1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Strange sensation when meditating

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Scotsman, Jan 8, 2008.

1. purplevibe

purplevibe Member

Hi guys, this is all really interesting, as last night I experienced a bright light in my focus of vision from the third eye (with eyes closed, if this makes sense), I have experienced this before, but only in the last few days, however, the light then became above my eyebrows really, really, bright and then definitely suddenly over to the right as well. Like a candle flame, when someone opens the door and it suddenly veers off in a direction, this went off to the right and then round to the middle of my back, this happened again and again several times, it definitely felt like pulling, it was pulling me, although deep in there, I momentarily thought what is happening here, why is this light pulling away from centre, I went with it though, it was such a strong sensation I had to go with it and had a brilliant meditation. I would be interested to know more about this though, it felt like I was in the middle of some force, not frightening, but determined nonetheless, I did not feel troubled, I felt good, but it was quite an experience. Difficult to explain really. I have just tried and it doesn't explain the power I felt, although soft at the same time, as I said, it is difficult to put into words.

I cannot thank Michael enough, my meditation has gone in leaps and bounds recently, and to you all, it is good to be able to talk about this with people who have some experience of these instances. I am learning so much at the moment, and want to learn more, it is a bit of a roller-coaster ride, to be honest!

On another subject, I tried the smiling earlier, with Lifeflow, it is smiling to yourself, right inside your head, behind your eyes, I think, as Lebourdonant's beautiful msg states it is feeling all warm and relaxed, similar perhaps to a bodily relaxation technique where you make your muscles relax and go all 'floppy'. OK, I know some of you will not find that term something to want to achieve(!), but that is the only way I can explain it, relaxing the eyes really does do it for me, as well as relaxing the jaw. We hold a lot of tension in our faces sometimes, it feels really good to truly relax, sometimes when I am meditating I involuntarily relax my forehead, too, that feels wonderful and really aids my meditation. The smiling exercise is the best though, it makes one very relaxed, instantly.

Happy Christmas, I have put up my decorations tonight and the lights from the Christmas tree it has made the world a kind of magical place. Like meditation :)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  2. P85

P85 Member

meditation experience

Hi PurpleVibe,

Good to see another person that saw this light in meditation!, i red in another post that someone experienced something similair.
    Let me tell u my experience with it.

One time i was meditating at night, and i suddenly saw this light that was bright at one moment and went away at the other moment, like someone is closing and opening a door to a very bright room.
    At one point the light grew very bright and felt some kind op seperation, and when i red ur story u say u felt like something was pulling u in it totaly made sense for me.
    After the seperation it felt like i wasn't sitting there meditating anymore, i couldn't feel my physical body anymore:eek: but this VERY ALIVE innerbody, it felt like I was levitating.U can imagen how blown away i was at that moment but i was in such a ' BE ' state (hard to describe) that the feelings didn't overwelm me.
    I felt such bliss being in that light but suddenly it grew very strong and I got really scared at that moment and i forcefully came out of meditation the experience itself didn't last for that long maybe 1/2 min i think:confused:.
    Words cannot fully describe such an moment !

It's qiute a story I know but the experience took me by storm too :)
    I just wanted to share my experience with u and that it all started with just seeing the light in meditation and not trying to control it.
    Hope u find this usefull.

Peace and Love,
    P85

3. purplevibe

purplevibe Member

Hi P85, thank you for sharing your experience, it sounds mind-blowing, the 'be' feeling is so intense it is difficult to describe isn't it? It is s-o good to be able to talk with people who are going on the same journey. The 'VERY ALIVE innerbody' really chimed with me. I had another good experience of being bathed in a really bright light last night and went to bed totally blissed out. Not excited by it, just really calm, I know that I may not feel this everytime, just go with the flow and see what happens, but it is good, so good, it feels like going home, a secure feeling...

Thanks for sharing your meditation, it was more than useful, m-u-ch m-ore, peace and love to you and everyone, here's to more light in our lives, what else do we need? It's all I ever wanted for Christmas: peace and love and light x :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  4. jcsisle

jcsisle Member

I don't get a buzzing or pulling, I get pressure under my left eye that travels across the nose, between my eyes and then starts under my left eye. I have more pressure under my left than right at times. This has been happening to me since I started meditation, and occurs with the CD as well as without.

Hope this helps,

JC

5. dmtwithin

dmtwithin Member

ahh yes. the pineal gland is very powerful and is linked to the third eye. the feeling you are experiencing is normal, especially with chakra meditation. it is the 6th chakra, nothing to be worried about. The more you are feeling this sensation, the stronger your 3rd eye will get.