1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

the present

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by jada, Aug 7, 2010.

1. jada

jada Member

so , how can one think to live in the now , when he has problems in the now? i mean , one has to look and hope at a brighter future right?

thanks

:confused:

david

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi David,

Did you have a problem when you were typing that message? I mean, at that very point you were on this forum typing the thoughts in your mind, was there a problem with that? I doubt it, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to post the message. In that very moment of NOW, there was no problem.

What you are perceiving as problems in the Now, are really things that have happened in the past, that you are projecting into the future as expectations. You are expecting something to happen in the future based on what has happened in the past and you are spending your emotional energy in the present moment focusing on past and future rather than what is right here in front of you now.

It's not possible to act on things in the future because they are not here to act on. It's not possible to act on things in the past because they have have passed. The only thing you can act on is what is here in front of you at this very moment.

There may be things you have to consider for the future and logically reason out, in order to live, but if that involves bringing up emotions and feelings in the present moment, then recognise this happening and recognise that it's coming from past experience and is NOT TRUE! Inevitably what happens in the future is never what you have expected it to be i.e. you can practice all you like for a speech or presentation and you can worry about it all you like, but it will never happen exactly as you imagined it. So, don't try and create a future, and moreover don't create a future based on past experience. Keep observing what is right here and now in front of you and act on the facts, not the fiction.

;)

Hugs

Giles

3. jada

jada Member

inpirational as always giles, thanks...it really made sense, i am trying fociusing on every second of the day, it takes time though :) i can t wait to start reading the power of now, from what i read it helps you understand a lot.

thankyou very much giles

love

david

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hey,

I´ve been reading 485,3 books of the now, spirituality, enlightement, chakras, and whatsoever. I found that most of the messages were true, but only to the one expierencing them. Reading about it was intellectual interesting, but it didnt change something inside me (besides that it fired up my bhakti (desire)).

Only after time, with regular meditation, i came to that point where i recognized my thoughts as the cause for every trouble. It isnt the fact that something is the way it is, it is the way i think about it that causes me trouble.

For me this realization came slowly, and it is still creating its neurogical path in my brain. But when something feels disturbing, no matter what the circumstances are, i can always drop it. It feels like to sit down in the storm of my thoughts, to let my "I" burn down by my fears and thoughts.

Intellectual understanding is probably the first step. The second one is to go there, and no one tells you how to... for me its my bhakti and meditation, and before all that devotion. You can find somewhere on this forum, what gave me the final kick to find it - i wont make anymore advertising for it :)

If you are sincere searching, you´ll find your experience too - its just a matter of time. :)

Atb,
    Pan

5. jada

jada Member

hi panthau, i have to beat my anxiety, fears etc first, those are my main problems, not everytime of the day, sometimes i really feel worryless, and enjoying the moment, while meditating with lifeflow,for example, but sometimes i feel that i need inspiration for everything. to day i m going for the first time to a psychologist. anyway thanks for answering, i am getting a lot of inspiration and motivation reading all of the posts.:)

love

david

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

For you to "beat" anxiety and fear etc. those things have to exist, here in the present moment. But they don't. Remember fears are a belief of something happening in the future based on what has happened in the past. It doesn't exist here in the Now, so you can't beat it, you can simply recognise it for what it really is and let it go. You have that choice!

One thing to start to help you recognise this more, is to consider who You really are. We often consider ourselves to be this person of Fear, Anxiety or whatever, but the truth is... if you can observe it, you can't be it. You can observe thoughts rising in your mind, so you cannot Be those thoughts. You can observe your body changing over time, but you are not the body, you are simply attached to it (further example of that is if you cut your hair or were unfortunate enough to lose a limb, that doesn't stop you from being You, because You still exist and still observe). Likewise fears come and go and you can observe that happening. So you are not the fears, but you are attaching to them through your mind.

I Advaita (non-duality) teachings, the True Self (i.e. You) is seen as the unchanging observer, always observing and never changing. If you can observe it, it can't be you, and what you can't observe is the True Self.

Hugs

Giles

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hehe thats what i meant, we all see things in different ways, and react to them in a different way. All Giles and all the others can tell you, are just pointers to your own inner truth. :)

And as Giles said, theres nothing to fight. If you fight, you are not here, in this present moment - stuck in your thoughts about past or future.

Atb,
    Pan

8. jada

jada Member

words of wisdom guys, i found a way that sometimes helps me to let problems go, i imagine myself on a beautifull sandy beach, and i see the 'fear' that just hit me in a big soap balloon than it floats away until its gone, i use this while meditating, and it helps me.

i am saying this from my heart, i really am happy that i found this forum, lifeflow, Micheal etc i am discovering and coquering things i tought impossible to reach, thanks for all your replies.:)

i wish you all peace, love and happiness

david:D

9. Teckniec

Teckniec Member

Great words of wisdom. Living in the now has helped me with my job which i don't much care for. There are alot of things out there that pull you out of this though.

10. jada

jada Member

i agree, but with meditation i m learning to control everything.

11. Panthau

Panthau Member

Or to let go...

12. jada

jada Member

yes...better

thanks

13. Panthau

Panthau Member

14. Mitchell1

Mitchell1 Member

I like it !