1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Thanatologist

Discussion in 'Your Suggestions' started by olmate, Jun 15, 2010.

1. olmate

olmate Member

I saw a wonderful documentary regarding a man in Australia who is a Thanatologist. This is a person who plays the harp. He has been contracted by hospitals to play his harp to the terminally ill and new born babies.

It has been studied and provides significant therapudic benefitsto the new born and the dying. The hospitals have now implemented a system where with every birth a lullaby is played over the public address system. Similarly with a death a clasical piece is played over the PA. Both are the Harp.

This got me thinking about the wonderful Harp tones and Lifeflow. Have a look at the program at Australian Story . The program title is Heaven Sent.

What do you think Michael?

Olmate

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Just read this for the first time - thankyou Olmate :) What a lovely man and what a beautiful purpose he has. It made me think of the words "and as you give, so shall you receive"

He is the epitomy of "burning all his bridges and going out on a limb, against all odds" to serve others. And this kind of selfless act of love is what makes this world a truly wonderful place. I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)