1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

"Speaking in Tongues"

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by goodoljoshua, Dec 23, 2007.

1. goodoljoshua

goodoljoshua Member

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone out there could offer some explanation for this "weird" thing I experience.

First let me mention that my present goal is to maintain that full presence of Being continually and consistantly. I'm fettered by the limited capacity of words to express what I mean but it's like a "no mind" place, a primarily heart - secondarily mind place, a still, strong, undisturbed place of peace, calm, restful alertness. Does that make sense?

The LifeFlow program has been very helpful in assisting me in relaxing the brain's flow of turbulent thought and settling into the underlying Calm that I feel exists inside of me somewhere. Throughout my day though my brain becomes overstimulated by the "outside" world and my own thoughts and feelings.

Sometimes when I become aware that I am living, perceiving, and acting from a very superficial level of thought a deeper part of me speaks in what would best be described as a foreign language - but I don't speak any other languages.?! A few words come out in sentences and phrases, I don't know what they mean, but they have a powerful "energy," or "force" behind them. I FEEL spoken TO even though it's "me" that is speaking. I always immediately "drop" into that deep state of conciousness, that deep place of being that is full of a feeling of purpose, destiny, awareness, connectedness, one-ness.

With the exception of a New Testament record of something similar, I have never read or heard about anyone having a similar experience. What is This?

What is This?

Thanks friends,
    Joshua

2. Julielz

Julielz Member

Josh,

Thanks so much for sharing this. Sounds pretty cool. I've yet to hear of this kind of experience myself except in past life regression cases.

I wish I had an answer for you, but I do not. The truth is you know the answer. Somewhere within you knows. It is yours to explore and play with. I suppose language is just one more thing we get to transcend : )

Love, JZ

3. goodoljoshua

goodoljoshua Member

Thanks JZ
    I was shy about sharing this experience (ego-based I'm sure). Thanks for the positive reply!
    . . .and nice to meet you. :)
    Joshua

4. Julielz

Julielz Member

It's all about balance, eh? Who says we can't have a little fun with the bells and whistles (and they may be serving us beautifully and perfectly), as long as we also understand there are deeper caverns to explore? Besides, your situation sounds a bit different from bells and whistles. Again, yours to explore. And, no, you didn't sound ego-driven in your post. Although, I wouldn't have judged that either.

I spent a good month truly believing I was being visited by Elizabeth Kubler Ross. Ha! Fun, right? It eventually passed, much to my disappointment, and off I went deeper and deeper. I'm so thankful I had my one good friend that I could report to about my strange visits and not be judged.

Have you ever read Bringers of the Dawn? It just came to my mind. Interesting read.

LOVED the Row, Row, Row your Boat post!

5. goodoljoshua

goodoljoshua Member

Bringers of the Dawn? No. I'll check it out.

Thanks for the report on the rowing your boat merily down the dream stream of life!

And thanks for your website! LOVE it! Love the energy you bring! Light and clean and loving. Thanks.

6. Julielz

Julielz Member

Thanks for the feedback. I'm totally stealing your Row Your Boat epiphany for my next blog entry. I just can't get over how fantastic that is! And I teach kids yoga where we sing that song just about every class! Can't believe I never paused to take it in and truly listen.

7. goodoljoshua

goodoljoshua Member

Haha!

What a joy and an honor to pass on a blessing!

Merily yours,
    Joshua
    lol

8. lebourdonant

lebourdonant Member

Channeling ?

how weird would it be for most of the population years ago so say:

here! turn this wheel and when you get the proper frequency, then you'll hear Jazz music.

I want to express the following: many people around the world are able to channel, that is: being tuned up to a frequency and letting that frequency resonate through you.

Are you allowing the conscious channeler nature of yourself grow ?
    if that is the case, set your intentions to pure light, be grateful.
    choose consciously to target harmony.