1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Spooked !

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by animal, Dec 7, 2008.

1. animal

animal Member

Yesterday I did my first session on LF10.

I know that there was loads going on, most of which I cannot consciously recall. Except for one experience when I was 13 (I'm now 43).
    In a nutshell I 'fulfilled my duty' as a school team leader by reporting to the staff room that we did not have a teacher for a lesson (ie no one turned up to teach us) but in turn two girls in the class got into trouble because they had not done their homework. If the teacher had turned up in the first place then they would still have been in trouble but they blamed me because I went to get a replacement teacher.
    After school they organised a 'gang' of abot 20 others to grab me, put me in the centre of a circle with one of these girls who wanted to fight me. Now while I was no angel, I was not going to fight a girl so I tuned and ran away. All sorts of feelings go through me just typing this as you can imagine. Shame, fear, embarrassment, lonliness, isolation etc. Then it gets worse. My mother complains to the school so the head teacher then puts me up in front of the school and makes these girls apologise to me. Embarrasment , ridicule etc etc.

So this is what came up yesterday & I am completely spooked having had these memories come up.

Do I need to do something now ? Do I just accept it ?

Today - second session - did not go as deep - maybe fearing the above would happen again. But my body was twitching all over - arms, legs, back etc. Is this normal ?

I just hope this is doing some good !!

2. Scott_11:11

Scott_11:11 Member

Twitching is normal..... and annoying. But ya, that's the audio fiddling with your nervous system.

As far as the memory, I'd say try to make peace with it. This was something you were carrying around, perhaps without knowing. So it's been placed in front of you. Can you look at it from a different perspective than you did when you were a kid? Can you take your inner child, to whom this all happened, and give that child a hug, show them the love they need and be able to show them, and in turn you, that there is no need to feel those emotions of fear and embarassment. Like you said, those girls would have gotten in trouble regardless of anything you did. So why carry that guilt? As I said, you may not have even known that you were carrying it. But now you do. Love and compassion for that "inner child". Fear and guilt will fade.

In a deeper metaphysical sense. since time is an illusion, shining love and light on the part of your Now that is the "past" will also heal the part of your Now that is the "present". Tease your brain with that for a while. ;)

My thoughts. Good luck. Be Well.

3. Omm

Omm Member

You can also use the Emotional Freedom Technique to integrate the feelings that were coming up for you. Here is a link where they have a free email manual on how to use the technique to resolve emotional issues:

EFT Home - World Center for EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)

The great thing about it is that you've gotten in touch with something that has been lurking in your subconscious all of these years and effecting you in one way or another and now you have this great tool of Lifeflow to gain awareness and to let it go once and for all. Awesome!!!

4. Jeb

Jeb Member

Wow, Animal. I had the same type of experience when I was in junior high. I had forgotten about it until I just read your post. It still mortifies me to think about it! I guess all we can do is to recognize the feeling and try to come to grips with it. In reality, I'm sure everyone else who witnessed the event has surely forgotten about it.

Try to make a picture of the event in your mind while you meditate, and then make the picture get smaller and smaller until it fades away before your eyes. This is what often works for me with unpleasentness.

5. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Those are good suggestions written above.

Another thing that occurs to me is that the other girls at some point will have to balance their actions karmically speaking. They bullied you and will have to learn that's wrong. You go scott free because you did nothing wrong - no bad karma.

You're just getting rid of old stuff - definitely unpleasant when it comes up but so pleasant when you let it go. Just take it easy and things will smooth out with time.

Bhavya :):):)

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

Try to think of it this way:

It came up from your memory, so it has been inside you ever since it happened.
    So, for around 30 years, you carried this with you, and even tho you didn't remember it until now, it must have really influenced the way you lead your life, since it was the first to come up in meditation.

All the emotions you experienced, Shame, fear, embarrassment, lonliness, isolation etc. are "reflective" emotions.
    You don't feel them yourself, you experience them by imagining how you should feel according to the other kids.
    Try to feel how you yourself truely felt, and you know this allready:
    "If the teacher had turned up in the first place then they would still have been in trouble but they blamed me because I went to get a replacement teacher."

Now you will probably experience anger, a strong sense of injustice or sadness. These emotions are perfectly natural. Accept them as such, try to observe your anger or sadness.
    It may not work in one turn, but after a few times, the memory will go away because of your acceptance of it. The really cool thing about it is that now it isn't suppressed any more, it is just gone, filed as "case closed".

It won't bug you or influence your every day decisions any more, ever !

7. AntonHansen

AntonHansen Member

Dear Animal,

What a story! It is just so upsetting how we people treat each other.

I don't have much experince with this subject, but there is something that tells me, to tell you what Iwould do.

I had a friend back in Denmark that was practicing a type of Therapy called: "Thought Field Therapy"

And he explained me what causes traumas like you had, he explained it this way!

"When a traume happens (when the kids where making you fight this girl) it'll create a little seed in you brain, if you do not get rid of this seed, it will grow bigger and bigger, and after a while it will grow into a tree. at this time you can still cut the tree down, but it can be very hard to do this alone, so most people try to hide and forget about it! When the tree is all grown up, it will create a wood around the tree, a protection around the big tree, and it is at this time, if you don't do anything about it, it can cause depressions and so on!"

After that my friend explained me what TFT (Thought Field Therapy) is doing to make you feel better and make an end to your trauma/problem.

"What i will do as a TFT Therapist is to walk with you into the wood and basically cut down the trees with you, nice and easy with no rush, every time we cut down one of the trees we will prevent it to grow up again - And when you are comftable with all this, we will finally cut down the big tree"

I hoped i explained any of this in a manner that you could understand, and i hope this will help you :)

chek out TFT here

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

It never ceases to amaze me how much people have to add to the collective knowledge in this forum !

There are so many different techniques to improve our emotional health, and so many tools handed to each other that aid us on our spiritual path...

9. animal

animal Member

Thankyou fo all your support and response.

When I first discovered this site and looked at LF I wondered if it was a con. It is now clear to me that you are genuine and honest.

Now... what about the Law of Attraction (I know - wrong forum) .... is it wishful thinking or does it REALLY work ?

10. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Check out the thread on Law of Attraction (LOA), especially Pollyanna's posts. She's had very positive and inspiring results.

11. BH

BH Member

Re: Spooked

That's great!

I just ordered Lifeflow, so I can't speak to that yet, but I have years and years of experience with Hemi-Sync/Entrainment tapes, CDs. My two bits:

The type of experience you've described is rather common to new meditation efforts. In fact, back in 1988, I used a self-hypnosis tape to quit smoking. I have never had as many dramatic experiences as I had the first week of that tape! Same with Hemi-Sync. I went through a rather harrowing learning curve at various times during that phase, interspersed with "boring", uneventful periods.

In sum, cheer up! You'll look back on this experience with pride.

Mind you, there's no shame in putting down a CD for a week or two, if you need to, but I wouldn't worry about it. You look find to me!

BH

12. AntonHansen

AntonHansen Member

If you want it to work, it will work :)

Definitely check it out, in the forum, in books, from friends, on the internet, if there is patterns that people describe, that you feel familiar or inspired about or can identify yourself with then it works!

13. Edwin

Edwin Member

Also you might want to see the movie "what the bleep do we know"

It is also to be found entirely on Youtube if you know how to look for it.

14. Jeb

Jeb Member

You have to be careful with "what the bleep" as to who made the movie, who the speakers are, etc. Research the sources and take away with you what you feel is relevant.