1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

the past

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by jada, Aug 2, 2010.

1. jada

jada Member

so, need a little lesson on the past, let s say that there are persons, who had really hurt you in the past, and still are, what s one expected to do because, if one lives in the Now, he must forgive them,right? but ooo i m so confused...
    :confused:
    thanks

david

2. stopmotion

stopmotion Member

You need to become aware of the feeling inside you--the hurt, the pain, whatever it is. Put your attention on it. Tolle shows a great way to put attention on your thoughts and feelings in Living in the Now. This way, you shine the light of consciousness on them. Anything like this left unconscious will be a leech sucking your blood and drain your life, until you shine your awareness on them. They then will vanish.

Keeping your awareness on deeply painful things releases a lot of energy and it is easy to stop the whole thing. It becomes painful, very much like a detox of the deeply entrenched negative thoughts they have planted in you. Forgiveness is when you finally burn up all of this fog, and you will feel that you are letting it go. Then you can forgive in person, if appropriate. Please consider Tolle's book. While you may not agree with his idea of God (having intelligence but not being a person...), he's a very good psychologist and I am using his techniques every day. It's helping me in nearly every moment, and for deeper things when they rise up.

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yep, its all about you´re focus. Theres only one thing ever to do, and that is to be here.
    That may sound confusing, because you surely think you are already here.

What i mean is, to drop everything you do and take a look within. Be still and watch... as long as you can. Meditation will increase your inner stillness, so it will be easier to be here.

Here in this present moment, where you are right now, there´s the solution for all your problems. You become aware that thoughts create your perception, and therefore start to drop them.

Every emotion that came up, because people hurt you, wants to express itself. It wants to be felt and accepted, not more not less. What you do as a child is, to block these emotions, because you dont know how to handle them. If you stop and hold still, if you´re focus is inward-looking, just looking, then these emotions will take their chance and come out to be free. And so you are... free.

So, everything that is left to do is to meditate every day, to create inner stillness, and to take your time, every day, to be here. Just sit down and watch. Dont run away :)

Atb,
    Pan

4. jada

jada Member

thanks for the replies guys...it really makes sense, and yes i m buying tolle's book, from what i read, i think it helps a lot. i m still in the begining of meditation, so i ll need a little time to start feeling the results, but its already changing some of my ways of thinking.

thanks

david:D