1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

The law of attraction

Discussion in 'The Law Of Attraction' started by pollyanna, Dec 16, 2007.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Schealer, first let me say I don't claim to be a leader in this field by any means.

What I do know is that "the why" is vital and will give you the passion.

I believe the sub-conscious part of the mind works like a heat seeking missile - it doesn't know the difference between what is true and what is not - what will bring good results and what will bring bad ones.

It will simply serve you by bringing about your most dominant thoughts.

For example, I used to feel really good when I imagined or visualised every day opening big patio doors and just walking the dogs through them into private beautiful grounds of parkland filled with trees and a stream (no putting collars and leads on them all - no putting them into dog cages in the car and driving to the local woodland where we would meet other dogs - and no getting dirty everytime I picked them up to put back in the car after they had had their run about)

Of course the parkland wasn't just for the dogs to enjoy - this was just what I imagined each day.

I also visualized a library room - the big reason why was to keep a library of "the good Books" I often mention. These will always be recommended to future generations so they won't have to wait until they are 40 as I did to discover all the amazing success principles.

I think one of the greatest fears is the fear of success and also the fear of loss.

Someone once said to me that once a persons mind is expanded by a dream, there's no turning back and there was a time, after all the excitement of discovering that I could achieve what I truly desired, when I wished I could go back to the ignorance of not knowing what I had discovered :eek:

All the doubts and fears would come flooding in - but I couldn't turn back for I knew too much then. Yet it seemed like the only way forward was to climb an impossible mountain (which I later discovered was my lack of belief in myself.)

Going to work, doing the same things day in - day out,for years had created a deep rut in my life which had worn so deep that I couldn't see the opportunities that were available over the sides.

I was like a hamster running round and around on it's wheel, chasing it's tail, expecting a different result.

Then I read the following words by Napoleon Hill "Any idea, plan, or purpose may be placed in the mind through repetition of thought. Hold a picture of yourself long and steadily enough in your mind's eye, and you will be drawn toward it. Man, alone, has the power to transform his thoughts into physical reality; man, alone, can dream and make his dreams come true."

Personally, I work on one dream at a time - I believe this creates a laser focus.

The more you visualize the more you realize and actualize - I believe this creates and builds belief.

Feeling grateful every day for everything good in life is a priceless exercise :)

If I become aware of any doubts I usually think about what I am grateful for.

Being quiet in meditation allows us to change our map of reality - we become more confident and as our cluttered mind becomes clearer, creative ideas have room to surface.

I hope this helps and wish you an abundance of peace and happiness :) :) :)

P.S. I wasn't quite sure of your following question sorry:-

"Also, how do you handle desires that are not materialistic - for example, having easier call nights or days - without it impacting your revenue stream etc)"

2. schealer

schealer Member

Thanks so much for your response - I didnt get a chance to log in in a few days. What I meant by the last part was: At present there is a belief in my mind that my current level of income is related to working hard and being busy and being available 24/7 (although I have partners who alternate being available with me 24/7 for urgent situations). After hours work can be sporadic - it can be quiet and restful (my preference) or can be busy .... and somewhat taxing. I guess the real question was if there was a way to use the principles to have peaceful evenings and weekends - without loss of revenue. In other words best of both the worlds - although being busy during daytime hours does not bother me and in-fact I like being busy, although would like to be more available for family in the evenings.

You claim that you are not an expert - but so far I have learnt more from youthan anyone else - so I look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks!

SC

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Schealer and thankyou for your kind words - it is the greatest reward for me to be of help :)

Setting up business when we moved, made it necessary to do "whatever it takes" and we made the decision to pay this price. We had already done this in the U.K. for a number of years so we knew the kind of effort we needed to make.

We did make sure that we had quality family time, however we put exploring our new environment to a real minimum.

After two years of hard work we set some goals in the new year to work towards a 4 hour workday :) :) by June (to enable us to really enjoy the summer months)

Although we are only part way towards this goal, I suddenly realised something last Thursday while I was meditating. It's really difficult to explain -but I just felt quite clearly that we needed more balance and fun in our lives.

We had gotten into the habit of working long hours, my daughter had just moved home and I felt like everyone was ready for a better balance.

I called a brief meeting and everyone agreed excitedly - we believe we'll be just as productive finishing 2 hours earlier every day - and we'll be able to spend more time with our new friends, enjoying the pool, barbecues and general outdoor living.

Being disciplined and responsible as a team now gives us some wonderful choices - we all enjoy our work, however, we have always been working towards our choice of a healthy balance.

Just incorporate it into your goals, it's certainly a very exciting and worthwhile one. I wish you an abundance of peace, joy and family time out :) :) :)

4. enlighteneduk

enlighteneduk Member

Aha, Pollyanna!

Have you been reading Tim Ferris's '4 Hour Work Week'? I've just read it, whilst on holiday in Portugal! Excellent!

Heather

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Heather, my son read it some time ago and talked of "a 4 hour work week" which sounds amazing :) This probably inspired me to think of a 4 hour work day.

I think I'll give it a read and imagine the possibility of a 4 hour work week :p

Thankyou - what a great goal that would be :) possibilities are endless :)

Peace and joy to you :) :) :)

6. enlighteneduk

enlighteneduk Member

It is an excellent book Pollyanna! It had me chuckling in places at Tim's sheer audacity!! But an excellent source of good websites to help achieve the goal too!

Heather

7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  8. purplevibe

purplevibe Member

Be careful what you wish for - you will get it

Be careful what you wish for - a bit of a joke really - but you will get what you wish for, it is the Law of Attraction. I spent a lot of time with my grandmother who lived in a one-bedroomed flat, and when I was a teenager I wished to live there rather than with my parents, years later I had a one-bedroomed flat, and when I first came to this site and Polyanna's wonderful endorsements of the Law of Attraction I thought about that flat. Further to that, I had a son, and wanted to live in the same area as the flat, but nothing that I looked at gave me the same feeling of community and safety as I felt where I was, but it was claustrophobic; I had all his toys in the living-room as we had no room in the bedroom.

Eventually, just as we needed it, some people were evicted from a house in the same close that we lived in, and I was told about it by a fellow neighbour very soon after. I told him, (he was next door to the evictees) I would be interested in the property if it was now for rent and to 'give me a knock' when the Landlord came round. Well, he did, and I am now in this lovely two-bedroomed house and I dreamed of William playing in the car-park (sounds strange, I know) in front of the houses (it is a kind of cul-de-sac) in safety. Recently, more children moved in, and now in the summer evenings they all play together in the car-park and I am in seventh heaven out there with them!!! The neighbours all look after each others children, even those who have no children! The nub of it is, that this is what I IMAGINED for my son, just as I imagined being 'cool' and having a flat to myself when I was a teenager.

I have recently had another instance, amongst many, I am now have a leather setteee - I always wanted a leather settee. Whilst I was away on holiday a neighbour had decided to get rid of a leather settee and asked another neighbour, Jane if she would like it, she suggested a friend of hers. Anyway, after coming back from holiday, I went in to talk about their new decoration and it came up, they told me they had offered it to Jane but if she didn't want it I could have it. So I spent the rest of the day focusing on the settee and how it would look in my living-room and feel to sit on, and she, on being asked said her friend didn't need it and how about me? I heard her say that, as our doors were all open when my other neighbour went to ask her, so my focusing on it meant that I got what I focused on basically. Like the flat. Like the fact that I looked at my garden and wished I had a spade and found one on the way back from collecting my son from school. Or I worried about the fact that the book-case I ordered for my son was too big and I had to cancel it and my friend rang up 5 mins later and offered me a book-case. Just concentrate on what you need and tune in, it will happen! Much more has happened to me since Michael's fantastic meditations, I might add, it took me about 15 years to produce the flat I loved at my grandmother's, since meditating with Michael the affects are almost instant.

What I am trying to say in this, is if you focus your mind, you can achieve what you want and more importantly what you need to be happy - go for it! Look at Pollyanna - she is a marvellous example to all of us.

It is not about greed, I am s-o-o-o glad to have a wonderful settee to sit on to type this because it what I always wanted ,and it appeared, not because this is all I would accept, I would have been very happy to accept any settee to replace the grubby one I had, but to get a LEATHER settee, the type I would have chosen is absolutely amazing, but why? especially? because it is what I dreamed, and it has happened, I have meditated on other things in the LOA which are coming to fruition, but some stuff just seems to happen if you tune into it all. Forget all the negative programming, tune in, HELP OTHERS, be positive about your life, you only live once, don't wait until you are old and grey to get what you need, think about it now, think now how you would really like your life to be....DO IT NOW!

:) xxx

live now :)

9. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

I'm so happy for you Purplevibe, thankyou for trusting me, however the credit goes to you :) I think you're very wise indeed. Sounds like you and your little boy live in a wonderful community. I love your attitude, it will serve you well and I wish you an abundance of peace and joy on your continuing journey :) :) :)

P.S. When I read your next post, I'll visualize you sitting on your lovely, comfy leather sofa.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  10. purplevibe

purplevibe Member

Hi Pollyanna, your words make me feel so humble that I could not answer immediately. Thank you, and thank you for being such a beacon in LOA, you are an example to us all, I keep telling friends about your wonderful transition.
    Whilst talking to my neighbours, (they are both 75 and tell me loads about parenting, if you want to know how to parent talk to your elderly neighbours with children that you think 'turned out alright'). Anyway, she was telling me about some hanging set of boxes that you can get from a well-known Swedish company, well we were out there a while, 10 mins perhaps and I had imagined these boxes in my mind's eye, as I had seen them in the catalogue and said I should get some, 10 mins later, just as I had gone in, she was still in the garden, my door was stil open and another neigbour came to the door, 'I've got these hanging boxes, good for shoes, any good for you?' Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather! or anything!!!!!! We have laughed about it since, and I have told them all how I attract things like leather sofas, which came from the lovely 75 year old I was talking to about hanging boxes, this really was a very good illustration of the power of attraction. Focus, imagine, and it will come. lots of love and attraction to all, focus and it will come, all you need will be provided for by the universe, really, you will see it, just believe it, this really happened, the law of attraction works! within 10 minutes!!!!!!!!! x :)

11. purplevibe

purplevibe Member

gratitude

;)
    I must add that after posting this I have spent some time in a gratitude mediation, I feel this is important, (it was intuitive to do it, but yes it is important to do it, if you FEEL anything in your life), in feeling so lucky to be blessed by this universe, I also feel gratitude that I am receiving what I wish for, it is a natural progression.
    When the lady I mentioned talked of these boxes (by the way the whole thing took 10 mins, it looks like 20 in my words above, but what I meant was as I went in, my other neighbour came to the door, I had talked about it about 10 mins before) she described how she used them, she said, 'I put my black bras in the top ones and my white bras in the bottom ones', this was such a visual, that I immediately saw this in my mind's eye, I then remembered seeing them in the catalogue and said, 'what a good idea, I must get some!' she then went on to say she had got some for her partner to put socks of different colours in, again I visualised this, I think this is the thing, she described it so well, with colours, the socks I visualised in colours too, the amazing thing is that she described the black and white bras and my other neighbour produced 'hanging boxes' striped in black and white! When you are visualising what you wish for put in all the colours, vibrant and colourful images really stimulate the mind, it is more real somehow, more concrete. On thinking about it all, this is what brings to mind the reality of it all, I think the fact that she talked about colours made it more real in my imagination, not imagination in reality, because that is what it came to be!
    Of course the most important thing you can do is meditate, I spent a long time meditating and doing yoga before I came to Lifeflow, since Lifeflow it has all come to flow...believe in yourself and read, as Pollyanna says, because whatever you tell your brain is what it will understand to be true, so if you tell your mind positive, life-affirming stuff that is what you will be, think in the present, in the now, that you have what you need, that you deserve it, it took me a long time to get to this, I have had problems with money but it is only when you believe you deserve to have what you desire (deep down, through work with meditation, not just telling yourself it once or twice, lifeflow has been the key for me, thank you!) that you will get what you need and deserve, believe in yourself, in your own power to be what you want to be ... :):):):) It will be your self-fulfilling prophesy!

tune in... and love life to the full, love being alive in the moment, love being where you are, give out love to your friends and neighbours, in a totally natural way, not in some prescribed way, but feel it, as you meditate you will become more in love with life, look for the positive rather than the negative, re-programme your brain to look for the positive and that is what you will get ...;) it becomes an intuitive way of feeling, of living, of giving, and being ... sorry if I am 'going on a bit', 'zoned out' after my gratitude meditation but want to give it out, was in two minds whether to try and write this after my meditation as so 'ommed' ... lots of love x time for bed !!!

12. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Purplvibe, just found your post (you must have posted when I was back in the U.K.) and I'm so pleased for you.

I love how you say "Tune in", be thankful and visualize :) You really demonstrate how much the mind does effect the body and that through your mind you see the result in advance :)

As Michael wrote recently, our brainwaves effect our states and our states effect how we feel. Just like musical instuments can loose their tuning, we can loose our tuning to healthy resonances - and feel "out of tune"

Meditation creates clarity and clarity is power. The more focused you are - the more clear you are with what you want to achieve emotionally, spiritually, financially etc.

Our potential as humans is huge - it was once perceived that to run a mile in 4 minutes was impossible. However, within 2 years of Roger Bannister accomplishing this, 37 other people did it :) Why?? Because their belief level just went up.

When we believe our human potential is huge we will put in huge action which will produce huge results which will enforce and re-enforce our belief.

The same applies if we believe our human potential is very limited, we will put little or no action into practise, achieve little or no result and re-inforce the belief that we cannot achieve something.

Fear and lack of belief is what holds us back from the amazing feeling of breaking through the barrier towards freedom.

If the WHY you want something is strong enough, you can overcome the fear of failing. Everyone who has succeeded at anything has faced disapointments along the way.

Some people allow the disapointments to destroy them - some people allow their disapointments to drive them forward.

Personally, I was more afraid of what life would be like if I didn't follow through and I was unwilling to settle for the life I had.

Once you break through the first barrier and experience the amazing feeling of achievement, you know you can do it again and again.

Wow -that was a bit long- winded. I think you triggered something I am passionate about - Keep on keeping on and I wish you an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  13. Franz

Franz Member

Hello everyone. I am fairly new to the Law of Attraction. I started using the LOA back in June but I have had some remarkable changes in my life since then and great things just seem to keep coming. I thought I would reply to this thread to fill you in on my take with disappointments. I noticed along the way something I did not like would happen and at the time it felt like it wasn't in line with my goal. This happened several times but what I have learned is that LOA will move you in the direction that is the best route for you to take. Later I noticed that these disappointments served a greater purpose. For instance, I am a DJ and have always wanted to make people feel good at the parties I play at. I have attracted what I have always wanted which is to have a consistent booking of parties where I could perform and make people feel good. There was one time when one of my gigs was cancelled and I couldn't help thinking "why did that happen?" "Did I attract this somehow?" I felt disappointed but I made myself continue to feel grateful and kept concentrating on the end result. It turns out I got a call last week that they found an even better venue that is 10 x's better than the old one and they want me back. Not only that, they want me to be their headliner dj for all their events and want to market me. This is simply amazing.

So you see, the disappointments may be a change in route to lead you to an even better route. Your end destination will still be what you have imagined it to be. Know this. What is also funny is when I played at the old venue I couldn't help but think "I am so grateful for this gig but if they had this or that at the party it would be even better." The new venue they booked me for had everything I imagined in mind. I can spend hours figuring out how this happened. Did I attract and even better venue which had all the characteristics of what I imagined? Did the LOA figure this is the best route and purposely cancel the old venue the party was held at. Who knows? Now I understand that it is not our job to figure out how. Feel wonderful for what you have now, feel great for what tomorrow brings now, and your life will begin to unfold exactly to your liking. When disappointment arises just realize and say to yourself..."ok that probably wasn't the best route to take or this is a blessing in disguise. I'm sure an even better route or opportunity is already in place for me."

Hope this helps.

Franz

14. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Hi everyone,
    Here's my bit.I visualised how i wanted my day to be happy first 5 mins after waking up in the morning regularly applying pollayanna's suggestion( thank you) into practice and infact they are much better.Some people who i tolerated ( may be them me) for professional reasons now looks are moving out of my sphere and i'm in my element with the new people who recently joined me.I am observing the whole process and the knowledge that everything will pass is hitting home stronger than ever.
    Love and peace
    daffodil

15. Matti

Matti Member

Hi, i could need some help. I am trying to visualize that i dont have to go army. Could i visualize that i receive letter from army? Any ideas?

16. Edwin

Edwin Member

I do know that besides visualisations, there is another thing going on.

If you think all day " I don't want to go to the army " this is a sentence built with a negative element, namely the "don't".
    Your subconscious is unable to pick up words like don't, can't, won't...

So when you visualise an hour a day that you receive a letter from the army that you can stay home, but the rest of the day, you think " I don't want to go to the army ", what your subconcious actually picks up is " I ---- want to go to the army ".

Oops ! ;)

Instead, think all day " I want to stay home ".

And while you do, keep your eyes and ears open to anything you might hear or read or see that is related to your wish. A chance might appear.

17. Matti

Matti Member

Thanks Edwin, that was very helpful.

Instead, think all day " I want to stay home ".

So you dont nessesary even have to visualize?

18. GilesC

GilesC Member

Some people are kinesthetic (touchy feely), some visual and some auditory as their predominant sense. If you find visualizing staying at home easier than saying it with words or even if you prefer to do both, then do that. Whatever suits you and feels comfortable for you.

;)

Hugs

Giles

19. Edwin

Edwin Member

Oh no I wasn't clear, I meant it more in the sense of " Don't sabotage your daily one hour visualisation by thinking that you don't want to go for the rest of the day "

Of course still visualise :)

20. navien

navien New Member

Reactions during Crative visualisation

Hi,

When I do my meditation to The Lifeforce, my brain (or is it my belly) goes in circles. Its like some chakra is going around in circles - sometimes clockwise & sometimes anti clockwise.

My queries are -
    1. It this normal? Does it happen to others too?
    2. As a result of the above, the pictures I conjure up during Creative Visualizations are 'wavy'. They are never still.

Please guide.