1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Starting level question

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by PookDo, May 30, 2013.

1. PookDo

PookDo Member

I have listened to Holosync and a few other meditation programs in the past should I start Lifeflow at a different level other than 10?

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

No, I would suggest you start at the beginning. It's not easily possible to compare Holosync levels to those of Lifeflow. They both use different methods, in the way they combine frequencies etc. to the best of my knowledge.

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi PookDo,

your question has been asked by others and I can see the reasoning in it, however, having tried T.M. and a couple of other entrainment products (including holosync) I began meditating with LifeFlow over 6 years ago.

I still benefit immensely today meditating with LF10 and the other levels. Here's a couple of pièces I have copied from a well respected member (Ta-Tsu-Wa) who has décades of experience with meditation.

“Call me curious, I suppose, but I've run audio spectrographs on a number of entrainment products from various companies because I always want to know if their claims are backed up by the technical analysis I perform. When I ran across the LifeFlow series I was, to say the least, very skeptical. I thought to myself, “Here we go again! Another entrainment product that will just show me a jumble of sounds!" Then I tested them and to my very great surprise I found them to be unique and very different than any other track I'd ever tested before.
    First thing I noticed was that the LifeFlow tracks start and end right at their targeted entrainment frequency. The second thing I noticed, and you don't need expensive equipment to test this for yourself, is that I can see the LifeFlow track entrainment beats when I play the tracks on the spectrograph, but you can do the same on your home computer using a freeware program called Audacity.
    So I started using the LF-10 track and noticed how much it improved my meditative practice. With the technical spectrographic proof before my eyes, and the personal experience verifying to me that the tracks really do what Michael says they do, I had no qualms at all about investing in the rest of the series.”

“Again, as has been discussed here before, there are a myriad of benefits to be obtained from each level throughout a person's entire life. We speak of some states of meditation as being "deeper" than others and there is the tacit presumption that "deeper" = "better/more desirable". This simply isn't true. No state of meditation is "better" than another in any absolute sense. Each is important and each should be regularly experienced all throughout a person's life.”

It's your decision at the end of the day - I hope this helps and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)