1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

So what is a medative state in your opinion ?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by manx, Jan 13, 2008.

1. manx

manx Member

hi all
    i keep reading posts from meditators who say things like .... i just cant seem to get into a medative state nothing happens or it just does not seem to work ect ect ,

i am very intrested to hear how you difine a medative state as i think the variations in answers will be quite intresting.:):):):):)

2. Julielz

Julielz Member

Hi Manx...

I define a meditative state as being fully awakened to the present moment. So whatever technique one uses it's the moment that your sense align and you are fully present to the NOW. Yay!

Nice idea for a thread :p I look forward to reading other's responses.

3. kaywanlau

kaywanlau Member

from what I understand it is when your mind is totally free from any thoughts, brain activity is stand still but you are fully awake and aware.

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

For me the most important thing is to get very very relaxed.
    When I come out of meditation I feel as if I have all the energy to take on the world, but without a busy life !

As I still have a lot of thoughts going on during meditation, I don't always feel "fully awake" but occasionally I have been in a state that I can only describe as "being". I was there, fully relaxed, no thoughts popping up, and I just "was". I think that is the deepest state of meditation one can have, and I hope to get more of those moments in the future, because it feels as if you're one with everything around you, as if we blend into each other and live as one big organism. Kinda like "the ant that realised he was part of the big anthill" :D

5. manx

manx Member

Hi again
    i have been meditating twice a day now for just over ten years and i still find it difficult to explain to anyone what i experiance during meditation.

i personally think this is because the experiance can be so intense plus virtually every meditation experiance i have is different.

i suppose my aim during meditation is to meditate to a level where time and space dont exist i cannot feel my body and i have no thoughts going through my mind, any physical pain i had as disapeared and i am unaware of my surroundings....WOW!
    to me this is pure bliss.....and thankfully i do acheive this state quite often.

but saying that when i do meditate i will gratefully allow whatever happens to happen,
    gone are the early days when i wanted and tried to make certain things happen during a meditation.

to me every meditation is just that.. a meditation.. whatever happens happens and if you try hard to meditate you are doing exactly the opposite of what meditation requires which is ... nothing !

i have had the most bizzare experiances imaginable during the time i have meditated some of which can be read on the post titled hi yo "share ur exp posted by srikanthkris.

if i were giving advice to anyone starting to meditate it would be :
    dont try too hard and dont have expectations to me this is the perfect recipe for reaching bliss.

6. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Manx

I totally agree. Unaware of where I am, warm tingling feelings, deep relaxation and inner peace, feeling my legs and arms are not touching anything, finding solutions and even sometimes a busy mind. All of these I think are meditation doing just what is right for me at that time. What I really notice the most and what really matters to me is the difference it makes in my everyday life and how it has helped me resolve many issues. I do look forward to it everyday though and feel totally re-energised. Happiness and joy to you :) :) :)