1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Staying in the now

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Panthau, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

Franz,

Having read your latest 2 posts, the way to handle this is becoming clear:

Sit in Silence. That feeling you described in your stomach, that feeling of space, warmth, love, emptyness that I too feel: Approach your thoughts from there.

All the worries, all the questions, all the concepts that bothered you in your last 3 posts, are all made by mind. They are tricks to lead your attention away from the stillness within. Meditate without focus on the mind. Focus on I AM. Feel that stillness as the tensions flow away from your body. Feel your inner body as Tolle describes. Be in Stillness. After coming out of meditation, approach every thought from there. When you notice that thought is taking over, including in daily life, do the breathing first exercise that seems to work for you.

Spend an entire day in that stillness. Approach every thought from there.
    And remember, when you notice you lost it, don't worry, you noticed Now, and your thoughts are now past, a mind construct. Drop it and stay in the Now without anything bothering you.

Pan, I feel as if I have neglected you a bit. Do you have any questions ?

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

No absolutly not, i totaly trust you and love your words! They are always there where they are needed :)

Thanks again for all your effort (if it is effort for you).

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

I can't stop thinking either :) Don't worry, that is the nature of the mind. Everything is allowed by mind, as long as you don't believe that the "I" that mind is talking about is who you are:

"I am sad" is a thought from the mind.
    "I am getting really good at this enlightenment stuff" is a thought from the mind.

"I don't exist" is a thought from the mind

But hey.... " I don't exist" ???

There is a thought from the mind that doesn't seem to say that it is who you are. So, not all thoughts are bad ? Exactly ! No thought is bad ! No thought is good ! Your attachment to the "I" thought is what we are trying to eliminate, we are not trying to eliminate thoughts ! Thoughts are what makes us move through the day !

Remember, all thoughts are sound. Even in your head you hear the words. When you hear nothing, the stillness in between thoughts that one of you described a few posts back, that is what's always there. That is the road to your true Self.

Who are you ?

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

I am not sure why I am doing this. I can't stop myself :p. There is this urge to make everybody who is really interested see what I have seen.
    I don't consider myself a teacher or anything. There is a certain pleasure involved tho. It's not punishment of private torture to do this.

I just really really want to help you guys out !
    Maybe I should change my name to Geistheiler... oh no wait, it's taken allready :D

5. GilesC

GilesC Member

All that is in front of us (metaphorically speaking) is our teacher.
    Whilst energy exchanges between, teaching is taking place.

Hugs

Giles

6. Ta-tsu-wa

Ta-tsu-wa Member

New screen name

Try "Heiligbeobachter". Then you could be a character out of the Ethiopian Book of Enoch.

7. Franz

Franz Member

Excellent advice. Will do Edwin. Thanks so much for your help!!!

8. Panthau

Panthau Member

Depends, most times a thought :p

I meant actually that i "can" stop my thinking (wasnt aware of this, and it doesnt matter anyway - was just a funny realisation). It was because i told my girlfriend about my experience and she wondered how long she could stay without thinking and she couldnt even stay without thoughts for a second. I then tried and it was maybe 10secs until sounds from outside build thoughts inside my head, but still these thoughts didnt interrupt the silence, they were like waterdrops. But that was yesterday after my fastfood-5seconds-enlightemend LOL

Haha great, as long as you learn for yourself something its a give and take! I´d suggest "Thoughtwatcher" :D

At the moment it feels like as my mind wants to recatch the lost thoughts in those 5 seconds lol... like weight watchers yoyo effect LOL

9. Edwin

Edwin Member

I'll settle with "the enlightened locksmith" :p

10. Panthau

Panthau Member

haha that would be a great title for a book :)

Another question for you guys. Is after the "thought layer" the "emotional layer"?
    Ok this may be a bit cryptic lol... when i concentrate on my breath for several hours,
    i get ultimate angry (had this before on another post lol). I feel theres a big emotion. Could it be, that when i lay down the thinking, that i come to the emotions and after that to "me"?

Thanks again,
    Pan

11. GilesC

GilesC Member

To quote from the EFT techniques...

Thoughts are movement of associated energy and therefore the two are connected.

In truth, everything is energy... thoughts... emotions... memory etc.

;)

Hugs

Giles

12. Edwin

Edwin Member

I agree with Giles.

Maybe when you stop focusing on thought, emotions become more apparant.
    Best would be to not wonder where it comes from. Don't think of it as blockage.
    Just observe it. Observe the tensions it causes in your body.

You don't have to act upon the anger. Just like you don't have to act upon the thought.
    Underneath the anger is the everpresent love. Dissolve anger in attention without intention. You alone can dissolve the anger. Just observe it.

Accept the fact that the anger is there. When you fight it, it gets stronger. When you allow it to manifest itself, if you have to say it out loud "I accept that I have anger, and I allow it to be here " or something like that.

Let me know how it goes !

13. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks you both! Thanks for the reminder just to observe it like every
    other emotion or thought!

I just read about the "pain body" in "The power of now",
    and how it would react when you get aware of it. The "I"
    rather likes to stay with the pain then to lose its "identify".
    It feels like an addiction, like not eating something for a while
    and then you get more hungry then ever.

But whatever it is, you already said it... observe it like a thought!

14. Panthau

Panthau Member

What do you guys think about yoga? Could it help to be more focused on the moment?

15. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

yoga....Gus

Hi Pan,
    As per past threads, our good friend Gus "Bushmaki" swears by yoga. I have heard tons of great things too.

shine on :) :)

jim

16. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks for the info seatrend! I´d like to do some yoga (maybe instead of my workout, which is anyway only for my ego lol), but im not sure where and why and its not that cheap if you want a good yoga teacher.

17. Edwin

Edwin Member

Yoga is a form of meditation as well. It can do wonders for you.

Working out is also good. When working out, your body makes a series of hormones that could be described as "happy hormones".
    They make you feel good.

Nothing wrong with that either.:)

18. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hehe ok thanks :)

Its just that my neck is very bad, and working out gives me 3-4 days headache. Guess i have to try it out!

19. Freeb

Freeb Member

Hello

I have a gueston toward isolation.
    So I would soon have a chance to isolate (no work) and focus only on self realization. So my gueston is would it be good or bad thing if I would just isolate so that I could focus on the inner self. because I believe if person normally would just isolate that it would be kind of escape , but is it a bad thing if u do this and focus that time on self realization?

I am using lifeflow at mornings and evenings , at daytime I use Lester Levensons Sedona method.

I belive this is possible, but I just wanna comfirmation. :)

20. Edwin

Edwin Member

It can work, it can drive you crazy.

This depends on you. There is nothing I can say to you that would be sound advice. Try it I would say.

But maybe you could try to find a teacher instead. You see, self realisation doesn't come just like that.
    It takes a critical look at that which you think you are now, and it is hard to look honestly and unbiased at yourself.

" The greatest skill of man is the skill to delude himself ".
    ( Alexander Smit, Advaita Vedanta teacher from the Netherlands, direct disciple of Nisargadatta Maharaji )