1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

So much change over the past year...

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Franz, May 13, 2009.

1. Franz

Franz Member

Hello everyone. I have been reading all of your posts and I must say they are quite enjoyable to see how everyone seems to be on a similiar path. I am 29 years old and up until about a year ago led a very different life. For about 8 years straight I did nothing but party and drink on the weekends, smoke pot, date various types of women etc...until about a year ago something happened. I started to have panic attacks and anxiety. I was so at a loss with myself because I was one who never suffered from anypsychological problems and the feeling of intense fear really freaked me out

I then purchased the linden method which marked the beginning of my journey on really finding "myself". For anxiety sufferers this is an excellent tool. I started doing visualizations and it seemed to give me bits and pieces of info that basically teach us how are thoughts and emotions are not truely "you".

I then stumbled upon "A New Earth" and could not put the book down as soon as I started reading it. I remember the feeling of intense joy and noticing the trees around me and I could feel such positive energy and felt connected with everyone I encountered. Keep in mind up until this point I was a meathead bachelor that cared about partying and getting intoxicated.

I have been meditating for a couple of months now and picked up LifeFlow. Sometimes I feel that all the tough anxiety problems I went through which guided me to this journey of learning the "truth" had to happen. I am so thankful for everything that has happened even though it was one of the toughest experiences ever. It's funny how life works sometimes. I noticed the more and more I let go, weird coincidences seem to keep happening. Everything just seems to fall into place. Now when I find myself in some type of hardship, in the background I get alittle excited because I know I am about to learn something that life is trying to show me. I can tell once the message is clear because I can feel an intense feeling of peace and joy.

I also notice one thing...when I talk and share my experiences with other people I get that same feeling. As I am typing right now I can feel this intense current of joy throughout my body. Do you guys feel this? Its like life is somehow trying to tell me to help others to realize what I have realized. Who knows...

I naturally just stopped some of my old habits and I know I still have lots to learn. I no longer suffer from panic attacks or anxiety but when I do feel anxious here and there it feels like some sort of reminder helps keep me balanced and in the "present" moment.

I am flying to Europe next Tues and something is telling me I am going to learn something there. All in all, I am so excited for this new life and even more excited that I have find others on a similiar path.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Franz and welcome to the community. I agree life is a learning curve and I am happy for you because meditating with LifeFlow is an amazing aid to lead you to the truth and peace. I wish you much happiness on your continuing journey :) :) :)