1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Steps In The Right Direction

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by masquerade, Jul 21, 2010.

1. masquerade

masquerade Member

Hello everyone.

2009 was a bad year for me. I'll spare you all the details of how I created my own circumstance and experience, but I will say that it was a very dark time in my life. I was surrounded by people who love me and I had so much good around me, yet I couldn't see it. All I saw was the negative and all I could feel was the pain of what caused my experience in the first place. Voices inside my head took over and I lost all track of what was important in life.

I started seeing a social worker at the tail end of the year, when it go so bad that I couldn't sleep and I couldn't work. I've been suffering with depression for many many years and didn't realize it. Through my therapy sessions I was able to break free from the evil and work my way through the biggest storm of my life. My SW introduced me to meditation. In the past, I had used hypnosis CD's and found those to be a great source of relaxation. Anyway, just about each session I would do a little meditation. She made me a CD which I listened to as often as I could .... but I need more.

A member of another forum I frequent told me about this place. So here I am.

I start each day off with some prayer and affirmations. I do my best to diet from negative thought all the while increasing the positive thoughts. I am living proof that positive thought can change ones life. It can be difficult when life throws it's curveballs, but I know that what I give out mentally and verbally, comes back to me in like form. Turn the negative to positive and anyone can make it through anything.

So, I've come here to learn more about meditation and to have it become a part of my everyday life. I haven't downloaded anything from this site yet, mainly because I'm on my work computer. I'll have to do all that from home.

I am a mom of two beautiful healthy boys and the wife to a loving and supportive husband of 22 years. I love life and want to make the best of the years I have left on this beautiful planet.

I look forward to meeting many of you and I look forward to learning more and practicing more meditation.

2. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Hi Masquerade,

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear you have been through some difficult times but hopefully this is the start of something positive for you :)

You'll find a heap of information within the site as well as helpful/friendly people.

Regards,
    Paul

3. masquerade

masquerade Member

Thanks for the welcome Paul!

I've been looking around a little more as time permits. A co-worker brought me in two CD copies of some meditation she listens to. I haven't downloaded it into my iTunes yet. I hope to get to it tomorrow. One thread I did read a little through was one that talked about finding the time for meditation. That has been an issue for me, but it's one I'm bringing upon myself. It's so easy to come up with an excuse as to why I don't have the time. But with two young children, life is anything but routine. Mom .... mom ... mom ... MOM! lol

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

Think of it this way:
    A day has 24 hours.
    If you can't even spare 30 minutes a day for some time for yourself, does that mean that you never have time, or that you don't allow yourself the time ? ;)

5. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

As is my habit, I will mention that strategic use of meditation actually gives MORE time. Usually the best time to cut from sleep and feed meditation is in the morning - half an hour of meditation then can equal an hour of sleep, especially once you get to a bit deeper meditation. But even from the start it should be able to free up its own weight in sleep, so to speak.

Anyway, even a few minutes is better than nothing. In the beginning, the practice is kind of fragile and needs your support. In the end, of course, it will support you.