1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Staying in the now

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Panthau, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Freeb

Freeb Member

Thank u. I try it out , if it doesnt work for me I can always stop. I think I have a little advantage to regular persons out there as I enjoy being alone, but I gues that when u relly start to scorch the ego , I might not enjoy being alone enymore. =)

2. Freeb

Freeb Member

Thank u. I try it out, if dont work for me I can always stop. I belive I have little advantage to regular persons becouse I enjoy being with my self. But maby I dont enjoy being with my self so much enymore when I seriously start to scorch the ego. :p

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

haha :) :)

I like that sentence.. "staying with yourself" :)

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

I just got it... the sense of "i am". I just wanted to meditate for maybe 15mins, and thought about that i am. And there it was... my bright me, that was always there... all the good and lovely behavior i had when i was a child, was a mild mirror from my most inner existence. I felt so much love for my self!

Thanks
    Pan

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

"Never forget, what you're looking for... is what is looking"
    Wei Wu Wei

;)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  6. Panthau

Panthau Member

lol in that moment it didnt felt separate, but my mind made story out of it... you know :)

7. Edwin

Edwin Member

And that story is also effortlessly seen by Consciousness.

8. chris-da-fur

chris-da-fur Member

I picked up the Power of Now a couple days ago and opened it up to the bit about psychological time and the idea that the present moment is the only thing that is real and where life takes place, and it blew my mind right outta here! I have been living almost exclusively in the mind created past and future, not good! :eek:

9. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Best not to judge yourself! Everyone does that at the beginning of their spiritual journey. It's wonderful that you have found this truth now and can start to discover how to live in the now, now! :p

10. Panthau

Panthau Member

For me its a gradual way since i discovered this truth. Im spending more and more time of my day in the now, and i think thats the way most people do it (if they do it). Instant enlightement is another option :D

11. chris-da-fur

chris-da-fur Member

Haha it was one of those moments where the mind just comes to a screeching halt, and your left in a pleasant void, but of course my "I" sense came back, and all the problems from the past and future along with it, just have to keep reminding myself I'm living right now, and future planning isn't that useful except in small doses, and the past... well pretty useless besides learning lessons from it!

12. sliccy

sliccy Member

Yo,

I really love TPON by Eckhart Tolle, it was one of the main inspiring forces in my life to becoming more "awake".

Now, I didn't read all the posts in this thread, 11 pages I was too lazy to read :p But I read the OP thoroughly, and I have the exact "issue" as you. I asked the same question to my spirit guide a couple days ago, and he gave me a very simple answer to the question. He said: "You will become enlightened whenever you decide to be.". I found the answer a little, too simple shall we say? But to me personally it rang a lot of truth, I am a simple person that enjoys simple solutions. So that was mine.

-Andy

13. Panthau

Panthau Member

I envy you for beeing able to talk to "yourself" or your spiritual guide, however you may call it. Thanks for sharing that insight, its so true. I love simple solutions too :)

14. quercus

quercus Member

Meditation, mind, body and spirit?

Hi,
    I have really enjoyed reading some of the posts within this forum, some of you guys are really finding your true selves. Its great and an inspiration to witness so many searching for their truth.

Although I had noticed, on many posts (I haven't read all of them!! So please put me right...) that it reads like many are 'trying' to meditate, trying to quieten the mind to find their crystal body, their buddha self, their infinite true potential...
    I guess the thing that comes up for me is the energy that seems to be going into the 'trying' has anyone practiced the five breathes of Kriya Yoga? Taught by Mahavatar Bubaji?
    I wont try to describe Bubaji, so as described by Sri Yukteswar:
    “The dwarfed vision of men cannot pierce to his transcendental star. One attempts in vain even to picture the avatar’s attainment. It is inconceivable.”

But then as a friendly warning!
    The art of Kriya should only be taught when all parts that make up our beautiful human self are ready to receive the five breathes that have been handed down through Bubaji, Christ and to the few remaining teachers incarnated on the Earth today.
    “Kriya Yoga is an instrument through which human evolution can be quickened.”
    Sri Yukteswar

This is of course so of all meditation, although with out a doubt Kriya is the quickest way to open your true potential and really start becoming who you were born to be...
    The secret of cosmic consciousness is intimately linked with breath mastery. As breath is life. Through the Kriya breath there is no effort, no trying. You instantly are, simple you just are. It is important however to practice daily if you are to defeat the last enemy, Death. But thats a whole other topic!!! lol

I would really like any feed back and if anyone has practiced Kriya Meditation?

Love and light,
    Quercus :D