1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

The law of attraction

Discussion in 'The Law Of Attraction' started by pollyanna, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Ariel

Ariel Member

Very nice story Pollyanna . Great inspiration for others.

I have also watched the secret and it really is fantastic. I have also listened to Napolean Hill's Think & Grow Rich. It is mind blowing, the best thing I ever did was set it as my alarm clock in the morning it really sets me up for the day :).
    I am 20 years old and sometimes wonder like everyone else what am I here to do? What is my path in life? Etc etc. However after watching the secret and listening to some great audio cd’s I am coming closer to understanding the real me and reaching for my real passion/dream in life.

Put meditation and the law of attraction together and you will create a master piece.

Good luck to everyone with your journey on this earth and may it be a life full of love, happiness and dreams coming true.

Thanks
    Ariel xx

2. Julielz

Julielz Member

Pollyanna... I love ya!!!

Fantastic demonstration! Thanks for being so generous with your story and pics. You rock.

Sounds like you have read a little Abraham-Hicks as well. True? Not true? Any way you slice it, The Secret, Think and Grow Rich, Shakti, Louise, Abraham-Hicks, it is all so yummy and fun and celebratory of our ability to create a life we love. Yay!

After reading your story I sat for an old school "visualizing my dreams" meditation. I forgot how good this felt. Thanks for the inspiration.

Again, you rock!

Mucho Love,
    Julie

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

WOW LifeFlow and Napoleon Hill by 20

Thankyou Ariel and welcome to this great comunity. To be exposed to LifeFlow meditation and Napoleon Hill by the tender age of 20 is amazing. I am so excited for you and cannot wait to see how you progress and what masterpiece you will create. What a fantastic idea to wake up listening to such great stuff!!! Go girl and reach for the stars. Happiness and joy to you :) :) :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Thankyou Julie, love ya too!!

Thankyou Julie for your fantastic message. I haven't read Abraham-Hicks yet but I certainly will. What do you recommend? So pleased you are visualizing your dreams! I'm working on creating a huge new dream for the new year but not quite sure what yet. I walked round the lake today with my grandchildren singing "HI ho Hi ho it's off to work we go etc." We had a fantastic time. Love ya too. Happiness and joy to you and yours :) :) :)

5. Julielz

Julielz Member

Wow, you are clearly in tune with the Abraham-Hicks message. They speak of emotions as a guidance system all the time. The break-through book is called "Ask and It Is Given." They have more, but this is a phenomenal read. You are already a demonstration of what they teach and speak of... but it would be a fun ride to check in with their like-minded message.

I would write more but I am off to dinner with friends.

xoxo, Julie

6. srikant

srikant Member

that was beutifully illustrated explnation of power of mind.i too have experienced glimpses

7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

So glad you have experienced glimpses Srikant. I think the beginning words of the song "When you believe" describe very well what we do in the beginning:-
    "Many nights we've prayed with no proof anyone can hear" I hope you use the power of your mind and create a beautiful picture. Joy and happiness to you :) :) :)

8. cswaly

cswaly Member

Hi Pollyanna,

This is a very inspiring story. I have also seen glimpses of what you can do with the mind. However, I do know that I need to work on it more and make my mind in a state of being 100% positive state where I start to create my own reality. I havent used meditation much but been using affirmations and putting myself in state of mind where I see myself in what I want to achieve and then describe it to myself. This is really fun and I am enjoying it. How long do you usually have creative flow playing for? Is it ok to have it playing for a few hours?
    I personally think that having a community like this will help us to create the positive vibrations we need to be able to achieve our dreams. Having started my journey with meditation, I am really looking forward to having lots of lovely things happening in my life. Thank You for sharing your story :)

9. neilcamp

neilcamp Member

Hello again Polly and anyone else reading this post. I just wanted to say that I have the eBook 'Think & Grow Rich' by Napolian Hill. I don't remember where I found it on the internet, but it is now in the Public Domain, so anyone can get it for free. If you do a search I think that you will find it.

Cheers for now.
    Neil

10. Raven

Raven Member

Think and Grow Rich Link

The e-book can be found in many places. Here is one link:

http://www.soilandhealth.org/03sov/0304spiritpsych/030413.Hill.Think.and.Grow.Rich.pdf

This is just a short aside to help people better utilize the Google search engine and waste less time hunting down whatever it is they're searching for. If you want to find a specific type of file, like the PDF I just gave the link to, or an mp3 or whatever, go to the Google search engine and type in the following:

filetype: pdf (Note - When you type there should be no space between the colon [:] and the pdf. I can't put them together on this post because it turns it into a smiley face. But when you type it into Google, omit the space and run it all together.)

I use PDF as an example, but if I was looking for an mp3 I would type:

filetype:mp3

Then type a space, then type the specific name of the file you're looking for. In the PDF example, using that "filetype: pdf" search parameter tells Google you only want it to return search results that are PDF files. That way you won't get 100 million search results for every page that happens to mention the file you're looking for. You can insert any file type you're hunting for. This should save you a great deal of time weeding through false hits and getting to the exact file you were looking for.

A second hint: Try putting the name of the file you're looking for inside quotation marks. That way Google will only look for that exact file name. This also shortens your search time, but be certain you know the exact file name because if you're off by even a single character then your search will be looking for a file with an incorrect name.

For example, to locate the Think and Grow Rich PDF file I provided the link to above, I went to Google and typed in the following:

filetype: pdf "Think and Grow Rich"

This brought me immediately to a site that had the free PDF file for that e-book. Had I typed in:

filetype: pdf "Think & Grow Rich"

I might have found the file but only on sites that used the "&" sign rather than the word "and" in the title of the e-book.

Happy web hunting!

~R~

11. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi cswaly,
    You're welcome and I'm so glad if it inspires you to create wonderful things in your life. It's great that you are enjoying what you're doing and expecting lots of good things to happen in your life. Sometimes I play creative flow for a few hours and sometimes for 30 minutes. It all depends what I am doing. You can play it as long as you want. Creative flow and optimal learning are great for me when I am writing, visualizing or learning French etc. I feel they help me focus and think more clearly. I think the community is wonderful and I'm certain so many will benefit from it. If you have Discover meditation you will also have the music at the end of the guided meditation with Michael. I used to sit quietly with my eyes closed after meditating, listen to the beautiful music and simply count my blessings or as Michael suggests think of everything you are grateful for starting with yourself. I think this exercise is extremely powerful. Because I practise with Lifeflow now almost everyday I enjoy thinking of everything I am grateful for when I have a lovely long shower in the mornings. It's a habit now and I believe that's all we have to do - create just a few good habits and get rid of some bad ones. Can't wait to hear how you progress. If I can help in any way, you'll find me in the community. Happiness and joy to you :) :) :)

12. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Neil and Raven,
    thanks for that great info and reply. Good old Napoleon - I raise my glass to your memory. Joy and happiness to you :) :) :)

13. neilcamp

neilcamp Member

Creative Flow

Hi Michael

I couldn't find Creative Flow in the downloads section unless it is under another name. Please let me know when you get it up and running.
    Cheers for now.
    Neil

14. neilcamp

neilcamp Member

Stupid me! I was browsing in the wrong place and have now found it!
    Cheers
    Neil

15. loving

loving Member

Hello Pollyanna,
    Reading your beautiful post stirred many mixed feeling in me. I am now 59 years old so I can look back at my life and see the many ways I have attracted into my life people, circumstances and events which I have so vividly imagined in my mind that my breath and heart were running like wild horses. Unfortunately, most of these pictures were negative in nature. The family I was growing up was extremely mentally and physically abusive and most of my visions were acts of running far away and spending my life in seclusion, away from people whom I couldn’t trust and where I didn’t belong to. I visualized living solitary life with permanent pain in my heart torn by a desire to belong someplace or somewhere and by feeling a mixture of anger and contempt for a society that hurt me so badly that it’s not even worth trying to explain to them anything or ask them for favors. 30 years later I really ended up living in a far away country (Canada, which is far away from central Europe where I grew up). The other very strong feeling I carried was an intense desire for a total financial independence to enable me not to depend to anyone and to live life with a minimal social contact with other people. Since my desire was so strong, I reached that goal about 10 years ago BUT now, the rest of my desires is starting to manifest as well. In “the real” world it appears that I am loosing all the material possessions which were generating the financial support and income enabling me my isolated existence (absolutely unrelated to the current economic crisis etc). The pain and shock of this loss is so big that it brought me down on my knees, made me to cry again after many years and in that sorrow have glimpses of my very early childhood when I “knew” I was living under Grace. In those times, when I desired something, anything, all I needed to do was to ask for it the Power around me and I received that without fail. Then something terrible happened. I don’t know what it was or when, but I was still very little. After that I felt deserted, lonely and scared with no support and anything I wanted from that moment on I had to somehow deserve and work very hard for it. No more Grace, no more gifts, just hard work and a very little reward for lots of efforts. Life lost its colors and became black and white invoice. Here is how much you eat and here is how much you have to pay for that meal. I begged for help, for a sign of love or support but it didn’t come and I started criticizing and challenging that Grace which used to love and support me. Things started getting progressively worse and the worse they become the more critical I became of the Power and spent most of my life in a deep resentment. This got me into many difficult situations. One of them, a very significant one, has been dragging over the past 6 years and it appears to be culminating now in a series of very hard knocks and shocks. The pain and fear that come with this event helped me to finally see and admit that these events are external reflections of what’s really inside of me, my thoughts and beliefs, that I was the co-creator of these apparent results and that these thought can be removed and my life changed. Looking for help I came across your web site hoping to find a way how to rejuvenate and give passion to my positive desires. Mentally I am now in the situation when I think with my brain, not with my heart and so I feel that the effectiveness of my wishes and desires generated by conscious thinking is far less powerful than my earlier desires full of passion and conviction.; It is as if I feel I have no right to ask for anything anymore and if I do it is a brain and reason driven thought rather then a burning desire coming from my heart with the power of conviction that the desired result is rightfully mine. Please help me to find a way how to remove all the guilt, resentment and fear from me, because all these feelings lingers around even when I am trying to meditate, listen to the binaural tracks or express positive affirmations. Please anyone out there, let me know if there is an effective method how to flash out all the layers and sediments clogging my soul, be it hypnosis, self-hypnosis, some intensive boot camps, anything! Please! Thank you and sorry for the long post, I had no idea it will end up this long when I started replying. Peace in soul to everyone!. Loving.

16. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there and welcome to the community. If I were you I would sit down with pen and paper and write down everything that you are grateful for and then do the gratitude exercise each day without fail for 21 days.

I understand you may not feel like doing this, however it is an invaluable habit to create in your life and often the things that we least feel like doing are the very things that will help us the most.

Focus on what's good in life before meditating. Many years ago, when I was going through a very tough time, the following wise words helped me through. I used to read them each day.

DESIDERATA.

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."

I hope this is of help and I wish you peace and happiness :) :) :)

17. Hirinaki

Hirinaki Member

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this website has already been mentioned, but I'd like to HIGHLY recommend this amazing website where you can download free podcasts:

Free Podcasts

There are very inspirational and empowering interviews. It's a real delight to listen to them on my MP3 player on my way to work! I especially recommend Thoughts Become Things and Why Good People Do Bad Things.

Lots of love,

Hirinaki, very happy to have just started Life Flow 5:)

18. schealer

schealer Member

Pollyana,
    I am new to this Forum and truly enjoyed your posts and recommendations. i have been learning about LOA and visualization. I was wondering if you had any suggestions for me. I am currently in a very busy and successful profession and feel that my current level of income is greater than what most of my counterparts earn. I always feel somewhat apprehensive about losing what I have. I do believe in LOA and most of what I have is due to my focus on my desires. But many times I feel wary that either I dont deserve it or it doesnt feel "real". I wonder if I subconsciously block what I desire.

Did you run into this? In either case, do you have any advice for me ? Also, how do you handle desires that are not materialistic - for example, having easier call nights or days - without it impacting your revenue stream etc)

Thanks ! (sorry about the long post)

19. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Schealer and welcome to the community. I think you will find the best advice I can give by reading or re-reading the following post I have placed below. I understand all the feelings and doubts you describe - I felt them also - what I actually found was I could have control over my thoughts :).

The hardest part was I had no proof and therefore could have allowed doubt to cripple my dream :(

No part of my dream was for show or status - rather for safety for my family, to live a simple life within nature, enjoy better weather and work from home.

For 2 years, 1 month and 8 days we have been living our dream and not a day goes by when I don't give thanks for the paradise and the lifestyle we all enjoy and the people we have become in achieving this wonderful dream.

We still own only 2 cars between 7 adults and 2 children but have increased bicycles from 3 to 7 and we really enjoy them :)

I hope you find your answers below and if I can help you with anything specific please feel free to ask :)

20. schealer

schealer Member

Thanks, I think I get part of it - using our emotional guidance system we can tell if we are in harmony with the Universe. However, when you do feel doubtful or know that you are not in harmony - I guess you need to try to overcome the doubts with continued focus on the desired outcome and feeling. Is it advisable to visualize the same outcomes everyday or does that imply lack of belief? I usually visualize a whole series of outcomes for myself and my family - is it better to do short (single outcome) visualizations or Ok to do a long movie ?

Thanks