1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

1. thenewme

thenewme Member

Hello to all,

I'm the new guy, I thought it would be nice to say hi. I
    have never used a thread or forum before so its all new. I downloaded 10 on the 30 day trial and test it basis only last night and started.
    I have a few doughts though and wondered if anyone else had the same feelings. It all sounds fantastic on the sales pitch and I am in such a mess that I had to try it but I can help thinking it wont work for me. Its negative i know but then it truthful. Was any one else in the same mindset and did it help, what were the first signs that 10 was doing something for them and how long does it take. It would be great to hear from someone please.
    Regards Terry

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Terry and welcome to the Project Meditation community,

I would guess that pretty much everyone has their doubts about any 'product' that claims to be beneficial, whether 'new age', 'spiritual', 'scientific' or otherwise, so of course it's only natural to have some scepticism about it.

Most people who try it seem to find it works, and of course there's always a few who say "it doesn't do anything for me", though there could be numerous reasons for that.... maybe they're not meditating properly; they have too many distractions, or they're just not recognising the benefits when they arise (a common problem seen in the therapy business is when someone starts to feel better, but puts it down to other things because they don't want to accept it was the therapy that helped)

How long it takes to benefit will depend on the individual, and with many the benefits are seen gradually over time; though of course there are some people who will say "wow, I've only tried it a couple of times and I can't believe what a change it's made"... you just have to try it and see. Some people will find a little benefit and then find they seem blocked from progressing further, but maybe that just needs someone to help them or advise them, or they need to accept the blockage, deal with it, and move on from it (often it's emotional baggage from the past that just needs letting go)

Are you just listening to the Lifeflow 10, or are you meditating with it? Have you downloaded the free "Discover Meditation" tracks? Either way, what style of meditation are you doing if you are meditating?

The good thing about this community is that there are people who are willing to listen to you and support you as you progress. For some people meditation and the whole concept of reaching a greater awareness within yourself is something completely new, and can be something that takes time to get a logical understanding of, if you're the sort of person (like me) who likes to try and understand these things. There's plenty of people here with different experience who'll be happy to share with you and give you answers or perspectives on your questions.

Hugs

Giles

3. thenewme

thenewme Member

Hi Giles

Thank for your kind time to reply. I have been listening to the free sample and the level 10 recording at the moment . I havent followed the guided meditation yet in fact i havnt downloded it yet. I must say that i think one of my questions has been solved already. I can feel a difference i have slept better the last 4 nights than i have in months and the constant beating my self up in my head seems less its fab, is it real will it stop and go back to normal has it actually worked or working for me! i cant wait to try the proper meditation now if this is just the start from listening only. And what will happen with the other 9 levels. Wow.

Regards terry

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

5. GilesC

GilesC Member

That's great that you're finding benefits already Terry. Of course it's real... you now have first hand experience of that.
    Things don't stop and go back, they can only progress. Just bear in mind that progression can sometimes have it's ups and downs too, so there may be times when you feel "this isn't helping any more" or "I think it's making me feel worse", but remember that this is just one of those blockages or issues you need to accept is there and deal with to move forward again. You'll probably, in reading this forum and others, come across the terms "Upheaval" or "Emotional Release" etc. and these are just words used to describe the changes that we can face and deal with in making every day better. ;)

Hugs

Giles