1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Suggestions for Good Spiritual Enlightenment COURSES?

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by mikemeditate, Sep 27, 2011.

1. mikemeditate

mikemeditate Guest

Hi good day everyone,

I'm looking for good spiritual enlightenment courses that is interesting to learn with? Please reply here with your suggestions.

Thanks, looking forward to hear from you guys.

2. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi Mike

Would you like to clarify what you mean by spiritual enlightenment?
    Is your seeking religious or personal?
    Do you want freedom from your ego or a simple understanding of who you are?

Be wary of the 1000 and 1 courses out there purporting to be enlightenment courses spiritual or otherwise. There is no such course, nobody can teach enlightenment, but in saying that there a some awesome texts pointing the way, as there are some wonderful guides (gurus if you like) to show the way.

Paradoxically the first thing you need to do is to stop seeking, and then truthfully ask yourself what do you “really” want. You may be surprised, I was!

The answer may not come straightaway but I found I wasn’t seeking spiritual enlightenment but rather a simple understanding of who I really am, not the persona that I believed "I" was and the multiple personalities "I" had created to overcome my daily dealings with the world.

Peace :)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  3. mikemeditate

mikemeditate Guest

Thank you so much Karmoh. Im looking for something like personal enlightenment I wanted to funderstand who I am and what really I wanna do or something like happiness.

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

Well, there are all sorts of courses that can guide you, but only you can find enlightenment within your Self.

I attended a practical philosophy course run by the school of economic science (based in London, but branches all over the UK, Ireland and many other countries)

Ten week evening course in practical philosophy - Philosophy Course | School of Economic Science

This course essentially looks at living in the present moment and asks the question "Who am I?", which also leads to doing meditation etc.

I don't attend it any more though I did 9 terms with them (actually did 11 terms but 2 we re did due to class sizes and merging withstudents on earlier levels). Certainly it was a good course (just ignore the bad press and keep an open mind, and only accept what you choose to accept :cool:)

Any questions, just ask.

Hugs

Giles

5. Panthau

Panthau Member

May i add, that the truth comes in steps anyway for a humble seeker. And it comes from within, so basically theres no need for courses... but on the other hand, maybe thats the right path for you :)

Atb,
    Phil