1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Slowing down

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Edwin, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

I was wondering if other people are noticing signs from our society that people are getting fed up with always having to be in a rush.

I think the last couple of years especially people have been forced into always living "on the edge".
    Now I can tell tell-tale signs from commercials, programs and news-items, as well as from people I talk to on a day to day basis, that people think it should tone down a bit. I am one of them.

I am convinced that when I learn to relax more, the same things get done, but without the stress. In a way it is a strange situation to build up stress the whole day and have to meditate it away every evening and/or morning... meditation could be a lot deeper and benificiary if you have no stress, at least that is my opinion.

Anyone else feel this way too ?

and to one of the admins: could you please move this one to the appropriate forum ? I am an idiot :p

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  2. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

Yeah i agree that life is all rush rush rush these days.
    In the streets people are always rushing to get somewhere and honking their horns impatiently in traffic.
    Most people need to learn to relax and yet there are a lot of stressful jobs out there that people take for the money.
    Its been psychologically proven that there is a corellation between stress and heart disease. People that are stressed are more likely to have heart disease and suffer from illness.
    Relax people!

Divinitywolf ;)

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

The calm after Lifeflow

I couldn't agree with you more. I think people need to find some inner peace and calm, now more than ever. I think when you become calmer and more peaceful in yourself, you notice how unnecessarily hectic and busy life can be. I'm definately much more productive in less time through regular meditation. I think one important factor is that you get rid of constant thoughts racing around your head all the time.
    When I'm working I'm focused on work and not thinking of family matters (and I no longer keep on and on without a break) that's a killer I think! The only interruption I'll occasionaly get is one of my grandchildren coming for a cuddle or suggesting I go for a walk with them - and that's always a welcome break. :)
    When I'm enjoying family time I never think of work either, unless we're discussing goals and dreams that is. (the fun part) Happiness and joy to you both :) :) :)
    P.S. I was going to write something about after lifeflow sorry but forgot. I'll write about the experience again.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  4. floater

floater Member

echo that!

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

watched a youtube movie of Eckhart Tolle where he referred to stillness...

YouTube - Eckhart Tolle, the enormous power of YES, www.soundstrue.com

It seems appropriate for this thread I started I think.
    The relief from stress I feel when I meditate only sometimes comes back to me in dayly life, and only for a moment.
    My children watch a semi educational series called Dora the Explorer, and when the animals around her panick, she sais: Stop, breathe, think.

Amazing lesson for children, hope they pick it up and do that for the rest of their lifes !

6. TwoPynts

TwoPynts Member

In the town I live, it seems that EVERYONE is always in a rush.
    Well, maybe not the retirees. ;)

But yes, everyone is stressed, and it shows on their faces. As they drive, as they shop, as they eat, as they talk on their cell phones. Everyone tries to cram so much an and if they can't they feel frustrated. I see this happen to myself and have to remind myself to slow down, unplug.

Meditiation is a great stress reliever, but we need to able to apply that feeling to our lives all of the time. As Edwin said, "stop, breathe, think."

7. shesgg

shesgg Member

You have to eat and pay bills so too many of us are always rushing here and there. If you invite the stillness throughout the day though, bring yourself to the present and become aware, you are doing yourself a world of good.

When you go outside notice everything about nature and notice that stillness behind everything.

I keep my windows open at home a lot more now and I have moved my desk to a place where I can see out easily, I like bringing the outdoors in now. I used to close myself off from the world when I wasn't working. I thought it would help me if I hid from the stress of my work week.

Incorporate your meditation into your daily routine. It's really good stuff! :)

Love/Light

GG

8. ctutt

ctutt Member

Rush, hurry, urgency, feeling frantic are simply a state of mind. Actually a counter-productive debilitating and negative state of mind. (A diseased way of being) They imply lack, need, unfulfilled desire, resistance to pressure, the demands of work, career, family, getting ahead or just keeping up with the Jones'.

With meditation and especially in concert with the Sedona Method of "releasing" this frantic insanity will simply go away. You'll still get as much--even more accomplished but without the desperate feelings of stress, strain, have-to, must-do now, oh shit I'm late, tension wind-up that you may now be experiencing.

All The Best,
    Charles

9. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Lazy Sunday Afternoon.

The sun is blazing. :cool: The sky is azure blue. :) The birds are singing :) My work is all done ;) Done LifeFlow 4. Got my book (The Power of Now 2nd reading) Heading for another bit of heaven in a hammock under the trees ;) A well earned RELAX C'est si Bon!!! :) :) :)

10. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

wonderful

Enjoy Pollyanna:)

Gus

11. avatar

hello everyone

after lunch,went to see a recent baby horse wich by the way i named him DHARMA,we stayed there playing together .
    the moment was so special and no hurry what so ever ,just presence and nature.
    i live in portugal and it is more of a quiet country,but the fear and desconection is taking some people around in circles.
    meditation is the key.
    meditate,meditate,meditate.:p

12. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hi avatar !

I agree with you totally !

I hope that Oprah and Eckhart Tolle's program will get more people to meditate worldwide, it will create a shift in people's minds that will change our world !

13. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

HI AVATAR, PERFECT :) :) :)