1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Spiritual Films

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by soulvids, Feb 26, 2009.

1. soulvids

soulvids Member

This might be a little off topic but i was a little curious if anyone agrees. There's a wealth of useful information in many of the spirtual films like What The Bleep Do We know, The Secret, Deepak, etc... However, is anyone besides me a little creeped out by a lot of the effects and imagery they use throughout the films?

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

What do you mean by "creeped out"?

I think they are just using special effects like in any other film, to assist with drawing you into the film and getting you 'in touch' with what they are trying to put across. If they just gave you a film where the 'experts' just sat there and talked to you about it, it would be like being in a university lecture and you could very easily fall asleep and get bored of it.

We also have to consider that people generally are stronger in one of the Visual, Kinesthetic or Auditory fields, with most people benefitting from a combination of them. If they are explaining things in words and giving you a visual reference as well that draws you in and let's you feel what they are talking about, it becomes more captivating and of interest to more people. All part of good information sharing. ;)

Giles

3. soulvids

soulvids Member

It seems like some of the imagery like the sudden bursts of light, collages, etc. are for the purpose of subliminal messages. Sometimes i'm caught off guard and startled by the sudden burst of effects.

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

Not sure there's anything subliminal about it apart from the fact it is standard film makers techniques for keeping the audience interested.

;)