1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

the first 2 weeks of meditating

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by benhilton, Apr 17, 2010.

1. benhilton

benhilton Member

hi all my name is Ben and i have just started using lifeflow for 2 weeks almost, the problem i am having is that the thoughts that go round my head i can sit back and watch during meditation easily enough, but i feel it gets to the point where it gets too strong for me to handle and i find my self attaching the thoughts to it, this is mainly because of the outside world, when i am out there i find it difficult to cope with some situations or people which adds to the effect mainly because i feel too introverted compared to other people but i dont want to be, i was wondering if there is anyone with experience who can offer any suggestions

2. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Hi Ben and welcome
    Check out this link:
    http://www.project-meditation.org/community/meditation-chatter-box/2688-observing-thoughts.html

and also the free Discover Meditation course offered here.

With time, through witnessing your thoughts and their accompanying emotions, you'll be able to notice them without getting drawn in.

Don't give up. This is the way to true happiness. :)

Bhavya