1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Stuttering

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by DelijeSydney, Jul 4, 2009.

1. DelijeSydney

DelijeSydney Member

Hello everyone,

I am a 23 year old male from Sydney, Australia.
    I have just begun using LifeFlow 10 and I've had some interesting experiences.
    I have a stutter, which for the people that don't know is a speech impediment.

I have been stuttering from the age 6-7. I don't really know why I started to stutter. There is no scientific explanation to date. Some say it runs in families and it does run in my family.

I am the type of stutterer that tries very hard to hide his stutter. I am big on word substitution and I avoid speaking situations. This all gets very exhausting and sooner or later I am stuck where I cannot substitute or avoid and I suffere a big block. Last 3 weeks have been hell for me. I have been blocking a lot more and there have been situations where I couldn't even get 1 word out.

It started about the same time I started listening to life flow 10.
    Is it possible that I have stirred up all those supressed negative emotions which made me focus more and more on how I speak and as a result become much more concsious every time I stutter?

I am not sure, but I am going to continue with the meditation.
    I am actually beginning MBSR meditation classes in August as well 2.5 hours a week for 10 weeks on top of this.

I have a tendancy to get stressed easily and my anxiety is a problem. These all have a negative effect on my speech.

Well I just wanted to tell people a bit about myself and I guess what I'd like to get out of LifeFlow. Since there are so many diverse groups of people here I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions on this. Maybe you know someone who stutters, maybe you even have the magic cure ;)
    Lol

God bless you all

Goran