The Project Meditation Community Forum is temporarily in a Read-Only state due to maintenance and upgrades that are being applied. Although registration and the creation of new posts are currently not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

We will notify you as soon as our maintenance work is completed,

Have a great day,

Yours for HUGE success
    The Project Meditation Team

The Giggle

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Karmoh, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

It is a mystery and sometimes we miss the obvious, so obvious that it solicits a childish giggle. After this morning’s meditation, as I stretched, I admired the golden sunrise, which are spectacular at the moment due to the volcanic ash from Chile. As I gazed the thought came, "It’s good that I’m IN the present moment to appreciate life and all of its twists and turns"

As I turned away, a childlike giggle appeared, from deep down, quickly followed by the realisation that I’m NOT in the present moment. I AM the present moment and will never be anything else...

“Who am I” I have asked this question before, during meditations and throughout my days but the answer was never really clear, but today no bells or flashing lights, just a child within giggling as if I was so dumb that I couldn't see that a simple statement like "I am IN the moment" would hold me away from the very answer I was seeking...

it is a mystery and I must giggle again :D

Peace :)
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. olmate

olmate Member

Great post Karmoh.

Have you ever thought of the asker of the question "who am I?" might be just a labeling machine? Imagine that "things" don't have labels. Birds are not birds - they just are what they are. Do they really need a label when one sits and admires their perfection?

So extending that line of awareness to the "who am I?" question - could contentment be achieved by just admiring the perfection that is "you" without a label?

Just wondering...

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

That's right :), we don't move through time, time moves through us !

I always compare it to having parked your car next to a bus. At a certain moment the bus will drive away, and you will have a sensation that you are suddenly rapidly accellerating backwards. But the truth of the matter is that you never moved from your spot ! You are always home, wherever you are.:cool:

This inspired Douglas Harding to develop the "headless way"
  4. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi Olmate,

You post reminded me of a quote by Byron Katie

Thinking that people are supposed to do or be anything other than what they are is like saying that the tree over there should be the sky. I investigated that and found freedom.
    – Byron Katie

There is a saying, The world is a reflection of your own mind

Maybe this is the only pointer we really need? :)

Peace :)
  5. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi Edwin,

The mind can play some funny tricks, when I read your first line, my thought process quickly changed it to an old David Bowie song called Changes where the end of the song has the lyrics

Time may change me
    But I can't trace time