1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

The Search For Self

Discussion in 'Thought For Today' started by olmate, May 12, 2013.

1. olmate

olmate Member

Meditation and the poverty of it is no form of self-rejection.

We are not running away from ourselves, nor do we hate ourselves. On the contrary, our search is a search for ourselves and the experience of our own personal and infinite capacity to be loved.

There is the harmony of the real Self.

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

* like *

;)

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

In some way it "is" self rejection, if you mean the illusionary personality. Which could destroy the idea of meditation to some... lol

4. olmate

olmate Member

Ya, I guess it is a form of rejection of ego based activity. I had in mind a focus on an enquiry of the real self rather than what it is not. So maybe it is a renunciation of the illusions that I have over time labelled as "real" as part of that enquiry.

5. william.sharkey

william.sharkey Member

it is the (imaginary) self rejection.

Im in a rather cool situation right now. I am a poker player. I had quite a lot of money very recently and the amount of money I made and lost in a day was mind boggling to even my poker playing friends, who are used to big swings. I found out now (since I have lost most of my money) that I could not help a strong self image of myself of being a high stakes gambler. My ego and this self image had been strenghtening for a long time. Now I have recently had to get staked. This means somebody else puts the money for me to play and I recieve a percentage of the profits. The people who are staking me were the ones whom I have staked in the past. SO we have a serious role reversal. Perhaps you could say, image reversal. And boy o boy is my ego resisting it!!!!

bad dreams, everything reminds me of the recent past, my 'glory' days. lol

but it is kind of fun in a way

6. william.sharkey

william.sharkey Member

gonna put that in the meditation section,, think that was a post people might like to read and comment on