1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

The desire to be somewhere else...

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by ZenMarc, May 27, 2013.

1. ZenMarc

ZenMarc New Member

Greetings from Germany.

Sometimes i just wish i could leave this place. I imagine me standing in the wonderful nature of china, snowcapped mountains behind me. Living a simple live away from all that distraction and idiotic behavior of some fellow people in our world. What hurts me deep within it that I can't leave, Im stuck here and have to deal with it for many ( maybe forever ) years. That's why I came to meditation. I hope it will help me to leave mental and just give myself that feeling of another, better place.

Im glad to be here and to be a part of this community. Greetings, marc

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Marc, and welcome to the Project Meditation community,

A buddhist teacher once said to me "People always seek to go elsewhere to find happiness, and wonder why, when they get there, they are not happy. You cannot run away from unhappiness, because the unhappiness and the happiness both lie within you"

We got on to the subject when discussing how people often go on holidays, ensuring they take lots of photos when they're there, but how they come back not really having experienced being there; simply because they've spent most of their time behind the camera and not experiencing the present moment and place they are in.

There is wonderful nature to be found everywhere... it's typically right where we are, if we just look to see it. ;)

Hugs

Giles

3. Mercedes

Mercedes Member

Hi Marc, I understand how you feel, but if you persevere with your meditation moments you will realize that the best place to be is where you are now. Meditation helps you connect to the God within and suddenly although everything externally is the same, it is totally different. But you can only understand this by experiencing it. At least that''s what I have experienced and it's wonderful.
    PS that doesn't mean that sometimes we have to make changes in our life style.

Good luck, Mercedes