1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

So I just got an email from Michael Mackenzie

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by sliccy, Mar 29, 2010.

1. sliccy

sliccy Member

Hey guys,

I'm assuming anyone else that was subscribed to the news letter got it as well. The letter was about session changes affecting your mood, and state of being. It was so fun for me when I was reading it, because it felt like a deja vu almost. Since the winters are really nasty here (Minneapolis) whenever the sun comes out I feel so much more alive and energized.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my feelings on this and see what everyone else has as their experience with this.

-Andy

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yup, the sun... its almost like an awakening... ahh theres another state of feeling, i almost forgot about it. :)

3. Midnight

Midnight Member

Here in Arizona, we have sun 300 days of the year, which I used to dislike, but now I'm thankful it's usually so sunny.

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

hehe thats how we percept reality... if theres no point of reference, its all the same and it starts to bore us. Do we get bored within "god" (where theres no point of reference too)? :)

5. gadgetguy35

gadgetguy35 Member

That is wonderful food for thought Pan. I tend to be a restless person, getting bored with more of the same.

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

An interesting statement Pan. May I share my thoughts on it.... :rolleyes:

You say:

But you first need to understand what boredom is.
    If you are feeling bored of something then you must still have a point of reference because you are comparing the present moment to some thing else. It is that comparison that is an attachment and that attachment is what is drawing your mind away from the present moment. In doing so, you create a desire, and this desire is what turns the present moment into a perception of boredom and the "some thing else" into the non-boredom.

As you say, if there's no point of reference then it is all the same, but that is not a bad thing and boredom does not exist there.

If you feel boredom, choose to let it go, and become present again.

Hugs

Giles

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yap, you´re right of course... gladly im not bored. In fact, thats i term which is nearly non-existent in my life. Maybe i should spent more time beeing bored, so that theres a balance of beeing bored and not beeing bored *gg*

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

Silly puppy :p:rolleyes:

9. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Andy, although I love all the seasons, I really welcome the sunny weather after winter. The last few days have been around 30 degrees and I have been fortunate in taking some time out to relax and read under the shade of a beautiful tree and cool off in the pool with my grandchildren.

Today is cooler so it's been a great day for gardening and if the forecast of rain is correct for tomorrow I'll enjoy a busy day in the office.

For the first time in years I have planned quite a lot of time out to enjoy the summer, however, I have a big exciting project I will work on through the winter along with lovely walks and coming home to log fires :) :) :)