagine positive thoughts, feelings of gratitude and reading good stuff as putting layers of cling film over the muddy water - which leaves the top third, (the conscious mind) full of good stuff. When the layers of cling film are thin because there are only a few layers, they can easily be penetrated by negative comments and critisisms etc. However when you consistantly read or watch a little good stuff (as little as ten minutes a day) the layers gradually and over time become so thick that they become inpenetrable. (The big screen where you watch the sharks and other fish in blue planet aquariums are made of many, many layers of cling film. Meditation will allow you to release any stress and supressed emotions and you will develop better focus and clarity for what you truly want in life. I wish you happiness and joy on your journey of self discovery :) :) :)

3. Hirinaki

Hirinaki Member

Merci Pollyanna!:) I appreciate.

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Thankyou Grace, you touch my heart and make me feel very humble. Meditation will definately help you and I hope you do the gratitude exercise daily. It will bring much happiness to your life. I have never been happier than I am right now but it wasn't always like that. I used to be painfully shy, lacked so much confidence and so much more. I believe the greatest love of all is to love yourself and I want you to learn to love the very special person you are Grace. Maybe when you are listening to the music for the gratitude exercise you can imagine going back to where you used to live when you were little. Remember a time when you were happy. Visualise the door of your home and see the little girl you were, coming out. Then walk over to her, bend down and give her a great big hug and tell her how much you truly love her. Look into her eyes and feel the love you feel for her. Tell her that you have come back to let her know that although there will be some struggles to overcome, you know how special and strong she is and her future is going to be wonderful. Then smile and tell her you'll come back again and again to see her. I wish you a life filled with love and happiness Grace. You deserve it. Happiness and joy to you :) :) :)

5. Kaizen

Kaizen Member

Small contribution

I have really enjoyed the LOA discussions. One thing I have realised is that you must be clear and willing to receive what you wish to attract. If for example you are miserable and living in a scarcity mindset, it will be near impossible to attract riches into your life. From my studies and personal experience it is important to be clear about why you want something and do some inner work to clear yourself to be willing and able to receive. Perhaps this is where meditation can help? :rolleyes:

6. HEX

HEX Member

Great!!
    I now have a little secret in the mail;)

7. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Member

hi Hex
    My little secret arrived yesterday and i watched it last pm. It is informative, enjoy x:)

8. HEX

HEX Member

I'm really looking forward to it!:D

9. gayla

gayla Member

The Secret

Hi Pollyanna! You are my super-shero. I have watched The Secret about 10 times now and have been doing online lessons from many of the people presented in the video.

You are such an inspiration to me--your house and pool looks very similar to my vision folders that I have created. People look very strangely at me when I tell them about my new life and they don't believe me either. That's ok though, because you are a testimony to what I know is going to happen for me as well.

The issue that I have right now is that I still battle with the knowing how this is all going to happen and everday try to figure out what I need to do to make it happen. I am a songwriter and my dream is that I will become very wealthy doing that--I actually am teaching English as a second language in China. But, these days I call myself a successful super-songwriter who has acheived great wealth. I guess that's why people look at me in a funny way.

However, I continue to believe and knowing that you have acheived your dreams gives me great hope for the future.

Bless you Pollyanna and all that you have done and will continue to do.

Gayla--Super Songwriter;)

10. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Gayla, I feel very humbled by your wonderful words. As well as watching the Secret, I have read many books, some I have gained a little from, some a lot, but "Think and grow rich" by Napoleon Hill is the book that blew my mind. For the first time in my life, after years of soul searching (but not sure what I was searching for) it was like a switch went on in my heart and mind. I had always believed successful people were cleverer than me or had some special gift. But not anymore. It was the dawning of a dream, of a better way to live. Then for a long time I road a roller coaster of excited, depressed, excited, depressed. But I had a dream of a better life for my children so I walked the road less travelled. Sometimes it was so hard and lonely because nobody really believed me. Somewhere on that road I wished for a little while that I could go back to my ignorance of not knowing what I had learned. Then I walked on (Like the Liverpool song) with hope in my heart because I realized that "once a man's mind has been expanded by a dream - there's no turning back" My children have seen me create a beautiful picture of a wonderful life and work hard to achieve it. They also know that it was my deep love for them that was my driving force. I wanted to work from home so I could be there for my children and not have a boss. If you have a burning desire, absolute determination and an unwavering belief that you will achieve something, if you imagine it in your mind daily and act on your intuition I believe you will bring it into reality. Never give up. I wish you happiness and joy on your journey :) :) :)

11. grace

grace Member

thank you pollyanna

thanks so much pollyanna...i could feel love and deep sincerity coming from you...i'm glad to inform you too that after reading the The Secret which i have downloaded from your post, i have instantly love what was written on it...
    I did some research about the book and found a downloadable file (in djvu format) but i wasn't contented and i told myself i have to HAVE that book, physically. then last saturday, whch is a day before my birthday, my brother had told me that he found a book similar to what i was reading from my computer..and aha, 'the secret' really works haha..i was just so happy that my abrupt action was to buy it..and now i have it..wasn't it a perfect gift for myself? ;-)

i know this book could help me, though little by little, since i understand i couldn't get perfect result in an overnight basis...thanks so much for leading me to this..can't say anything more but a big thanks coming from my heart

with love,
    grace:)

12. neilcamp

neilcamp Member

Hi Pmaia. I really do think that your interpretation of the word 'rich' is rather narrow. To me, 'rich' includes aspects like good health, good relationships, high self esteem, happiness, joy, giving, receiving, a great feeling of well-being and only lastly money - lastly, because if you only have money, and not the other blessings in life, your life will surely be miserable and you won't be 'rich' no matter how much money you have.

13. Eugenie

Eugenie New Member

I'm perplexed

What Pollyanna wrote about The Secret inspired me to click on the 'the secret' links in her text. Each time I did that I got to Ebay. Where have I gone wrong?

14. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Eugenie, you need to click on the attachment at the bottom of the post which will open the document for you to read or copy. The other links within the post will probably have been placed there to help people find the dvd if they want. You can often find products at a more affordable price on ebay. Hope this helps. I wish you happiness and joy :) :) :)

15. NYCSIMON

NYCSIMON Member

I had never seen The Secret nor had it been produced in the year 2003, NEVERTHELESS, I began realizing that the Ol' Gravitational Constant I had learned about back in Accelerated High School Physics, actually had a validity or effect to people as well (not just celestial bodies)when applied to real events across time; And it was particularly noticeable when you apply a FLANGING sound energy on it´s next akin energy of the same frequency, expressed in photons, hence light- or the human body. When these two meet- it magnifies, accelerates or enhances the Gravitational characteristics of human psyche or human thought as our thoughts also are made up of matter, thought at the microcosmic scale. As above, so below. All matter is subjected to this Gravitational Law, no matter how large or small the matter is.

At first I dwelled on the idea and tried to understand it, yet my teachers were inept to further explain it from the microcosm level. Their minds were limited to understanding only the application as it related to planets the way the scientific community of those days relayed the information. I questioned if it also related to particles of human matter, but it just made their heads spin in bewilderment.

After years of experience I noticed that such a law effects human behavior too. Ever since I realized that (by experience and scientific understanding), I´ve tried to explain it to people, and I took to the pen and began writing about it and sharing it with friends. By the time the Secret and What the Bleep... came out, I was relieved that such an incredible undertaking- to show the rest of the world, was not something I no longer had to do.

If you it doesn´t make sense to someone, it only means that you don´t know enough; and to anyone who falls in this catergory, I encourage you to study physics, wave phenomena, and other related subjects at least to Preengineering College to have more information, or have an experience and it will all make sense.

Until then, to the untrained mind, believing that 500,000 pounds can fly would be difficult if not impossible, yet planes do fly and soar through the skies. The Law of Gravity affects celestial bodies and particles of thought, just alike.

Next you may want to understand the duality of light- particle vs the wave aspect of light- these particles or quanta are intelligent (double slit experiment) and they travel in groups such as a wave because they vibrate. Remember or research the fact that everything alive has a vibratory presence, to help you with this one. Good luck in your search for wisdom and truths.

simon velez

[email protected]

16. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

"The universe is the reflection of man in the mirror of man; . . . The book of the Whole of Space is doing nothing but interpreting you."

Sun'ullah Gaibi, 17th century

Gus

17. filly33

filly33 Member

Great stuff! Thank you so much for typing this out for us.

I'm curious about something however. I've been following some teachings, Eckhart Tolle and the like, and their main focus is that you need to accept things and stop thinking. However I know that thoughts will be there no matter what you do, and that the power to control them comes from recognizing that these thoughts are you, so stop running away from them. So when I have this telling me to think about good things so as to attract them to myself, then I have other things telling me to stop thinking, and accept things as they are, I get confused.

I'm afraid of finding myself attached to an idea like I have been for my entire life. I've found so much happyness from accepting things as they are. Does this make any sense? Any suggestions?

18. Edwin

Edwin Member

Sounds like a typical confusion by thought, not by Self ;)

First of all, you don't have to THINK about good things, you have to FEEL them in order to make the LOA work. FEEL what it is like to allready have it !

Secondly, Eckhart Tolle never told you to stop thinking, he told you to stop thinking USELESS thoughts. Your mind and the gift of thought are one of the best parts of the human mind, and you can use it for whatever cause you see fit.
    The power of Now comes not from not being allowed to think, it comes from allowing yourself to NOT think when it is not needed !
    Our addiction to thought is caused because we can't turn it off at will.

I hope I am making sense :)
    I know for a fact that thoughts can be stopped, as I am getting better at it every day...

Recognising them is only the first step, observing them without judging them is the second.
    These thoughts are not you. They are your ego.
    Your true You is hidden underneath your ego, and your ego is trying to cover this up.

I suggest you re-read the book by Eckhart Tolle, or switch to "the Quiet" by Paul Wilson. The last one really helped me :)

19. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Mitch,
    What you have said makes perfect sense. I think to a greater or lesser extent many of us have wondered the same things.
    Personally I don't try to draw things towards me. I guess I kinda follow the buddhist approach and just try to experience the world around me and remember that I am the creator/co-creator of the universe which I percieve myself to live in. Peace is what I'm after. I find the peace I seek most often when I'm not preoccupied with the things I percieve in the world whether it be thoughts the mind is thinking or material posessions or lack there-of.
    I still work, have a family, friends and many other relationships. Many of the relationships I have today are much more deliberate relationships than they used to be. Some of the relationships I've had in the past are gone now as a result of the direction my life has taken. This is probably the case in most people involved in this forum. Life is always in flux and change is the most constant thing in our lives.

In any event Material things are the last thing that will make me happy; I know that from the deepest of my being. I just can't think of anything in this world that I want other than peace. I know that a regular, constant meditation program will bring me peace. I know this because I've been doing it long enough to experience it from time to time. I also know that true peace can only be experienced in the moment. On those occasions when I can be totally present I am peace. as soon as I "think" I am peaceful, it is gone. That fast. It is an amazing phenomena.

What it amounts to Mitch is you . . . What is it that you want? If you want something bad enough you CAN draw it to you or manifest it in your life.

For me, personally; manifesting anything other than peace puts me on dangerous ground.

gus

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  20. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Hi Mitch
    I want to add something to the responses above. As Edwin said, your thoughts aren't you - they are only a part of you, your ego. Still, we know that thoughts are creative which means that when our minds are full of negative reactions to what is, we are affecting what comes to us. What a problem and what to do!

I know from experience that resisting a negative thought or reaction can make it stronger so as Basmaki (Gus) said above, the best thing is just to observe it. By doing that we detach and get in touch with a deeper Self that's doing the observing. It's our mind, our thinking and not us. I've gotten to the point where I can laugh at some of my programming. I'm just not as attached to it anymore and let it play out. Because I'm not emotionally tied to it, it loses its creative juice.

Like Gus, I want peace which for me means the highest and best for everyone, but I also need help as I'm trying to maneuver through life, so I ask for guidance in that vein. If I want to draw something to me I ask that it be "in divine order." I ask for my heart to open, my thoughts and words to be filled with loving kindness for myself and everyone I meet and my mind to find wise solutions to whatever problem is presenting itself. If I can think and speak and do good, I help others and I also draw the same to myself.

I'm not a saint. I still have lots of negative tendencies, but little by little I am learning to be positive. And the motivation for doing all this is that it makes me happier not to mention the people around me.

Finally, I think that accepting things as they are like you said above is really a wise way to live if you mean that you don't lose energy by shaking a fist at fate when difficult things come. We are living out the fruits of our karma which is another way to look at the LOA. We have drawn our present experiences to us from past actions (karma means action). There's nothing we can do about what has come, only how we react. And how we choose to act from now on. I find a lot of peace in that.

Wishing you the best,

Bhavya