1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

The law of attraction: What works for you ?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Edwin, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hi everybody !

On the "Guide to meditation" CD Michael talks about "visualisation" during or after meditation.

I have been trying this for some time now, but it feels like I am doing something wrong. Obviously the Law of attraction doesn't work if you don't feel right, so could you guys tell me if you do this too, and if you are, how do you do it ?

And does it work for you ?

Look very much forward to your stories

Thanks, Edwin

2. DreadHead

DreadHead Member

hm.. i just watched an incredibly poor movie about the law of atraction (the secret)
    you aren't talking about that law are you?

visualisation is indeed very very important, but it was stated that you could just manifest anything and everything you wanted, by simple positive thinking.. and on top of that they said quantum mechanics proves that, while Q.M. says the direct opposite, you can choose the way you percieve, from all possibilities. and now these people say everythings possible.. in a poor presentation..

i didn't know the law of attraction actually was an understanding outside of this movie..
    (but i haven't yet gone through that guide to meditation cd)

the way i visualise is a proces in 3 steps

first i just focus on what i want, see it in front of me, then i imagine the feeling of having it already, i use affirmations to get that image, and those feelings settled in my subconsious, from where they can have a direct effect. i've always believed that something like visualisation needs to be in the subconsious to have any effect, so maybe you're missing that point
    and the third step is logically to meditate, causing these new feelings and image to grow into something that can actually help me achieve the goal..

in this way i see the possibilities from which you can choose to be 1 it works and 2 it doesn't work, getting that issue of not being able to manifest everything out of the way..

you might have noticed all these explanations are 100% tuned to my personal beliefs, something that i consider to be very important, if something matches with the way you think and percieve, it'll be a lot easier to achieve

hope that was any help, good luck :)

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanks Dreadhead !

I was talking about the law of attraction indeed, but not as it is presented in "the Secret".

Personally I believe the real secret is that, when you tune your mind into what you want 100%, you start to notice opportunities and options that you might have missed before, because it wasn't a real goal !
    Also you put your subconcious to work to ponder on the problem, and I think that after a while your subconcious DOES deliver, not in the way that they say in " the Secret " where they claim that the universe delivers... whatever that means...

I think your personal beliefs are more important than generalised information from books or the internet actually, because your personal beliefs are real-life experiences from which I can experiment, so thank you for sharing :)

I will go try this !

I will let you know the results :)

4. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

Link

Thought it would be a good idea to add this link to this thread:

Law of attraction

PW ;)