1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Sudden muscle shaking

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by gulfstreamg5, Jan 8, 2010.

1. gulfstreamg5

gulfstreamg5 Member

Hi,

I am at LF 9 and sometimes during meditation session, my muscles suddently shake. It could be arm, or legs, or neck...but at least once during the session, I have s sudden shake!

Is this normal?

Thanks,

G5

2. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Generally it is normal to experience a range of mild pleasant or unpleasant feelings while meditating, because our awareness is released from its usual treadmill and will easily attach to feelings of the body or mind that normally are "under the radar". Bodily sensations, twitches etc are part of this. In that sense, it is certainly normal.

On the other hand, it is not normal in the sense that someone who starts to use LifeFlow 9 should expect muscle shaking in particular. Remember, LF9 simply recreates in your brain a pattern that is normal during relaxation. We all pass through this stage every time we drift asleep or just take a nap, and sometimes even by just relaxing on a bed or in a good chair on a day without too much worries. If this caused muscle shaking, we would definitely have noticed.

If the shaking is painful or worrisome, or if it keeps getting worse, you may want to see a doctor about it. But it is likely that it simply comes from not being used to so deep relaxation for so long, and can be fixed by a slightly less comfortable sitting position, or by having two shorter sessions instead of one long. In any case, it is highly unlikely that LifeFlow 9 in itself is the cause, or we would all have had it.