The Project Meditation Community Forum is temporarily in a Read-Only state due to maintenance and upgrades that are being applied. Although registration and the creation of new posts are currently not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

We will notify you as soon as our maintenance work is completed,

Have a great day,

Yours for HUGE success
    The Project Meditation Team

The Power Of Now

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by jada, Aug 16, 2010.

1. jada

jada Member

hi, i m eading the book by ecchart tolle the power of now, and, wow, its leaving a real effect on my way of thinking, it makes you feel as if you had something missing and now you found it...especially when you start realising how to be 'present' in the now, no past , no future, just the Now...:)

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Glad you're enjoying it. I liked the book but found he was a bit repetative in it, however it fitted in nicely with other teachings I've been having on being present.

3. Midnight

Midnight Member

There is a lot of value in that book that I've gone through it multiple times. I think i've gone through it 3 times. I've had a breakthrough every single time. My biggest one was about acceptance and completely surrendering to the present moment as it is. Most people don't like the word surrender, but if you can let go of any specific connotation you have of the word, you'll be doing yourself a big favor :D
  4. jada

jada Member

hi giles, as a beginner i am finding it very helpfull and easy to read...and yes midnight, i have read only half of it and already passed again some chapters...i am even experiencing the Now. the stillness, he mentions, the peace and joy, they were always here, just covered by , in my case the future, always living int the future, always with the phrase 'what if' on my mind...