1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Should I skip ahead?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Becster, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Becster

Becster Member

Hi,

I have recently started using the first track of lifeflow (track 10) and I am not feeling any effects from it. I used to meditate a lot about ten years back and have done a lot of work with different states of mind. I am wondering if I should skip to the next level early (been on track 10 for about 2 weeks). Or should I give it more time. I have been using it twice a day for 20 min's or more each time.

I have had better meditation experiences without the lifeflow tracks and I am sure the audio does work from all the stories I have read on this forum. That is why I am wondering if maybe my mind is already at a level where the first track just doesn't have an affect. Or it could be the other end of the scale where I could have such a huge block that it is taking time to build up any effects. Has anyone had this experience?

What do you think is the best way forward? Should I carry on with the same track and give it time or should I go with my instinct which says try the next track? I don't know enough about this system to know if it would be harmful or have negative effects to move on too quickly.

Any feedback or advice would be welcome.

Thanks ;)

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Personally, I'd say stick with it for the next couple of weeks before moving to the next one. As you say, it could be that you won't notice anything from it, but it's better to stick with it than to move on and find the other levels aren't being as effective because you didn't complete this one.

Of course everyone is different, so you may be ok moving on, but if you find you do need to come back to it, then that could cause a delay in your overall practice.

To the best of my knowledge, it wouldn't be harmful or have negative effects if you moved on, but it simply may not be as effective to do that. Remember, level 10 is just the start of the course, so it's not necessarily going to bring up massive changes immediately for everyone.

Hugs

Giles

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Becster and welcome to the community :)

I'm sure there is an explanation. First of all, even if you moved through the levels too quickly it would not be harmful and you would not have negative effects, however, you would not benefit as much because each level builds a foundation for the next deeper level.

So I can get a clear picture of what you are doing, please can you tell me
    what type of meditation technique you are using with LifeFlow?

Here's an old post from someone who had meditated for 10 years before LifeFlow. It may or may not be relevant to you but it's only short so worth a look at:-

"I've had the # 10 CD for 5 days now. I've been a practioner of meditation for about 10 years or so and seemed to be stuck where I was no matter what I did.
    I bumped into references to another program such as Lifeflow and began to investigate. Through my studies I was led to Lifeflow and settled on it for various reasons.
    Much to my surprise I was able to address some past issues already through Lifeflow that had been getting in the way of any further progress on my own. I have to be willing to face my past and accept it for what it is . . .(the past) . . . in order to move forward to what the present holds.
    Thanks Micheal for being one of those with enough vision to see a need for something like this in our lives.
    Mine will most assuredly never be the same again.

Gus"

Here's a link to the actual post if it's of any help:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...stories/808-5-days-some-success.html#post3310

After more than 6 years I personally still enjoy meditating with each individual LifeFlow level which leads me to ask the above question. I look forward to hearing your reply and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

4. Becster

Becster Member

Thanks for the reply

Hi Giles C, thanks fort the feedback. I think you're right, I should stick with the first audio for a couple more weeks. I need to curb my impatience :)
    It won't hurt to see it through.

Hi Pollyanna, thanks for your reply and the warm welcome.

The first day I used the track with no meditation technique, just listened and relaxed. During these times I had some visuals of dark monsters rising up from the depths of my subconscious, not scary or weird just things that had been dormant for a while. From the second day I used a simple mantra meditation which I started practicing just a few days before I started using the lifeflow track. I have done this type of meditation before many years ago so it feels very natural to practice with it. Since then I have not felt any effects either good or bad.

Maybe I need to give it more time? Or perhaps alternate with and without the mantra meditation? If you've been using lifeflow for 6 years you probably have some insight into the possibilities so I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

It looks like Gus broke through some barriers with lifeflow, a story I have read many times over on these forum threads. I have no doubt that it works and will continue to use it. I guess I am just a little impatient sometimes.

Thank you for the feedback,

Looking forward to your replies :)