1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Staying in the now

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Panthau, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

Same here.

Most astounding, even after realisation his video's are a pleasure to watch, as you can see the obvious love radiating from him, even on video. I have yet to find another Advaita teacher with whom I have the same reaction. Well, Eckhart Tolle comes close... But he mostly lectures, and Mooji interacts with the seekers.

ALL mooji's movies at this page: Satsang with Mooji

Even those where Mooji is still a seeker, just like you are now Pan, with his teacher, Papaji, a direct disciple of Ramana Maharshi.
    Mooji realised the Self in 1999, just 3 months before Papaji's death.
    All movies dated before that are when he was still searching.

Lovely site :)

Oh, and all Youtube movies posted by Moojiji are placed by Mooji himself or by someone who Mooji allowed them to post.

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

That's right, mind is limited. The only thing you have to realise is that even now, always, you are watching mind from the outside of that border.
    It is impossible to be inside that border, as you are borderless. The thoughts, with all their limitations can't exist anywhere else then in your Consciousness Awareness.

You see, you are without limits. Just look inside, and tell me how big your Self is. Does Self end with your outer skin ? Or is it bigger than your skin ? If so, how many meters ?

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks for the link Edwin, those are a lot of movies! :)

May i ask you Edwin, did you realized your self (fully) yet?

Im reading a book atm, its called "Open your heart instead of agonising" (Herz öffnen statt Kopf zerbrechen). Theres this method, when a emotion comes up, just to ask "what would it feel like without that emotion?" - which leads to the source pain. I tried it, and it works! Though alot of sources left to clear up *gg*

All that is need to be done, is to be here now and feel everything thats with you. Its so easy, and humans made it so complicated!

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

No. It was allready there. I never realised anything. In fact, I don't exist.
    Sounds like the Sedona method, or the Lester Levinson tapes that Matti gave a link of. Sedona method is based on Lester Levinson's teachings btw.
    Never mind what other people do. For all you know, you could be the only one alive. Others might even be an illusion in a big dream you call life. Who can tell ?
    You don't exist in the world, the world exists in you. Think about it.

All you can be sure of is that you exist, and that you are the one complicating your own life.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  5. Panthau

Panthau Member

Haha you never realised that you dont exist? So you were born with that wisdom? Congratulations, i want something from that cake :D

Right, how can we be sure of anything except that "i" exists? Its just a stream of information that could be anything from real to a real illusion *gg*

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

Just think: How can an "I" realise something when there is no "I" in the first place ?

You figured it out !

We can't ! Our existence is the only thing we don't have to prove to ourself.

How real is what we see, what we hear, what we feel ?
    All our senses are running after the now in the first place, as the moment light hits the receptors in the eye is slightly before the information is transferred through your nerves into your brain, where it is re-made into a picture.
    It takes a fraction of a second to process all that information.
    We see a projection of the world. We don't see the actual world, for instance, we don't see ultraviolet lightwaves, or infrared.
    We hear about a tenth of what a dog or a cat hears.
    Elephants can hear infrasonic trembles that they can generate themselves, so they can tell where other elephants are over vast distances.
    And what about bats !

Nothing we see or hear is the truth.

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yup thats so true! Realising that lefts us quiet and tiny, wondering what reality is all about :)

How can you be so sure of that? :p

The ‘I’ casts off the illusion of ‘I’ and yet remains as ‘I’. Such is the paradox of Self- realization.
    Ramana Maharshi

To i or not to i? ;-)

Theres the illusion of "I" which is created from the "Self", and the Self has the ability to get aware of itself, standing up from the illusion of "I" and see the world through the awareness of "Self" instead of seeing it through the filters of a personality. So how much percent of your daily life is "I" and how much "Self"? :D

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

:eek:

:rolleyes:

Crap. I can't leave it at that.

*sigh*
    Ok here goes:
    it is created within the Self, not from or by the self
    Self IS... All Self can be, is BE-ING. The ING indicates that it is a constant motion, it is doing BE-ing.
    Which it allready is doing, right now, effortlessly.
    Everything is Self. It is the basis of our very existence. Without Self, there is nothing. No Self = No Panthau. Panthau is an image created by thought within the endless omnipresent field of Self. An object appearing in Self.

You are creating an image of Self.
    Put down the image, put your hands on your head and step away, and lie down on the ground so I can cuff you.
    I'll read you your rights later.

Self is also just a word pointing towards something that can't be captured in words. Stop conceptualising, and start looking inward !!!
    Find your Self. Whenever you have a doubt, ask yourself "who is doubting".
    Whenever you have a question, ask "who is questioning".
    Whenever you feel angry, "who is angry"

And don't settle with an answer.

If you form an answer in your head, it is wrong. That is also a thought.

You have to SEE it. If you have no answer, that is the answer.
    Now back to work !

9. Edwin

Edwin Member

Don't believe me, find out for yourself ! Doubt everything I say ! Investigate !

After all, how can a locksmith from the Netherlands know anything about this ?

10. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Doorways

But Edwin you hold the "bump key" to the doors that all us PM/LifeFlow newbies must in time pass through! :D

shine on :) :)

jim

11. Panthau

Panthau Member

Ok i understand that im talking about things which i havent experienced yet, and i should go meditate :p

Haha! Im afraid his key works only because the key is experience which cant be shared :p

*goesbacktowork*

12. Edwin

Edwin Member

Haha there is no key. There is no lock.

Heck there is no door !

I am no more than you, in fact, I am less.

We all are Self.
    However on top of that, thoughts and images have been stacked.
    Remove the thoughts and images, and realise that there is only Self.

Mooji sais: An identity is an I-entity.

13. Panthau

Panthau Member

So the "key" is to remove the thoughts and images (mind and ego) and "realise" something.

Heck, there is a door! Otherwise theres no need for books like "A New Earth", isnt it? One can see it from this side or another... it doesnt matter anyway, its just words :p

14. Edwin

Edwin Member

I mean it, there is no door.

The sense and experience of a realised one is a very strong sense of " I Am ", not the words I Am, but the feeling they are pointing to.

Knowing that you exist.

This sense is allready there with you. There is no doubt in your mind that you exist.
    Focusing on that feeling can be enough for you to realise it.

Try it for one day, try it today ! Start Now !

With everything you do, being it meditation or anything else, just focus on the words " I Am " ( Ich Bin ) and the feeling that those words give you. Realise that you are home, that your I Am-ness is always with you.

Just the words I Am, no thoughts or theories or feelings aside that, make I AM the basis of your existence. Nothing you would do or experience would happen if you weren't there. The Self IS the feeling I AM.
    Not the words I AM, but the feeling. Use the words as the "Finger pointing towards the moon" or as a roadsign. The roadsign [Vienna 3 km] is not Vienna itself. It is merely pointing towards it.

Don't think about what can happen or what will be the result. It could take you 5 minutes, 3 years, or 25 years of I AM meditation. Just try it Now.

15. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks Edwin, ill give it a try!

I just wondered... i have the feeling that i should clear up, for example, my emotional problems before i could go on and realise the borders im existing in. But, does it matter? Wouldnt those things get cleared within in a minute when i realise that?

On the other hand, is there a learning effect for the self? Should i go through this things, still within the borders, to learn something? Wouldnt it be a shortcut to just realise the self?

16. Edwin

Edwin Member

It can be. It is different with everybody. Some realise the self in a flash, others do it gradually.

All you can do is practice, and when it will come is not up to you. That is grace.
    The realisation that you don't exist doesn't have to mean full enlightenment in a heartbeat. Some take years to unlearn the various egoic habits after that.
    With me there are still also habits, standard reactions.

But that's ok because by then you will have recognised the Self. Whatever happens next seems to happen by itself. You recognise the standard reaction that you had for years as it comes up, and observe it, and then you see what reaction would have been better suited for the moment. And then you will have unlearned that specific reaction.

For instance reacting to critisism. Why whould I have to defend myself if there is no individual here ?

When you see that, you realise that your reaction comes from mind instead of Self. Mind can be useful when for instance you have learned as a kid not to touch a hot stove, as it can burn you.
    But when you were a kid and someone critisised you, mind wants to avoid getting hurt by someone again. That is why some people overreact !

If you are really in the Now, without past bothering you, you can react exactly the way that is needed in that moment.
    That is why I want you to practice staying in that feeling of "I AM".

It will put you in the Now, and by focusing on I AM your mind is busy with that and can't pull you into your old habits. You will be more in touch with your natural state.

17. Panthau

Panthau Member

I see... like a mantra. I did that just in my meditation, and the first thing i noticed that im watching the words. Then i had twice the feeling of loosing form and that showed me how much im identified with my body, my behavior, my thoughts, the way i move and react.

I have this instance in me, which observes everything (including and especially me ego), since i can think. If this is my self, then its already there (of course it is lol) but the identification with panthau is too strong yet... hehe

So does it matter if i use "I am" or just focuse on my breath... both get me into the now, dont they?

18. Edwin

Edwin Member

not exactly. The words are there to remind you of what to focus on, but I want you to focus on the feeling of I AM.
    You can focus on the breath if you like, but stay with the feeling I AM

19. Matti

Matti Member

When you meditate or focus on ''I AM'' should you focuse also on stomach where your feelings are? What i have heard that you shouldnt ''be'' on your head, because thats where ego is.

20. Edwin

Edwin Member

Heard from who ?

I have absolutely no idea where ego comes from. Nor feelings. I experience tensions with feelings that are negative, but they can be in the legs and the shoulders as well. Love I can feel everywhere. And I don't know how to "be" anywhere in the body. Can I "be" in the stomach ? Can I "be" in the head ? If so, I can also choose to "be" in the finger right ? or in my little toe ? What you are talking about are projections of the mind Matti ! What teacher told you this ?

Actually, Matti gives a great starting point for you Panthau ! Matti, you can try this too !

When you try to focus on your I AM feeling, try to find out where in your body it can be found. You know it is there, as you are conscious. But where is it ?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009