1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Strange Experience

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by RobotGymnast, Dec 7, 2009.

1. RobotGymnast

RobotGymnast Member

I listened to the first CD of the introductory material yesterday, and it was rather straightforward. As it was late when I finished, I went directly to bed, deciding to informally (relatively speaking) meditate until I fell asleep. that lasted maybe 2 minutes.

This morning, I woke up fully awake. Physically speaking, at any rate (mentally speaking, I thought my alarm clock was plotting against me when I first woke up). Anyway, I went through the day in a relatively good mood, as well as seeing everything as a possibility. I was also able to easily laugh at stupid mistakes I made (on a chemistry test. Oh well).

My first impulse is to chalk this one up to meditation, but looking at how much I meditated, that seems unlikely. On the other hand, I find it hard to believe it's a coincidence, because these are quite a few things that don't usually describe me.

My working theory is that listening to CD 1 right before bed plastered me with positive affirmations (the CD says "it's okay" and "that's okay too" an awful lot), and that somehow affected me.

However, I'm interested to hear what the community's opinion is, because I have no idea.

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Everybody is different and will experience different things, and yes it is ok regardless of what you experience.

It is therefore perfectly possible that the CD has had quite a profound effect on you already, or maybe a combination of the CD and you're own positive attitude toward using it.

Keep it up.

;)

Hugs

Giles