1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Thankyou Everyone!!

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Salem Temple, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Salem Temple

Salem Temple Member

Thankyou for letting me become a part of the group :) I have downloaded the "Discover Meditation" Cd and am very greatful that such a program is offered at no charge, it really shows the heart of this community and I am excited to get to know each of you. This is my brief introduction, my name is Salem, I started meditating when I was 7 and had many experiences that I would love to discuss with you guys and kinda gauge where I am at. I didn't develope the basics when I first started my meditations at 7, and I believe that may have caused me to be overloaded later when I started to experience deeper states of being. I was not taught to meditate, I was however taught about God, not in any traditional sense, I was just told that God was the origin of everything. I spoke to God and at first heard or experienced no reply. But over time I leared to be silent and listen. Listen to my heart beat, listen beyond my heart beat, listen beyond listening, to the silence that is ever present, even in the noisest and most chaotic surroundings. It was in this that I found meditation first, but I didnt have a term for it, so I called it walking with God. Because naturally when we meditate, we seem to all experience a cleaning of our perspectives, allowing us to see and exprience what we missed befor we ever meditated. Things like equanimity and harmony. When I found equanimity and unconditional love they were just natural states of thinking for me, and I hadnt yet developed imbalance or judgments, and the less I understood the people of the world as well as I understood life itself. I went deeper into meditation, so much so, that holding a grip in this reality was becoming increasingly difficult. I stopped seeing the point in a material existence and spent more and more time looking at the spiritual side of life. This made me very unprotected, though at the time I had no clue as to how unprotected I was. I made a bad mistake by automating my external persona and spent time with in myself. No one noticed. I found out a few years back that I was born with a large amount of space in my brain, it allows me to access both sides of the brain easer than most. "Both brained" but for every advantage there is a disadvantage, "cross domanate". Though I can automate thousands of triggered responces in my mind, at the same time thinking of a song I am writing and work on a book I am writting in my mind, I have trouble articulating words I read and my spelling is always changing. lol So I was 19 and had a nice system of an automated interaction with others, but a rapidly developing internal world that was out growing the ability to automate. Before I found a solution, my father commited suicide unexpectedly and I found out my bride to be was cheating on me, just as my intuitions had been telling me.The worst thing I could do I did. It seemed to only option at the time. I couldnt break down, I didnt want to make my mother and brother any more sad, as other peoples emotions flood my own, and in that instance I would have overloaded and most likely killed myself. I shut down my internal world, thinking I would just pick it back up where I left off, after everyone else went through the pain. It didnt happen that way at all. My internal world was my real world and the automated one was just like playing along acting like there is a santa claus, when there really isnt one. Dillusional. I fell into a downward spiral and had no way to stop the ride.

So now to where I am today. As I reapproch opening the door to that vast internal world I recall where I last left off. I am sure many of you have heard of manifesting reality. Well just before my father died I became very good at manifesting reality. It was on a peak of the path of meditation that found manifestation. I was hunting for something and really wanted it to appear, so I meditated as to what I should do. and it came to me to use, what I term now "offset focus". The way I did it was to override the mind by confusing it into believing that I knew where the item I was looking for was, by looking for something else. I am sure most of you have been looking for something you lost and found 10 things you had once been looking for before as you are looking for what you cant find. lol Its the same thing, I just turned the tables by looking for something else, and indeed I would shortly find what I wasnt looking for anymore lol. Then I did numerous feild tests to see if I could reproduce the reaction with less variables and without depending on confusing the mind. So one day I was walking and was out of smokes. So I thought, what if I made them appear on my path by using the same type of looking that I had used before. I started by visualizing a pack of smokes, and then I believed they where existent, like knowing that a lake is just over the hill, even though its out of sight we can percieve it by memory, so I put the visualtion into my memory as a real thing, then I stopped thinking and trying to manifest it and just looked for it as though it was there, and with in 5 mins the first pac I saw on the ground I picked up, sure enough it was almost a full pack of smokes with only 3 missing! I did this experiement over and over befor modifing it to fit other applications. Once I found only 5 ciggarettes in the pac and another times the amount varried, as well as the brands, note that the pac I visualized wasnt always the pac that matterialized. I started to disect what was happening and I found that I wasnt manifesting things like I had become to believe. What I was doing was opening my mind to the possibilities that already exist all around us. Its our limited perception that boxes us into a world of limitations. All I was doing was finding the ever present possibility that links everything to everything else. My life started to become like a movie. Eveything, even the most sound ideas I had established in my mind stated to become unreal, and my wildest dreams started to take life. I went deeper and deeper. Until it became a question as to whether I should be changing anything or just drifting down the stream. Life to a body and mind must be a struggle to a degree, a challenge to over come. when nothing was left to over come, this existence seems to loose a part of its meaning or value. At the time discovery was the whole point of my meditations, and as my discoveries started becoming less and less materially grounded and more and more spiritual in experience. I started to see this existence in the infinite perspective. My identity had long since faded into a unity of all identities, but now reality was phasing into all realities and experience started to become less realivant. I dont need a body to exist though I experience a body, I dont need experience to exists, though I experience. The body doesnt add to the experience, and the experience doesnt add to my existence, rather the body is a function of experience and experience a function within existence. My body illuminates what I always have known. A love and truth so familure we all recognize it when see it. Home. I was in the middle of sorting it all out when I woke up one day and my father was gone and I turned to the only one I knew who was outside of the direct situation. That is when I found out she had cheated on me, it went on for 3 years as I fell apart, wrapped up in the pain, forgetting some of the most beautiful realizations to an automation of self distruction. From the inside out. When I realized it, it had already taken over my life. Most of my experiences havent been told, and there are still memories locked with in my being I am unlocking daily with meditation. I figure that I will take it slow this time and learn the basics and work my way with others this time. The lession I have learned though all this is that life is the experience of discovery and not limited to the discovery. The experience of discovery is infinite as is the existence it is all made from. Grand Infinity. This is an introduction, though it may seem alot, it is but a part of the experience I have had, I wish to share much more as time goes by, as I also look forward to getting to know you all. Thankyou again for your time and compassion. --Salem--

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Salem, and welcome to the Project Meditation community.

That's a very big introduction :D and a very interesting read. It certainly sounds as though you've been through a lot, but you know that, through manifesting your own reality, you can turn your life around and have started to create what you truly want. Of course there may be hiccups along the way, but you know that already and you know that whatever happens you will still exist and still be able to progress.

Look forward to seeing you around on the forums,

Hugs

Giles

3. olmate

olmate Member

G'day Salem,

Welcome. I look forward to reading more of your facinating experiences.

Olmate.

4. Salem Temple

Salem Temple Member

Thankyou! I just noticed that I was finally activated today!! Thankyou for your reply and I am excited to jump in and take it from there. I look forward to getting to know each of you more :)

-Salem-

5. Salem Temple

Salem Temple Member

Good day to you too! :) I look forward to getting to know your experiences too and thankyou for your warm welcome!

-Salem-

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

p.s. like your avatar, the Japanese Kanji for Ko (Kou) meaning "bright". :)

7. Salem Temple

Salem Temple Member

Thankyou, I found a little metal ball when I was 8 at the mall on the floor of a department store. I was instantly drawn to it from accross the store and had to crawl under a clothing rack just to get it. I was surprised to see tiny etches on it in japanese. I tryed to translate what it means, but this was the only one that I could make sense of. I am still unsure as to what the little ball is for. One person told me it was for luck, and another said it was for some kind of a pinball for a slot machine made in japan. Lol Idk. Its a cool symbol and I still got the little ball right here :) If any of you know what the little pea sized ball is please let me know and solve a 20 year old mystery for me :p

8. GilesC

GilesC Member

Ah, do you mean a pachinko ball?

pachinko balls - Google Search

Some of them are scribed with various characters, some of which may be for luck, especially as they are for playing the japanese pinball machines (pachinko).

Hugs

Giles

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  9. Salem Temple

Salem Temple Member

Yess Giles I do believe you are correct! Your awsome!!:)