1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Siddhis (Supernatural powers)

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by syed21188, Sep 3, 2013.

1. syed21188

syed21188 Member

Hello,

If a person's chakra opens but no siddhis occurs, what does that mean?

Ahmed

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hey there.

I have no experience with chakras and siddhis, maybe you can help me out. What happens if a chakra opens, and how should it relate to siddhis?

Afaik siddhis are a byproduct of spiritual evolvement. Concentrating on them is said to be a distraction and may lead to a loss of them.

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

I'd be concerned if your chakras are not open.
    Many in the West have corrupted the idea of chakras, to the point that they create guided meditations etc. for opening and closing the chakras, typically ending the meditation by closing all the chakras one by one. However the principle behind chakras means that if the chakras really were all closed, then you'd actually be dead.

Siddhis are 'abilities' that people develop with spiritual growth, and are not directly linked to the chakras which are more related to the energy flow of the person (and yes, I know there's some correlation between energy flow and energy practices such as Reiki etc.) The Western concept of opening chakras is not, as far as I'm aware, related to the gaining of Siddhis, though obviously there's some out there who would like to make us think so, with some distortion created via their New Age ideas.

Chakras and Siddhis are concepts from ancient teachings in the East (typically India), and have sadly been corrupted by the Western New Age ideas and movement.

Hugs

Giles

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Aha! :)

Ive read here and then from these things (like from Yogananda), but never got deeper into it.

And concepts and meditation arent anyway compatible. :p